Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quitting smoking...please help!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...

My dad's been doing it for 20 years (decided to quit last year)
My best friend's addicted like shiet, so is my cousin, who is really close to me.
My grandma did it for 50 years before she died of cancer.

My whole family does it, so I tried it too. Very sporadically though. No more than 15 times over a span of a year. But now, I feel like I need one for some reason. I feel hungry, but it's above the stomach, like inside the rib cage. Like I'm starving for some smoke.

I roll up paper and put it in my mouth because it comforts me. I am experiencing mood swings and minor weight loss.

Someone please help me.. I'm lost.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
Someone please help me.. I'm lost.
Your body is gonna hate you for a while, the only think you can do is hang on and fight it.

I'd recomend getting some toothepicks, its not gonna help the cravings, but it'll distract you.

Use all your will power and think of the greater good. Remember, this will pass eventually and you'll be a better person for it.

Good luck buddy.

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Vincent said, do stuff to distract yourself - chew on toothpicks, chew gum, etc. Other things that may help - tell all your friends and family that you're trying to keep from smoking, and ask them to yell at you if you try to light up. Treat yourself in some way at the end of every week you don't smoke (like going out and buying yourself some ice cream or whatever).
However you do it, good luck man. Quitting is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself and those around you.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always keep yourself busy, and find friends who don't smoke. It might seem a bit radical to say 'lose the people around you who smoke', but it's true. I smoked for 3 years, and only managed to quit when I realized that by hanging out with the same people who did the same things and smoked all the time, I wasn't helping myself any. After I ditched them, and hooked up with non-smoking friends, I was smoke-free within 2 months. It all comes down to willpower. Good luck.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandfather's father smoked everyday of his life. He drank and smoked until he was constantly coughing up blood. Later in life, he actually had to have his nose cut off (I guess because of the cancer, I can't really remember why now). Anyways, because of that image of my great grandfather with no nose on his face, I never started smoking.

However, I did have a big problem with alcohol once and self-hypnosis was a huge help in kicking the habit. I also credit hypnosis for getting me over my former social phobias as well. Give it a try sometime.:cool: