Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question.

Noobie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just have a question that I need answered because these situations constantly happen in my life

As an Alpha Male, when someone makes fun of one of you/your friends or steps over the line or challenges your authority, when you are in a social setting with your friends do you....

a) Explain your reasoning, in turn the other person will argue and it will become an argument (Since the other person doesn't want to "lose" and seem weak to the friends around)

b) Submit because you don't want to get into an argument (in turn you will be wrong in the eyes of everyone around and seem weak)

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious which is the wrong answer.
But for a real Alpha Male, the right answer would be that you are actually "Too Alpha" to really care all that much. You don't consider this person a threat to your authority as that would show insecurity. I would go against them but keep calm and cool. Even if they are blowing their head off arguing with you, you don't care, and you just calmly assert yourself and pschologically and emotionally you will win the argument because you are the least effected by the outcome.

Single_Sucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just debate your point confidently but calmly

Never act submissive though, jesus, that should be obvious

Noobie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. Ok I just typed a whole page length worth of explanation, but I'll quickly rewrite it.

Firstly, I don't want your textbook answers about being confident and calm, or not caring so much, this is obvious. Given a situation, you would be stumbled as I was.

Assume you are with a buddy and a female you want to get with. He then goes on to talk about how you failed with that girl the other time. This is what would happen if you follow Single_Sucks or CaptainJ's advice to stay calm

You: It's cool, I had fun anyways and it was all jokes
Him: Yeah, but remember how you tried to kiss her and how she moved away and had that look on her face?
You: Nah man, that didn't happen and don't sound like YOU'RE all pro about it, you got rejected last time too
Him: Yeah, but you got slapped
etc.etc. this argument ends up in both of the participants looking like an idiot

How you're supposed to do it is with humour/sarcasm...
Him: Remember that time you failed with that girl?
You: (wtf look) You're one to talk, you're middle name should be "fail with that girl"
Him: Ok buddy, last time we went clubbing, I clearly picked up more girls than you
You: Only because your numeric system goes up to 1, I picked up 1+1.. that's 2 :)

I know these aren't perfect lines, nor does this example happen often with friends, but assuming it's funny... all I'm trying to prove is whenever an argument occurs in a social setting, you want to win by using humour or being sarcastic OR step aside and talk about it if it's serious.

Being Calm + confident is what many people do. The answer was humour and I'm tired of people on the forums giving textbook answers like they're the sh*t. This is real life, faced with these kinds of situations, simply "staying cool" or being "confident+calm" wouldn't have given you the knowledge to come out as the better person out of the situation.