Question On Sexual Potency

BigDave

Don Juan
Reaction score
So we know that high temperatures on your nuts is bad for your sperm count. Does this mean that placing them in cold water etc for lower temperatures will increase your sperm count? and what if sperm count goes up? does this increase drive?

Batman407

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wanna put your berries in a bowl of cold water then by all means knock yourself out.

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im gonna have to disagree with your scientific analysis. what you said is the same as saying that drinking milk on a hot day makes it curdle in your stomach...a totally erroneous assumption. your body maintains a constant state of homeostasis...that means that your body temperature is regulated to be as constant as possible. also, mammalian ananotomy has developed in a way that is most beneficial to us....since your crotch area is generally the warmest place on your body at any given time, if anything, the warmth acts as a sort of 'incubater" for the sperm to live and thrive.

High Voltage

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Real Deal On Sperm

Hey all,

- ideal development for sperm is a few degrees lower than body temperature

- the muscles of your scrotum will contract or relax depending upon external temperature, moving your testes closer or furthur away from your body in order to keep the testes at the correct constant temperature

- this means no worries for you under usual circumstances

- if you wear tight underwear your testes are held too close to your body and your sperm count will decrease due to high temperature related complications (the sperm will have trouble maturing)

- if you subject your testes to unusually cold temperatures (such as *prolonged* exposure to cold water) the same thing will happen

- it's not a matter of cold is better, but of maintaining the *correct* temperature

- sperm count has nothing to do with sex drive, that job is performed mostly by testosterone

- testosterone IS produced by the testes, so it *could* be possible for testes at the wrong temperature to function less than optimal and reduce testosterone production... but I've never heard of anything like that before (I'm quite certain, if you would like my explanation I'll provide it)

- I think testosterone production is less dependent on temperature than sperm maturation

- HV

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this topic is effectively moot. i mean, you have millions of sperm. all it takes is one to do the job. any loss will be inconsequential.

BigDave

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have heard that hot baths can reduce your sperm count. This is why i ask. Apparently if you want to remain sexually potent and not have any problems in later life, hot baths are not a good idea...

zajebisty_smok

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have enough sperm to impregnate the entire planet several times so what is a hundred million here and there and after all you only need one. I would more worry about them being active and resiliant more than about the numbers. A good diet rich in protein and free of junk tends to increase their potency.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you increase your testosterone levels? I reckon my sex drive has dropped a lot over the last couple of years.

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop wanking (masturbating if that gets sensored)

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
A way to raise your sperm count in the short term is to heat the testes to and then cool them.
This causes sperm count to spike.

As for sperm count being unimportant that is a myth, sperm count is extremly important, as the female reproductive system is designed so that only the males with the "fittest" reproductive system gain the prize (passing on their genes). a low sperm count makes it almost impossible for enough sperm to reach a point in the fallopian tubes to fertilise the egg (i was informed in a lecture that in a normal male maybe 10 sperm make it) so if your sperm count is one tenth normal = 1 sperm one one hundredth = 0.1 sperm and so on.
Cheers