Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rank Yank Accent

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you remember the movie "The Man with Two Brains"? I am seeing this chick who looks better than nearly any chick I have ever been with, and we connect well....really well.

Anyway, she has the most rank yank accent you have ever heard, really painfull and drawling. It is a cross between Texan and really bad Australian, sort of the worst of both Worlds. Nobody can help me, just thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone else has ever had this issue.

The mere thought of these two accents combined probably has the Brits in this site squirming in pain.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most painful of all is the Long Island, New York, Jewish girl accent. The nasality of a deviated septum, combined with an odd New York city dialect...

If you've been to the New York city area, you'll know what I'm talking about.

If not, believe me, it's so prominent that it's hardly a stereotype. There's a girl on American Idol (or was) that has it.

I've had to next otherwise fantastic women because of it.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most painful of all is the Long Island, New York, Jewish girl accent
Are you talking about like the one Fran Drescher has?! yeah its pretty bad accent. But I wouldn't break up with a girl because of an annoying accent, there would have to be bigger reasons then that.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
Are you talking about like the one Fran Drescher has?! yeah its pretty bad accent. But I wouldn't break up with a girl because of an annoying accent, there would have to be bigger reasons then that.
Yeah, but Fran Drescher's accent was "improved" for TV.

And, unfortunately, you usually have to talk to a girl in a relationship... :(

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Texan" is not a "Yank" accent.

I'll clue you dumbass foreigners in.

There are 3 official dialects in America.

New England, Southern, and General American.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love girls that have a southern accent. I'm from the south though.

Reaction score
AverageFC, before you "clue in" "dumbass" foreginers, you should know that there are FARRRR more than 3 accents in the United States. Here's a few you may not know have existed:

1) Upper Peninsula Michigan (yooper)
2) Midwestern
3) Valley (cal)
4) Southern Drawl (talk to someone from Louisiana)
5) Ebonics (YES it IS a legitimate accent)
6) Ohio ( a cross between midestern and southern...very intersting...instead of hockey they say "hawkey"...almost canadian haha)

So, as you can see, there are many, many, accents in the USA. I suggest doing it a bit more research before calling people out.

And there are no "offcial" accents recognized by legal authority either.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
There are 3 official dialects in America.

New England, Southern, and General American.
I agree with what TurboOverCubicInches said. There are more than three, as New York/New Jersey has a distinct one and so does the Midwest. And even the "New England" accent isn't so much there. I sound different from Connecticut and Maine natives even though we're all from New England.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AverageFC, before you "clue in" "dumbass" foreginers, you should know that there are FARRRR more than 3 accents in the United States. Here's a few you may not know have existed
I did NOT say "accents". I said DIALECTS

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love when brits try to do an american accent... they all come off sounding like retarded cowboys
(chuckling...) My friend and I were listening to some of my old Kinks LPs, and were quite amused at the silly, overly southern accent Ray Davies was doing on some of the more country and/or blues influenced tunes, such as "Where have all the good times gone?". Great tune, awful accent.

Ever notice how almost all Brit rockers (except the English folkies, such as Fairport) tried so hard to sound like us yanks until the punk thing happened?

Albion4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TurboOverCubicInches
AverageFC, before you "clue in" "dumbass" foreginers, you should know that there are FARRRR more than 3 accents in the United States. Here's a few you may not know have existed:

1) Upper Peninsula Michigan (yooper)
2) Midwestern
3) Valley (cal)
4) Southern Drawl (talk to someone from Louisiana)
5) Ebonics (YES it IS a legitimate accent)
6) Ohio ( a cross between midestern and southern...very intersting...instead of hockey they say "hawkey"...almost canadian haha)

So, as you can see, there are many, many, accents in the USA. I suggest doing it a bit more research before calling people out.

And there are no "offcial" accents recognized by legal authority either.
Don't forget Bwoston, or Hey der hey. :)

Actually the accepted dialect is Midwestern, ever notice it's how all news people speak? People actually go to class to learn that accent. But Britain is no different, just depends on location and class.

How do you think language evolved. Think french and spanish were always french and spanish? Nope, they evolved from Latin along with Italian. That's why they are all classified Romance languages. You could say they're just dialects of Latin.

-Al

-Al

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Albion4
Don't forget Bwoston,
You sound like you're from Lwawng Eye-lind.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Hot girl + southern accent...

*drool*
Actually I hate the southern accent, especially on women. To me it gives the insinuation of "uneducated". *shudder* She could be mad fine and then start talking with a southern accent and I'd go limp.