Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Read THE 4 HOUR BODY, by tim Ferriss

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
It is bound to have something that interests you, guys. From losing weight really quickly and easily, to gaining muscle the same way, to giving a woman wild cums, and on and on. Big, hardback book, order it thru your local library's INTERLIBRARY BOOK LOAN SYSTEM

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have read it ...

Its about 25% accurate and 75% inaccurate.

Read it with a mouthful of salt.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
that's easy to SAY. How about you back up your mouth with some stuff that you can prove is inaccurate, like you actually KNOW anything?

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I too would like to know what is inaccurate, at least pertaining to the diet and muscle building chapters. I have followed his advice with similar results.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody gains muscle or loses fat "really quickly". Unless you have elite genetics, in which case you wouldn't be reading the book to begin with. It's a way to market to lazy people.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
Wrongo, some, who have the necssary DISCIPLINE, can do it. Others, lacking that same discipline, want to blame the messenger.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody who has actually paid their dues in the gym understands that everyone who builds a great body through hard work (rather than winning the genetic lottery or pharmaceutical assistance), follows the same principles.

I was intruiged by some of his methods and ideas, and respect his meticulous nature.

ie. multiple methods of adipose % testing.
ie. taking pics of your food instead of writing it, if you're the lazy type.
ie. close monitoring of bloodwork.

But no one builds muscle that fast. I do not have the book infront of me so I can't reference it. I just remember him mentioning building 34lbs of muscle in just a few weeks. (or something equally absurd that no one else can replicate).

I don't discount him entirely because he is a great guinnea pig, therefore good source of non-scientific but greater-than-anecdotal evidence.

But if you want to only spend 4hrs a month doing exercise, and hoping to build an admirable physique ...

Then sorry you are going to be disappointed 100 times out of 100.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
Wrongo, some, who have the necssary DISCIPLINE, can do it. Others, lacking that same discipline, want to blame the messenger.
What are your lifts?

Bodyfat percentage?

Current status in relative to your goals?

How can you claim he knows what he's talking about? I'm not saying he doesn't, but you are adament that his method works. How are you so sure?

Not saying you're wrong. Theres so much variation in this world that almost anything is possible. But after spending 6+ years doing various types of physical training, I'm somewhat skeptical.

This thread should be in H&F anyways ... Moved.

XMinister

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read the book. He has some mistakes in there of course, but I also follow his blog and he addresses them. His strength training method is definitely better than the conventional stuff. He uses a slow burn protocol, similar to a body by science routine.

Science > personal experience

I'm not addressing anyone personally here, this is just my take on this topic. Conventional wisdom says no one can lose fat and gain muscle quickly. That's true following the conventional wisdom method of doing so.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Albert Einstein

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
he puts the proof out there about the muscle gain. you can check it.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His strength training method is in no way better than the conventional. Very few people respond to such minimal training without anabolic aids. When it comes to supplements etc then yes science>experience but with regards to weight training experience>science.
Goundra, yes he puts in a few pictures of his experience which frankly don't look like the same person. Nothing is verified, no word on whether anabolics are used etc. A lot of this book is bull****.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
Do you even lift?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No but he can karate chop the tops off of bottles, break rocks over his head, etc. so he doesn't need to :rolleyes: