Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rate new workout

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
I really like doing compound lifts and I wanna get big so I decided that I was just gonna do those every workout. Here's what i'm planning to do every monday, wed and friday!

1. Deadlift 3 sets of 5 reps
2. BB Squats 1 set of 20 reps
3. DB Press 3 sets of 5 reps
4. Shoulder Press 3 sets of 8 reps
5. Weighted Situps monday and friday

So is this too much work on my body? What do u guys think?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think starting off with 20-rep squat my be a little too much. Maybe start with a 7-10 repper, and work your way up to 20. You also may not be able to recover as quikly for your next workout. Listen to your body, if you're still sore for a particular body part, wait it out. Thats why I prefer 2 day splits.

Put some pull ups in there. Eventually change those to weghted pull ups. Back is more important that chest.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 widowmakers a week? You're setting yourself up your failure.

If you insist on deadlifting/squatting etc. more than once a week, look into Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength routine.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to workout 3 days a week you might as well center each day around ONE of the big three...

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
If you're going to workout 3 days a week you might as well center each day around ONE of the big three...
I already did that and I stopped growing and all the guys who're have huge upper body usually workout everyday and do the same routine everyday.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I already did that and I stopped growing and all the guys who're have huge upper body usually workout everyday and do the same routine everyday.
On your three-day split, did you keep adding weight to the bar?

-shaun

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:
Yeah and i'm pretty sure i told you to eat more especially protein and not to fvck with your program

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:

I doubt they do the same routine every day. You just NOTICE them doing the same things probably around the same time of the week.

You stopped growing because you stopped forcing the body to adapt.

How long were you on that "routine"?
How often did you add weight to EVERY exercise?
Sets? Reps?
What were you doing?

And are you telling me that you'd be willing to do the same thing day in and day out, just to have some decent sized arms and pecs? Good luck with that...

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
I've been on this routine for about 5-6 months now and I've been either putting more weight or doing more reps every workout. I guess my diet isn't in check I try to get over 4000 calories with over 200 protein daily. No I'm not going to workout everday and switch to machine workouts like the other dudes. What I don't get is how in the hell they get HUGE upper bodies not doing squats or deadlift! are they doing roids? I saw this guy DB press 110 with skinny legs. O well I like compound exercises I was just thinkin of trying A-Unit's workout to switch for a few months before going back to my original one, here's the workout....

Monday:

Deadlift
Squat / Widow maker
Pull ups
Weighted situps

Wednesday:

BB or Db Press
Shoulder Press or military Press
Dips

Friday:

Deadlift
Squat / widow maker
Pull ups
Weighted Sit ups

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here, let me recommend something (fellas feel free to add/edit)

Monday:
Squats 5RM (1x20)
Glute/Ham Raises 3x8
Leg Press 3x8
Calf Raises (however you see fit)

Wednesday:
Bench 5RM
Incline Press 3x8
Dips 3x8
Skull Crushers 2x10

Friday:
Deads RM
Pull Ups 3x8
Bent Over Rows 3x8
Rear Shoulder Raises 3x8
Shrugs 3x10

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for routine skilla I got two quetions. Which is better BB or DB bent over rows? and where should I add my shoulder press? is rear shoulder raise the samething? I guess I'll stick to this workout and try to fix my diet.

matygee

Don Juan
Reaction score
barbell rows for sure!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't say his form is the greatest....

http://www.leehayward.com/rear_delts.htm

And I prefer the barbell on the rows. Shoulder press can be added either on Friday or Wednesday..depending on how you feel...It does take a fair amount of tricep strength, so i'd recommend it on Fridays..that way you have a day or two before you use them again...

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:
Thanks for routine skilla I got two quetions. Which is better BB or DB bent over rows? and where should I add my shoulder press? is rear shoulder raise the samething? I guess I'll stick to this workout and try to fix my diet.

That was actually 3 questions :nono: lol