Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quotes to live by

new_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it has been a while, a damned long while at that. Here are some more quotes.

============

Some people bear three kinds of trouble -- all they ever had, all they have now, and all they expect to have.

-- Edward E. Hale

============

Conscience is a coward, and those faults it has not strength to prevent, it seldom has justice enough to accuse.

-- Goldsmith

============

Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind.

-- Juvenal

============

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~Jesus Christ

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back." ~Henry Rollins

"Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

"I have never met a truly strong person who didn't have self-respect. I think a lot of inwardly and outwardly directed contempt passes itself off as self-respect: the idea of raising yourself by stepping on someone's shoulders instead of doing it yourself. When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character." ~Henry Rollins

"Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it don't make any sense, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it ain't no good!" ~Mike Muir of Suicidal Tendencies

"Success breeds success." ~Pavel Tsatsouline

"As you think you shall become" ~Pook

"And if I offended you, Oh I'm sorry
But maybe you needed to be offended!" ~Mike Muir

"ALWAYS be willing to walk away." ~Pook

"I'm gonna breathe I'm gonna live-that's right-nothing's gonna stop me
I'm gonna shout I'm gonna scream-that's right-nothing's gonna stop me
I'm gonna run I'm gonna fly-that's right-nothing's gonna stop me
I'm gonna fight I'm gonna win-that's right-nothing's gonna stop me
Nothing's gonna stop me, nothing's gonna stop me now...
Cause the feeling's back and you gotta love the feeling" ~Mike Muir

"Everything of success is in how you think. Control your mind and you control your destiny." ~Pook

"I dug my hole too deep-I couldn't admit, I didn't know when to stop
But you can only dig your hole six feet until the dirt comes back on top
I've got a long way left to climb but I'll still look you straight in the eye
And I can honestly say I'll never quit-not even on the day I die" ~Mike Muir

"Face that what bothers you." ~Stockholder

"When you go into things in life knowing you will win, you radiate confidence." ~Drew

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~Michael Jordon

"Patience comes from confidence and is one of the five most important things in life, the rest of them I will let you know when I find out, have patience." ~Don Phenom

"What the hell's going on around here?
First off-let's take it from the start
Straight out-can't change what's in my heart
No one-can tear my beliefs apart, you can't bring me
You aint-never seen no one like me
Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
Never-fall as long as I try
Refuse-to be part of your lie
Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me" ~Mike Muir

"You can't bring me down!
Who the hell you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch!" ~Mike Muir

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The mind is the standard of man.
--Paul Lawrence Dunbar--
Man is not is the world to set it right, but to see it rightly.
--Eric Butlerworth--
If it's hard to do, then do it.
--Les Brown--
To know is nothing at all, to imagine is everything.
--Anotole France--
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
--William Shakespeare--
"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty

Fu Fu

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don't Be Sorry, Be Successful" -- Unknown

"I learn something new about the game almost every time I step on the course." -- Ben Hogan

"Every day you miss playing or practicing is one day longer it takes to be good." -- Ben Hogan

"I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win." -- Arnold Palmer

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I Don't believe in circumstances; The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they don't find them, make them."
- George Bernard Shaw

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Digitz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd better get ready to come in contact with the dominant ideology of the non-producer. At least 75% of the people you come in contact with would like to tax you, criticize you, assault you, and envy you because you are, or want to be, a success.

Great quote I live by, anyone know where it comes from?

ilyadaimpaler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hakuma matata, it means no worries for the rest of your days. its a problem free philosophy- hakuma matata--- or something like that

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The catsup bottle in your wine rack" - Max Cannon

• "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

• "The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." - Benjamin Mays

• "The man who believes he can do something is probably right--and so is the man who believes he can't." - Aristotle

• "He who never fell never climbed." - Anon.

• "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford

• "All things are difficult before they are easy." - Thomas Fuller

• "You're never a loser until you quit trying." - Mike Ditka

• "Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success." - Anon.

• "Give me ten minutes of talk and I shall bed the Queen of France." - Voltaire

And for those of us with limited French knowledge, Kandasutra's quote was the French equivalent of "You can't have your cake and eat it, too."

darkmenace

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Dont think you are, know you are"
Morpheus to Neo - The Matrix

"Sometimes you feel tired, you feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that sh*t outta you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse"
Eminem - Till I Collapse

"Don't trust too early, but not too late"
ME - part of my Philosophy

"F*ck It"
a quote to just make you forget about things and not linger on with problems. A quote that is used highly whenever you dont care and just cant take sh*t no more, and are ready to change things. I remember really being motivated by this quote when I was progressing from AFC to DJ.

Boono11

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Courage is being scared to death and sadling up anyways. -John Wayne

People often fear what they don't understand.

Every minute is another chance to turn it all around. -Vanilla Sky

An amature practices untill he can do it right. A professional practices untill he CAN'T do it wrong.

If you are afraid to do it, just pretend you can. Make it look like you are confident. Imagine in your mind that you can do it. Fake it untill you make it. The human mind works that way. If you make yourself think you can do it, eventually you can. -Everwood (This isn't the exact quote but i think it still gives a good message)

One of the most important things in life is showing up. I'm amazed at your ability to show up. -Hardball

Such a strange fate it is that we suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. -Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Even the smallest person can change the course of history. -Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

This next one is about finding love:
"I feel stronger and weaker at the same time, excited yet terrified, the thing is you don't know what you feel, all you know is what kind of man you want to be. -Spiderman

I have not failed, i have only found 265 ways that don't work.

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
"One thing to remember: always have a good time, all the time."
-Todd, lead singer of Toadies

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing's ever for certain, John. - A Beautiful Mind

"You once said that God must be a painter because of all the colors."
"I didn't think you were listening."
"I'm always listening"
-A Beautiful Mind
that one's good because girls like to talk. if you prove that you actually listen, you just scored yourself a few points.

If anyone of you runs away, I'll shoot you myself.
-Starship Troopers

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?
-X-Men

The hardest times are the times that you don't see in the photo albums. Those are the times that really keep you together, though.

Arctic_FoX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's another one of those quotes that make you want to jump up and go do something with your life. It's taken from one of my favourite TV shows, Babylon 5:

"So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what, I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible inbetween. But there is still time to seize that one last fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference"

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This needs to be seen, the most inspiration collection of quotes on this board.

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will give my heart to a woman one day - Dell SkyCat

Pookmode: Why don't YOU write a quote FROM YOU and not other xxxxxxx YOUxxxxx YOUxxxx what do youxxxx

pookmode off

no killer

Reaction score
"...I didn't get no anwers because I was asking the wrong questions, but out there is right question... Has anything you've done, made your life better?" - American History X, Sweeney to Derek.

kinjo

Don Juan
Reaction score
About regrets:

".....should over yourself!"
Anthony Robbins

Chief

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quotes....

First off....some very good ones you all are throwing up here. I keep a list of quotes in a text file and have added alot today. THANKS !! My personal favorite book of quotes right now is "Striking Thoughts" by Bruce Lee. I highly recommend it to everyone.

And some other favorites of mine...excluding Shakespeares "doubts are traitors..." I see it's been mentioned.

"In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;......" (Henry V, III:1) -William Shakespeare

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em." (Twelfth Night, II:5) -William Shakespeare

"Whoever originated the cliche that money is the root of all evil knew hardly anything about the nature of evil and very little about human beings" - Eric Hoffer

"A 'No' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."-Voltaire

"People with Fires in Their Bellies Tend to Make Their Own Luck."-Lee Iacocca

"Today is yesterday's Tomorrow" -unknown

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." -William Arthur Ward

"It is not the critic who counts,
not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,
or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena;
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;
who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;
who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions,
and spends himself in a worthy cause;
who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement;
and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,
so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls
who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Never give in -- never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion
is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt
in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "-Albert Einstein

"Knowing is half the battle..." _from G.I.Joe

"Just Do It!"

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t speak unless you can improve upon the silence – Spanish Proverb

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last – Irish
proverb

A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later.- General George S. Patton, Jr

When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet - Mae West

Few are those who can see with their own eyes and hear with their own hearts - Albert Einstein

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it – Aristotle

You have two ears and only one mouth for a reason - Buddhist Belief

Perhaps I know why it is man alone who laughs: He alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter - Friedrich Nietzsche

If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that – Goethe

Never let your sense of morals keep you from doing what is right - Isaac Asimov

Man will often act and live as though he were apart from his body, as if improving it from the outside - Karl Marx

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you
- Lao-Tzu

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't - Lyall Watson

Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker is sorry - Mark Twain

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live - Martin Luther King Jr.

Life is a disease, sexually transmitted and fatal - Neil Gaiman

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumber with your old nonsense - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not go where the path may lead instead go where there is no path and leave a trail - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The unexamined life is not worth living – Socrates

The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance - Fdr - First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933

Is it that they fear the pain of death or could it be they fear the joy of life? - Toad The Wet Sprocket - Pray Your Gods

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have - Frederick Koenig

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves - Victor Hugo

Those that go searching for love, only manifest their own lovelessness. And the loveless never find love, only the loving find love. And they never have to seek for it - D.H. Lawrence

My night has become a sunny dawn because of you - Inb Abbad

Whenever someone asks me to define love, I usually think for a minute, then I spin around and pin the guy's arm behind his back. NOW who's asking the questions? - Jack Handey

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing - Ninon De L'Enclos (1616-1706)

To be loved, be lovable – Ovid

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet – Plato

Love is the distance between reality and pain – Robyn Hitchcock

I stand on the edge of destruction emotionally ruined By the warmth I most desire I will not fall prey to love of a human kind for love is weakness; Love is the fall of every man - Shai Hulud

If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have - Sir James M. Barrie

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you're lonely remember it's true: somebody somewhere is thinking of you – Unknown

Love is eternal. The aspect of it may change, but the essence remains the same - Vincent Van Gogh

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and there for is wing'd cupid painted blind.
- Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act I, Scene I

Love is merely a maddness - William Shakespeare, In Literature/Shakespeare

Success and failure. We think of them as opposites, but they're really not. They're companions - the hero and the sidekick. ~Laurence Shames

“Of course it does. Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn’t nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand.” -Mustafa Mond, Brave New World

Mr. Mystery