Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quote from Kartrashian

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she actually a major celebrity? Or are you guys just hyper-attuned to this kind of stuff? I'm surprised by the passion here.

I'm just having one of those "I'm culturally illiterate" moments....:down:

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wait_out said:
Is she actually a major celebrity? Or are you guys just hyper-attuned to this kind of stuff? I'm surprised by the passion here.

I'm just having one of those "I'm culturally illiterate" moments....:down:
It doesnt matter if shes a nobel prize winner, a major celebrity or anything else special, the point is that she is on tv and right now being on tv makes people become an example for the countless mass of average people.

Right now it doesnt matter who you are or what you do, you automatically become an example for the average citizen for the simple fact of appearing on a screen.
Consider it as some kind of social proof to which masses are sensitive,so any cvnt there is actually making the difference in large groups of people.

What we are arguing about is not her value as individual but the conseguences of her behaviour on society right after they are approved ain mainstream media frame.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is our culture so obsessed with celebrity? Why do we place so much value on a bunch people standing in front of a camera?

Someone like Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton can commit mulitple felonies and never step foot in jail, while an average person doing the same would have been locked up for 10+ years. Rules are for little people.

A good looking man with a decent job will get rejected multiple times at a bar/club for whatever perceived or real fault about his game, personality, etc....but give him his own reality tv show and women will forgive every one of his flaws to have a piece of him.

It seems like average people, particularly feeble-minded women, just cannot live without their "Gods." Perhaps men of faith were on to something......without religion/spirituality, the majority of people left to their own devices simply replace the worship of God with the worship of man. I prefer the former, at least God represented morals and loving your fellow man.....something that is not surprisingly lacking among celebrities and their hordes of worshipers.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every chick HB 8+ I have dated for the last 6 years including my daughter's mother has been obsessed with reality tv stars, first Paris now Kim, even Lindsay in fvckup mode is hypnotic to them, the twilight ho as well,..the hotter the chick the more she is likely to be fascinated by the hollywood life.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kim did what she did because she can. There's plenty of incentive for her actions, they make sense to me.

The guy involved is the only person I see as having made an error in judgement. He thought he had enough status to hook her and it turns out he didn't.

Reality TV gives women exactly what they crave, endless drama. I don't think the media is influencing women, I believe it's quite the opposite. TV/movies have a targetted audience and they tailor everything with that in mind. That's why guys are depicted as morons or they're partnered with a woman (usually attractive) who doesn't act like women do in reality, they're usually behaving like men and their roles are meant to emphasize how disadvantaged men are without them.

It's all pretty typical now.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
There is a lot of merit to the "monkey see monkey do" statement, particularly when the subject is one that is ruled by emotions instead of logic.

or in this case "hamster see hamster do"

So the tabloids are on her side eh?

I'm hopeful the sponsors she screwed over in AUS, influence the others here and begin a downward trend to her 15 minutes.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tazman said:
Kim did what she did because she can. There's plenty of incentive for her actions, they make sense to me.

The guy involved is the only person I see as having made an error in judgement. He thought he had enough status to hook her and it turns out he didn't.

Reality TV gives women exactly what they crave, endless drama. I don't think the media is influencing women, I believe it's quite the opposite. TV/movies have a targetted audience and they tailor everything with that in mind. That's why guys are depicted as morons or they're partnered with a woman (usually attractive) who doesn't act like women do in reality, they're usually behaving like men and their roles are meant to emphasize how disadvantaged men are without them.

It's all pretty typical now.
The right thinkers disagree here, they do their best to censor any given GTA that comes out in the market saying that criminals do "criminal things" because they see them when they are young on videogames.
They cry as b1tches anytime on tv a homeowner kills a burglar insinde his own home or a cop kills the chief of the bad guys instead of arresting him.

So its not people who like violence to consume certain products but according to them certain products turn people into violent individuals.
Of course those right thinkers are fine with modern liberal media turning guys into wussies and girls into...well you know what, they call it progress....

Or maybe as usual women are better than men so they are uninfluenced from media, I mean right thinkers are right, arent they?!

About reality shows Im sure they did most of the damage to modern society, in order to win approval there it doesnt need anything but being dirty loudy and obnoxious, its more effective than an education tape for scumbags.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I agree that media targets an audience, but I honestly believe it is naive to state that said media does not influence women to act in the same manners.

We are glamourizing the "Sex and the City" lifestyle. These sort of shows not only target a segment of the population, they grow that same segment of the population.

There is a lot of merit to the "monkey see monkey do" statement, particularly when the subject is one that is ruled by emotions instead of logic.
Women, especially in the states have free reign to behave this way, that's why they do. There aren't any consequences to persuade them otherwise. The media didn't give them the free pass, they're simply cashing in on it.

How come behaviors generally considered "positive" (depending on your perspective) don't go viral and become the norm?

I think there's a lot more to it then any infuence the media could exert.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
The right thinkers disagree here, they do their best to censor any given GTA that comes out in the market saying that criminals do "criminal things" because they see them when they are young on videogames.
They cry as b1tches anytime on tv a homeowner kills a burglar insinde his own home or a cop kills the chief of the bad guys instead of arresting him.

So its not people who like violence to consume certain products but according to them certain products turn people into violent individuals.
Of course those right thinkers are fine with modern liberal media turning guys into wussies and girls into...well you know what, they call it progress....

Or maybe as usual women are better than men so they are uninfluenced from media, I mean right thinkers are right, arent they?!

About reality shows Im sure they did most of the damage to modern society, in order to win approval there it doesnt need anything but being dirty loudy and obnoxious, its more effective than an education tape for scumbags.
I think I get your general sentiment. Again, I ask why such television shows are so popular with women? I have a cousin (female 22 y/o) who behaves nothing like the people you see on these shows. Great attitude, she always has a job, no kids, no real drama around her or the people she hangs with, yet she always watches stuff like Jersey Shore, Kardashians, etc...

I have a younger sister who could be described in the same way, and she too watches the stuff. Women simply love this type of stuff, they need their drama fix, even if they have to make it themselves.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think men would be SHOCKED at how much most 'normal' or 'humble' girls they knew truly wanted a splashy lifestyle. In college most of my friends were musicians, and musician chicks as in; 'feminist', tatted up, black jeans, old school riot grrrrl fans, etc....even these ultra feminist chicks secretly watched the reality shows and read Cosmo I saw them myself...total paradox. And rest assured these chicks were looking to date the rich rockstar even though they might overtly spit on such a notion and date an unknown drummer....if Travis Barker walked by, all bets off.

All girls may not want to BE Kardashian but ALL women want to LIVE like her: attention, money etc, even if they don't overtly admit it.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
The media does not have to give a "free pass". They merely need to celebritize the behavior, which is the same as endorsement. This is the exact same thing as advertising.

•They see a celebrity with a Gucci bag and they must have it.
•They see women acting as men and they think women are the new men.
•They see men as feeble and incompetent and suddenly most men are feeble and incompetent.
•They see a "Sex in the City" actress sleep with half of Manhatten and still find her rich, hot Mr. Big to give her a grand wedding and happily ever after when she is at the ripe age of 35 and.........lo and behold the women around you start doing it too.

The mistake so many people make is not realizing that ALL of tv is advertising. Not just the paid ads.

Behaviors considered positive do go viral and become the norm. Do not forget that this very entire lifestyle IS considered positive by the media, and is sold as such. Much like it is considered positive for Men to marry the 30 something single mom and "do the right thing".
When I mentioned positive behaviors I was referring to what we as men considered positive, as in those who would participate in this type of discussion.

This is sort of a chicken/egg argument. There are definite influences that can shape a persons world view, but as far as this topic goes I don't think the media is necessarily the source.

There are laws and social norms that keep men in line, this was also true for women at one time. Of course many of our frustrations come from how much these things have changed to favor women. This wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for modern technology which provided "incentive" for businesses to hire women they could pay at a lower labor cost. This in combination with changes in government and legislature created the perfect storm for women (in a nutshell).

They're simply taking advantage of "opportunity". They can follow their emotions and mating preferrences to their hearts content, so they do.

I think this applies to all people. There are incentives and disincentives to behaving certain ways. You can't expect women to behave the way you'd like simply because it would be nice of them to do so, there has to be some real consequences involved to motivate them.

I don't believe the media is the cause of this. It perpetuates it because current conditions allow it, and women control a large portion of wealth. Women have been acting this way even before all the reality TV hype. It just wasn't on camera.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
Oh yeah. Every 9+ HB I know completely worships K. In fact its a direct relationship...the hotter they are the more the chick looks up to vapid celebrity...but these girls are no fools. They know their looks will get them a car, house and more if they find the right goodlooking AFC they can bat their lashes at. Its only the plain janes that actually need to have substance...a hot chick can be an axe murderer with blood on her hands and she could still get a date to drool over the cooch.

However, none of them see it coming until it's too late, that Wild E Coyotee moment when the attention slows to a crawl and finally stops. When that happens... HOLY HELL it's a train wreck. Out comes the leopard print outfits, obvious pawing/groping, and so on. All for just a mere morsel of attention like what they used to get every hour of ever day.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do know this was a publicity stunt to make money. Kim Kardashian is a media celebrity. Meaning the media is what made her a celebrity. Theres only so much she can do and have people still watch her and make her and E money. They decided to let Kim K get married and split the profits.

Look how much money they made off the wedding specials and the profits made from the television show because of the wedding. I knew it was fake because for one... Kim K likes black dudes....

Use your sences folk. Kim Kardashian = one of the biggest female hustlers in the game and I respect her hustle.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tazman said:
I think I get your general sentiment. Again, I ask why such television shows are so popular with women? I have a cousin (female 22 y/o) who behaves nothing like the people you see on these shows. Great attitude, she always has a job, no kids, no real drama around her or the people she hangs with, yet she always watches stuff like Jersey Shore, Kardashians, etc...

I have a younger sister who could be described in the same way, and she too watches the stuff. Women simply love this type of stuff, they need their drama fix, even if they have to make it themselves.
There are two possible explanation:

1)media influence people

2)people with a certain mindset seek that kind of media

Regarding your example it makes no point since we're talking about a mass of people and a single individual cannot prove or disprove any rule.

However I would like to explain myself better, I didnt mean only that media "transform" people what I mean is that media suggest and give approval to certain behavior that people would like to adopt but usually doesnt because they know they are wrong and shamed from society or punished by law.

Imagine if media pushed the notion that enjoyng hookers and getting rid of girls who dont give sex that same day would be acceptable and cool, not evetr man but many would start using hookers and once the general culture would change, the law would as well making prostitution legal.
Of course girls would be pissed off since they would be treated like objects (the other way around of what happening now where guys are seen as drivers or entarteiners or cash machines).

Its an example to explain myself not anything worth an offtopic, im trying to point out the conseguences in the bigger picture instead of see that as an other b1tch who behave as a cvnt.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
I didnt mean only that media "transform" people what I mean is that media suggest and give approval to certain behavior that people would like to adopt but usually doesnt because they know they are wrong and shamed from society or punished by law.

Imagine if media pushed the notion that enjoyng hookers and getting rid of girls who dont give sex that same day would be acceptable and cool, not evetr man but many would start using hookers and once the general culture would change, the law would as well making prostitution legal.
Of course girls would be pissed off since they would be treated like objects (the other way around of what happening now where guys are seen as drivers or entarteiners or cash machines).
this is a VERY important point..It would be high time that men were allowed free license to be men in media at least on a 50/50 programming level...trouble is it will never happen. Not through the hollywood powerbrokers as they exist today...80% gay and that figure may be low. Why do you think so much left field programming exists today? ...Ellen, Oprah, Tom Cruise, Colin Ferrel, Vin Diesel, Will and Grace, Reality television, Queer Eye, I mean Glee for fvck sake. Rosie O'Donnel?! Is there anybody on this EARTH that would want to see Rosie except a butch dyke in a power position??? :)

Kim Kardashian is a concept only a nihilistic gay man would ever elevate to a cultural norm.

think about it.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kim K. is every bit as hot as Jlo or any of the others, and all of you crybabies know it as well as I do. There aint a damned one of you would turn her down if she made a personal pass at you.

Onlyliveonce

Don Juan
Reaction score
metoo said:
Kim K. is every bit as hot as Jlo or any of the others, and all of you crybabies know it as well as I do. There aint a damned one of you would turn her down if she made a personal pass at you.
I've seen both these women up close for extended periods. Jlo is ten times the woman. Kim is short and has a fat ass, not nice, cottage cheese fat. Jlo's ass is a lot rounder and proportionate.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I did some reflection on this topic and I do believe at some level that the media is the source of a lot of this.

Basically, the shows that are entertainment for the 30-40 something woman, is at the same time training and indoctrination for the early teen girls.
agreed

It is absolutely essential to have as toothless and docile a population as possible so that the status quo remains.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metoo said:
Yeah, no. Kim Kardashian is a short little chubster. All she has going for her is money, DSLs, and great fashion & makeup skills (likely because of the money). Look at her fugly sisters for a more realistic gauge of her natural genetic stock. See also:

http://i.imgur.com/Msrqz.png

From http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mp19a/kim_kardashian_without_any_makeup/

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jlo has been at it longer, knows that she can no longer count on her youth to do it all for her. She may well be smarter, too, dunno either one of them, naturally. I personally have seen lovlier women. As a man of age 23, I met a Korean gal here in the US, and she was so amazingly beautiful that my knees knocked at just the sight of her, I kid you not, and my feet were pretty damned far apart, too. Her older sister thought it was funny as hell. :) She was 21, a virgin, spoke almost no English and had a pair of brothers who knew EXACTLY what they had in her and were going to see to it that she got the very best possible guy. Wasn't me, by the way. :)