Quick Alpha Male test

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of people question what is an alpha male and if they are one. Here's a quick test to see if you are socially an alpha male. Ask yourself "Am I hanging out with people, or are people hanging out with me". It's that simple. Are you a tag along or are you the guy that makes the plans and coordinates everybody. When you get to the club, are you the one who goes and talks to the bouncer or are you waiting in the back for your friend to get you in. Are you asking your friends what are we doing tonight or are you calling people and telling them what we are doing tonight. When you take a girl on a date do you ask her what she wants to do or do you let her know you have an awesome night planned out.

Like Mystery says, if you are not the alpha male of your group, you are not getting laid, at least not by the most desirable girls. So let me reiterate... "Am I hanging out with people, or are people hanging out with me". The answer to this question will tell you alot about yourself.......

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BuckwildNYC said:
Alot of people question what is an alpha male and if they are one. Here's a quick test to see if you are socially an alpha male. Ask yourself "Am I hanging out with people, or are people hanging out with me". It's that simple. Are you a tag along or are you the guy that makes the plans and coordinates everybody. When you get to the club, are you the one who goes and talks to the bouncer or are you waiting in the back for your friend to get you in. Are you asking your friends what are we doing tonight or are you calling people and telling them what we are doing tonight. When you take a girl on a date do you ask her what she wants to do or do you let her know you have an awesome night planned out.

Like Mystery says, if you are not the alpha male of your group, you are not getting laid, at least not by the most desirable girls. So let me reiterate... "Am I hanging out with people, or are people hanging out with me". The answer to this question will tell you alot about yourself.......
I think you are very misinformed of what it takes to be a leader (or alpha male if you will.) From what I read here, you believe there is something wrong with asking others what they plan to do and asking if you can come along. Someone who isn't much of a leader may appear to be "alpha" just because he's forcing people to go along with what he says or he's the one coordinating everything. Hugh Hefner of Playboy didn't get to where he is by telling people what to do and how it was going to be, he did it through listening to others and asking for assistance.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An Alpha at some point does call the shots though. He may ask for feedback but the final decision is his .. (i.e. OK ..this is what we're going to do).

The male with the most testosterone and who has no reserves about being nice or accomodating because of his upbringing will often take charge.

Hugh Hefner - Alpha? Pfftt...lol. He just has alot of money by exploiting women. It's men who bought all his stuff that made him rich. Nothing noble there.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Hitman, but are you asking yourself my question? When you are hanging out, are you along for the ride or are you leading the pack. It's very obvious in groups of friends who is the leader. Are you that guy?

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends because there are a lot of variables to this. It depends who your hanging out with. Am I an alpha if i'm playing football (american) with my afc friends and am just expected to play quarter back and make all the plays and decisions and just be awesome while I can play with pumped motherfu*kers and be sidelined or just have no role to the game? How could you classify that? I guess theres different degrees of "alpha", but all i'm saying is that its impossible to put a perment label of alpha on a guy because theres always gonna be someone whos more of it and your not always gonna be with the same group.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good post, if you say "alpha" meaning the leader of a group, not someone who's necessarily able to lead everywhere he goes.
Even losers' cliques have leaders and they are perceived as alphas by the other members of the clique, but if you ask a jock "is xyz a alpha male?", he will spit to your eyes and laugh out loud.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An Alpha male would have taken out North Korea's launch pad days ago.