Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question for Penkitten about direct game....

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Penkitten, if you happen to read this....

I would like to know your thoughts on direct game vs indirect game.

As you're a woman, please share your thoughts on what you would think if a guy approached you directly and how you'd feel if you were approached indirectly.

I just want a female's perspective on this whole direct game thing. I'm trying to master direct opening and I want to know how I can do this best, without seeming desperate.

My opener is 'Hi...I know this is a bit random, but I think you're incredibly cute and I wanted to meet you'.

I'm sick of being indirect. Girls want to meet guys just as much as we want to meet them, so why not just lay it all out on the line about what your intentions are instead of beating round the bush.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh, come on man. Direct game is fine, but your line just sucks. All you'll do is make things awkward if you're so explicit about it. And we all know that compliments puff up the heads of girls even more than they do for men.

And the DJ Bible specifically says to avoid taking advice from women! You're playing a dangerous game here!

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to mention, doesn't penkitten counts as an exception? I thought she was well-estatlblished and respected, avoiding advice from women is explained many times for the fact women usually don't tell the advice the guy really need to hear.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
oh, come on man. Direct game is fine, but your line just sucks. All you'll do is make things awkward if you're so explicit about it. And we all know that compliments puff up the heads of girls even more than they do for men.

And the DJ Bible specifically says to avoid taking advice from women! You're playing a dangerous game here!
You're wrong. Direct game is damn efficient if done confidently and with the right body language, tone of voice etc. There is a whole board dedicated to direct game at www.directthegame.com - the people there are getting some brilliant results.

My line is fine and many PUAs round the world are using it (or something similar) and getting very good results.

If you think you'll 'make things awkward' then you will. Your reality is what you choose it to be. I personally know this line works fine and is to the point. Because this is my belief, this is my reality. It's not what you say, it's how you say it anyway.

And in most cases I agree that we shouldn't take advice from a woman, but Penkitten is a long-time member of this board and therefore has a completely different perspective than the 'average woman'.

B4IFURU18?

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with obsidians line. How is this bad? Girls love compliments, and you're not showering her with some cliche' comment.

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Direct game can work I've seen it work. Personally it's not my style but my friend uses it and works all the time even on the hottest chicks, actually especially on the hottest chicks. He goes up to them and just says I know you hear this all the time but I just wanted to tell you that you are very beautiful and I want to take you out some time, I usually don't do this. Believe it or not it actually works. I know most people will say it doesn't but I've witness it countless amounts of times. The chicks usually are really flattered and most actually say that a lot of guys don't hit on them or tell them that because they are afraid of them. I think it works well for him bc he is genuine and sincere about it. He doesn't seem like a player so I guess thats why it works.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
There is a problem with every one's response here. You aren't female!!

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitar_Whizz said:
Direct game is damn efficient if done confidently and with the right body language, tone of voice etc. There is a whole board dedicated to direct game at www.directthegame.com - the people there are getting some brilliant results.
Guitar_Whizz said:
My line is fine and many PUAs round the world are using it (or something similar) and getting very good results.
Guitar_Whizz said:
If you think you'll 'make things awkward' then you will. Your reality is what you choose it to be. I personally know this line works fine and is to the point. Because this is my belief, this is my reality. It's not what you say, it's how you say it anyway.
I'm not the female you were asking for, but it seems to me you've already made your decision, in great detail in fact. What purpose would the opinion of "one woman" serve versus the experience that "many guys" have had with women in general? Remember, we're the ones who are here to cut through the BS, not perpetuate it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i honestly think that it is all by chance.
let me explain...
it depends on the guy who is coming up to the gal, it depends on the gal that is being approached and it depends on what is going on at the time.

heck, if you really think about it, it can also depend on what day of the month it is and what the heck someone had for dinner, or how their work day went.

imagine a younger single me at a club in louisville with my bestest gf. here we are both raggin and had horrible work days and the concert is in the middle of the week. which means we came straight from work with no dinner and we are drinking water. two guys come up and say they are playing in this band and want us to go to some after party thing. before i could even process what was going on, my quick friend says "we'll let you know after we see the show." so a few minutes later there they are on stage... thanking their mommas in canada, and they were this brand new band, who rather sucked that night whose named started with nickel and ended with back. after they got off stage another brand new band came out, they were awesome. they called themselves disturbed. then seven dust came out to play.
needless to say, because the first band sucked a$$ that night, my friend and i never found them after the show.

the point to that story was i would have never have left with out of town strangers, however my friend would have left in a heartbeat if they had sounded like tool.

so anyhow, you have to be good at both direct and indirect, because sometimes you never know what circumstances you are facing or who you are meeting.

i am so stoked that i got to tell my nickelbag story hehehe!!

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply, Penkitten. I guess that 'sort of' answers my question(s). I know that even if you're the best PUA in the world, there will still be variables you can't control such as what you said about the sort of day the girl has had, the sort of mood she's in etc, so I guess it's not possible to have success every time. And I think that's it's therefore wise not to take 'rejection' personally - after all it could be her issue....

But I just wanted to know, as a female, what is your thought on direct game and the opener I use? How would you respond to that line?

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
I think she don't care what game you using. As long as she's hot for you.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitarwhizz, I'm a boy but anyway...

I use direct if its a 'throwaway' approach...like, you'll probably never see them again and you don't have much time to talk to them.

If its someone in my dormitory, one of my seminars etc, then I use regular game.

As long as you don't take rejection personally direct is more efficient imo.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitar_Whizz said:
But I just wanted to know, as a female, what is your thought on direct game and the opener I use? How would you respond to that line?
ok, i have had guys use that line on me before.
some of them, i was happy they came up and it flattered me that they said it.
others of them, i was like uh... because i either didn't like what i initially saw from them, or i was in a mood or they sounded like they were using a line.

sure it is a line, i mean, you hear it more than once, its a line right?
but you gotta say it like you mean it, you gotta say it to make the girl wanna meet you right back (make her interested ) and you can not make it sound like you read it off the bathroom wall on the walk over to her.

it isn't always going to work, but what do you have to loose?

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would probably date the guys from nickelback if it meant getting some of that money.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
I would probably date the guys from nickelback if it meant getting some of that money.
what if it meant no money?