Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

quickest way to become A REAL MAN - join the military??

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it sounds extreme but I'm seriously considering joining the military or similar to help me become the best person I can be.

I basically want to become disciplined, non approval seeking, confident etc. and I've noticed ex military people naturally exemplify this.

my main question is, are there any other viable options to becoming a real alpha male quickly other than joining the military? If so, please share them with me.

:rock:

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the military is not a place for alphas imo. it will dull your game with women

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah. Get a job. Raise a family. Buy some property. Contribute to your community.

That's pretty much all you need to be a REAL man. The rest is really just window dressing. You will understand that when you're older.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphas know what they want and they live by there own beliefs and standards. In the military you are forced to live by there standards, you have people yelling at you, your deprived of food and sleep, intense physical stress, being lectured and having to take orders from some guy.

I know a friend I worked with joined the ranger sniper division, even though the money is ok he wishes he didn't join the army and just stayed where he was.

Blusher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have coached two guys that spent years in the military (one 3 years in IDF, another one had just returned from a tour of duty in Afganhistan). They both had massive approach anxiety...

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can achieve similar results learning some martial art,wrestling is a good one.
You learn how to focus,tolerate stress and face controlled dangers while following a discipline that will benefit your body.

And keep in mind that the military world is probably too man friendly,when you come back to the normal society you will be pissed off from all the social conventions you have to keep in mind like smiling to kids no matter how much they annoy you or be polite and pretend you give a damn about other people feelings.

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys

you're all right.

I'll give it a miss and focus on martial arts or something similar

Bruce Lee >>>>> Chuck Norris

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's this obsession with being a tough guy? Why do you need to learn how to fight to be a "REAL man?" Unless you have life business taken care of I don't think that matters much. And fighting is a very small part of life, non-existant if you are street smart enough to avoid it.

Confidence and discipline come with success. It should come naturally as you achieive in life...

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a a big misconception.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stayfly said:
thanks for the replies guys

you're all right.

I'll give it a miss and focus on martial arts or something similar

Bruce Lee >>>>> Chuck Norris
Wake up!!

Sensei John Kreese >>>>>Bruce Lee + Chuck Norris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8lUt0Ile00
REMEMBER: Cobra Kai - NEVER DIES! Bruce Lee forgot that and is no longer among us.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOOL!
Even Mr. Myagi can kick John Kreese's ass.

And Bruce is dead because he once won a STAGED fight with Chuck Norris. ;)

Get your facts straight, dudes!

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
What's this obsession with being a tough guy? Why do you need to learn how to fight to be a "REAL man?" Unless you have life business taken care of I don't think that matters much. And fighting is a very small part of life, non-existant if you are street smart enough to avoid it.

Confidence and discipline come with success. It should come naturally as you achieive in life...
Fighting is to man what get the attention of a man is to women,it's a way to confirm yourself your value.
I don't even need to talk about the part where you can face possible danger or the fact that being able to fight usually discourage possible aggressors thus leaving you in pace.

Also doing a serious martial art forge your chracter and help you grow a pair,no junk food for months teach you discipline,bloody trainings teach you to resist to stress and pain and facing welltrained opponent no matter the outcome teach you how to deal with fear and emotions.

And what's a man if not an individual with selfcontrol able to control his emotions even in stressful situations?
Of course status and social position are important but it needs a solid base to keep them,same for get/keep a woman.

Blusher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:

Absolutely right.

The association between fighting = being a real man needs to be challenged. Is that what defines us as men? Violence, aggression, brute physical force...

Was Gandhi or the dalai Lama less of a man than chuck Norris? :)

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
Fighting is to man what get the attention of a man is to women,it's a way to confirm yourself your value.
I don't even need to talk about the part where you can face possible danger or the fact that being able to fight usually discourage possible aggressors thus leaving you in pace.

Also doing a serious martial art forge your chracter and help you grow a pair,no junk food for months teach you discipline,bloody trainings teach you to resist to stress and pain and facing welltrained opponent no matter the outcome teach you how to deal with fear and emotions.

And what's a man if not an individual with selfcontrol able to control his emotions even in stressful situations?
Of course status and social position are important but it needs a solid base to keep them,same for get/keep a woman.
agree 1000%

Noodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
As an ex-military man, I can say it was the making of me.

However...it wasn't necessarily the military. It's was learning to work in a team. It was pushing myself further than I wanted to go. Again and again. It was about not giving up, because that was the only real failure. It was about trusting my ability to deal with any situation because I can look back and know I haven't got proof of doing that.

It doesn't have to be the military though. It's about putting yourself in a difficult situation and succeeding. If you stay in your comfort zone you'll stay lazy.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, the military is for someone who is a man already. Those people that gets screwed over are usually those that don't know what they want and what the hell they are doing. I still don't think there is much of a connection between being in the military and getting girls. I'll put it to you this way, if you were bad at getting girls before the service you will still be bad once you get out. The military simply does not deal with that kind of stuff, it's unrelated.

Oh and for those saying the military is not for alphas, I would say it depends (ahem! Officers!) and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Don Juan an admiral or something?

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
stayfly said:
it sounds extreme but I'm seriously considering joining the military or similar to help me become the best person I can be.

I basically want to become disciplined, non approval seeking, confident etc. and I've noticed ex military people naturally exemplify this.

my main question is, are there any other viable options to becoming a real alpha male quickly other than joining the military? If so, please share them with me.

:rock:
Hell yeah I was in military in 07 I'm going back this year or early next year. I need 12 college creds to get in I only have 3 once I got that I'm gone. I had a **** load of friends in the army. For future reference How old are you I'm 25.Still haven't learned to man up. They also build aggressiveness in men and confidence that you can do something. Once I go hopefully they'll ship me to Afghanistan an I'm done with the u.s specifically south bend indiana