Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

question on bulking not in sticky

pimp in training

Don Juan
Reaction score
can you maintain a set bf% while bulking (say 10%) or do you HAVE to put on some fat when your bulking?
i see bodybuilders running around with a big gut when they're not competing then they turn the bf down to 5%.....

BUT if i would like to keep my bf around say, 10% or so, would that be possible?

pimp in training

Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, i think i found my answers in searching....im guessing ill probably go up a FEW % but not alot...

but why do bodybuilders look so fat when they're bulking if you only will put on a few %, if any?

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my oh my you might lose that little six-pack you have!

Look if you want to get big then you will get some body fat!! If you aren't prepared to get a bit of body fat then forget it, because you have to eat big to get big.

There's a thing called cutting for a reason, so don't worry about it. If you eat clean then you shouldn't gain too much body fat, but don't stress over body fat % ok.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but why do bodybuilders look so fat when they're bulking if you only will put on a few %, if any?
Thats not true for all of them. Those who do gain mad bodyfat should check their diet again, I guess. But on the other hand maybe they have such a hard time gaining any muscle mass at all, that they're lucky if they put on 2 or 3 lbs of muscle even if it means putting on more than those 2 or 3 lbs in fat...(which they're gonna be able to cut down)

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimp in training
can you maintain a set bf% while bulking (say 10%) or do you HAVE to put on some fat when your bulking?
i see bodybuilders running around with a big gut when they're not competing then they turn the bf down to 5%.....

BUT if i would like to keep my bf around say, 10% or so, would that be possible?
While going thru a bulking cycle, you're going to add some bodyfat. That's just the reality period. While you're adding the calories during this time, make sure that you're taking in lean foods--like when youre cutting. Adding creatine to your bulking cycle helps also.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimp in training

You HAVE to put on some fat, but this doesn't mean your BF will rise catastrofically as you gain weight 10% is going to be more weight than when you were lighter.

Abdominator say you can keep your BF around 7-9% indefinatly.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When bodybuilders are in contest shape, they're carrying hardly any water, cycled off of creatine, and have hardly any bodyfat.

When bodybuilders are off season, they get a chance to eat what they want when they want just cause sticking to the same bland-ish diet is.. well... crap. Not only that but they're retaining water, using creatine, it soon makes you look blurry.

imo you need the extra bodyfat. I tried cutting down to about 5% bodyfat [that was tough] and I felt like crap compared to when I was at 10%

I probably gain slightly less fat than muscle. I have no problem with that. Considering people dont see your abs often, it doesnt matter.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're new to lifting you can actually put on mass & drop BF in the same period. Typically the fat comes w/ the muscle -- as you want to overeat to ensure you get maximum gains from your hard work in the gym. I've been a serious lifter for 5 years and have actually dropped body fat 2% while maintaining my weight, which means i'm also putting on some mass...it's a balancing act.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What frustrates me is that you gain fat when bulking and lose muscle when cutting, so for every two steps forward, you have to take one step backwards.

One question I have though...can you not get ripped while on creatine?