Reaction to a break up

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Posting this here because of my age and never really getting responses in the main forum:

My recent break up has had me questioning everything that I've learned from the past 7 years. I was in a 1.5 year relationship that I KNEW wasn't going anywhere with a woman who is 11 years older than me. I dumped her 4 months ago, and was happier than ever to be single again.

I always told her that I wanted her, but did not need her and I really believed this. After I dumped her, I was out and about, hitting on women and feeling really good about it. At one point, I started missing her and we hooked up again for a couple of weeks. However, I started unknowingly becoming needy, while at the same time trying to keep my emotions in check.

She eventually rejected me for another guy and this hurt like nothing else. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling this way. I was numb, anxious and depressed. I kept thinking, "what the hell is going on with me?" "Why am I feeling this way when I didn't even want this lady?"

I remember walking on the beach and talking out loud to myself, "This is good for me because she has found someone else her own age who will appreciate her and loves her." I kept telling myself that I would get over this in a matter of days. Those days became weeks and those weeks became months.

I'm finally starting to feel better and I'm getting my mojo back. However, I still have a difficult time reading posts on this forum (including the DJ Bible) as I feel like I've become a bit too sensitive. While I can relate to many of the things on here, I don't feel like a player anymore and I'm have a difficult time getting that mindset back. Most of my online time is spent on ENA in the "healing after break up" section and I can't tell if this is having an affect on the way I'm starting to view things. It's like 7 years of learning seduction has all been wasted on this one break up.

The thing that I'm mostly concerned about is the physical reaction I had to the break up. The numbness, anxiety (heart beating too fast), and throwing up in the morning.

How is this possible just from being separated from a woman? Normally, I would date women for about a month or so and I could walk away with no problem, but this one just killed me and I don't understand why.

Opinions?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
bish0p said:
I kept thinking, "what the hell is going on with me?" "Why am I feeling this way when I didn't even want this lady?"
Ego. You'll get over it.

The thing that I'm mostly concerned about is the physical reaction I had to the break up. The numbness, anxiety (heart beating too fast), and throwing up in the morning.
Believe it or not, I've been there. Then I realized how ridiculous I was being and decided to get on with my life instead of being a retard. Again, you'll get there. You just have to want it.

How is this possible just from being separated from a woman?
Again, it's ego. You base a lot of your self-worth on how other people, especially women, respond to you. This is something we've been raised into...to believe our social status is the direct result of our "heartthrob status" with the ladies. It's not. You gotta get over it.

But you have to WANT to get over it. Some people are so used to feeling lovelorn that they prefer to stay that way because it's comfortable, rather than try the different experience of being "free" of these feelings. Human beings are creatures of habit.

As for being "Don Juan" again...when you want to be, you will be. You CHOOSE to browse gay sites like "ENA" (not sure even what that is...guessing some girl-run relationship site). Point is, no one's clicking your mouse for you and prying your eyes open to view it.

When you realize that YOU are doing this to YOURSELF, and that YOU have control over how you respond to your feelings (whether you empower them or just let them slide), then you will begin to recover.

I've spent the bulk of my life f**king around on the Internet trying to find someone who could tell me all the answers to life. Let me save YOU some time...they're not out there. You have to answer those questions for yourself.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
As for being "Don Juan" again...when you want to be, you will be. You CHOOSE to browse gay sites like "ENA" (not sure even what that is...guessing some girl-run relationship site). Point is, no one's clicking your mouse for you and prying your eyes open to view it.

I've spent the bulk of my life f**king around on the Internet trying to find someone who could tell me all the answers to life. Let me save YOU some time...they're not out there. You have to answer those questions for yourself.
Thanks for the reply. You pretty much summed it up for me. I know that I have control over my actions, I'm just still having a difficult time in not reacting to what I feel day to day. My reaction is to go to sites like enotalone.com....which you are right about in that it's geared toward the romantic side of relationships...I mean, there are guys there trying to figure out what they are going to get their ex for Valentine's day.

I don't agree with most of the stuff posted there, but it's like I can relate to them more than I can with sites like this at this moment and I don't like it.

I hate this feeling of caring so much, but it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm still trying to fight it and it only seems to be in regards to this particular female who I feel a lot of guilt towards, due to the way I treated her.

I am in a better place than I was 2 months ago and I have slowly started flirting again which is good. But, like you said, I will not get the answers I'm looking for online. I've just been thrown a curve ball in life when everything seemed so certain before.

squirrels said:
When you realize that YOU are doing this to YOURSELF, and that YOU have control over how you respond to your feelings (whether you empower them or just let them slide), then you will begin to recover.
This part is very important to me right now. So, what you are saying is that it's not about what I feel at any given time, but how I respond to it? Actually, scratch that question. It's the same as not feeling up to going to the gym, but you do it anyway.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I hate to say this but pull your head out. Lets pretend for a minute your current feelings or funk or attitude or whatever is like a shrapnel wound. Pretend its a big gash on your arm thats laying open and bleeding. You can mull over it every day picking it open, tearing it more, letting it bleed you weak and allowing the infection to consume you...OR....you could stop the blood flow, stitch it closed, put some anti biotics on it, bandage it up and have it heal up nicely while every day you get stronger and more able to use your injured limb. It's your CHOICE!!!....Deal with it and move on!!! There are many more women out there to choose from. JEEZ.....you have the FREEDOM now to go out and have fun. MAN UP, GET OVER IT, GO OUT AND LIVE!!!! The one thing on life you can never get more of is time. Time is truly the most precious thing we have. And none of us even knows how much we have. STOP WASTING YOUR MOST PRECIOUS GIFT!!!

EDIT----Also every time you feel like going on to www.itsgoodtofeelsorryformyself.com turn your computer off and do 50 pushups. That way you'll at least get something positive for your time spent. JEEEEZ

Last edited:

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
boomerick said:
Dude, I hate to say this but pull your head out. Lets pretend for a minute your current feelings or funk or attitude or whatever is like a shrapnel wound. Pretend its a big gash on your arm thats laying open and bleeding. You can mull over it every day picking it open, tearing it more, letting it bleed you weak and allowing the infection to consume you...OR....you could stop the blood flow, stitch it closed, put some anti biotics on it, bandage it up and have it heal up nicely while every day you get stronger and more able to use your injured limb. It's your CHOICE!!!....Deal with it and move on!!! There are many more women out there to choose from. JEEZ.....you have the FREEDOM now to go out and have fun. MAN UP, GET OVER IT, GO OUT AND LIVE!!!! The one thing on life you can never get more of is time. Time is truly the most precious thing we have. And none of us even knows how much we have. STOP WASTING YOUR MOST PRECIOUS GIFT!!!
See, that's the thing. I know I have choices. I know women want me...but for some reason, this last particular relationship just changed my perception of things. I know my ex wanted me in the beginning because I had my **** together. Now I don't and I'm trying to force things back to the way they were before I met her. This is not to get her back, as I don't want her back. I just want to have that same frame I had before I met her and when I initially dumped her. However, there's some resistance in me and I can feel it whenever I tell myself that I'm going to let go.

Before I met her, I didn't mind going out and hitting on women and just dating. I never looked for a relationship. I didn't mind just having sex and never calling again. I didn't worry about falling for any one woman because I was in control. My emotions were stable....not %100, but stable enough where I could get knocked down and get back up in a matter of days.

The thing that's killing me now is that I'm not in a position financially or logistically to really be dating. I'm trying to focus on my career and less on women. This is one of the biggest challenges for me as I've been focused on seduction the past 7 years.

The other challenge is forgiving myself as I lost a lot of respect who I am when I acted the way I did when my ex rejected me. It's like, I feel like I'm not deserving enough now to be among the ranks of 'men.' I know this will not always be true, but I can't help but feel that it's true now with my current living situation.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude ---you can't go backward only forward (the cruelty and blessing of time). You can't go back to the old guy. He is GONE! Think of yourself as the new improved guy. Getting your sh!t together is a product of YOU DECIDING TO. As far as money and all that other stuff ---its just your bullsh!t excuses for not moving on. And the way you're dealing with this, still, now is costing you a whole lot more self respect that what ever you did in the past. Learn. Grow.Redefine Yourself. Move Forward.

AND---I know this is becoming cliche but you could truly have it bad. You could be burried alive under 3 stories of rubble in a third world sh!thole.

But you're not so get off your ass and start making yourself better!!!

Over and Out

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
boomerick said:
Dude ---you can't go backward only forward (the cruelty and blessing of time). You can't go back to the old guy. He is GONE! Think of yourself as the new improved guy. Getting your sh!t together is a product of YOU DECIDING TO. As far as money and all that other stuff ---its just your bullsh!t excuses for not moving on. And the way you're dealing with this, still, now is costing you a whole lot more self respect that what ever you did in the past. Learn. Grow.Redefine Yourself. Move Forward.

AND---I know this is becoming cliche but you could truly have it bad. You could be burried alive under 3 stories of rubble in a third world sh!thole.

But you're not so get off your ass and start making yourself better!!!

Over and Out
You're right. I just thought I would vent a little on this forum as I get back into the groove of things.

I am making strides, it's just taking longer than I anticipated and I'm still taking for granted the things that I do have.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just re-read your first post where you talked about walking on the beach, SH!T Now I want to reach through the computer grab you and shake you!!! GEEEZ ....I'm under a foot and a half of snow here. Go out today and do 10 positive things for yourself. Hell start by going for a walk on the beach, if you can, if for no other reason than as a tribute to us poor snowbound MF-ers!!!!!
You've probably got it way more made than you think you do!! Get out and have fun. GEEEZ!