Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question for DJs aged 35+

Chubbs Peterson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit, one of the things that is in the back of my mind is "How long can I keep this up?" As long as there is a steady supply of women that I'm attracted to (and vice-versa) then it's not really a problem. But I do think about the future.

I'm in my early 30's and am finding it much easier to pick up the girls that I've always wanted---girls in their mid-20's. I'm sure that all you older DJ's find these girls attractive too, but I wonder as you get older if you are more inclined to go out with girls in their 20s or girls in their 30's?

Basically, for me, girls have to be at least 24 years old. Anything younger than that is just TOO immature and I've found that I don't want to deal with them. And I ASSUME women who are in their early-mid 30's are increasingly desperate, hornier than they've ever been and easier to pick up, but do you find them nearly as attractive as their younger competition? Is my assumption wrong? Do your tastes change?

Basically, I'm not into 30+ year old girls, but will their attractiveness increase as I grow older?

armourofgod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chubbs,

I am in the same boat, I am coming on 33 years old, my blessing is that fact that I look 25 years, due to my good dieting plus frequent, yoga and gym.

I do prefer women in their mid twenties, at that age they tend to be more mature with their heads screwed on. Since I am not into the bar scene that much these women at that age have had enough of the bar scene and rather experience other aspects of life.

I think even well into my mid/late thirties I shall still be dating, the only difference is that I shall be dating a "different type" of woman, the older more mature type of woman.

I admit I wont beable to do this forever I guess I shall continue until my wrinkles and grey hair begin to show :)).

Furthermore I might meet that one girl oneday who I want to spend the rest of my life with, I dont really about this anymore, I have got past times, hobbies which are just as enjoyable.

Originally posted by Chubbs Peterson:
I have to admit, one of the things that is in the back of my mind is "How long can I keep this up?" As long as there is a steady supply of women that I'm attracted to (and vice-versa) then it's not really a problem. But I do think about the future.

I'm in my early 30's and am finding it much easier to pick up the girls that I've always wanted---girls in their mid-20's. I'm sure that all you older DJ's find these girls attractive too, but I wonder as you get older if you are more inclined to go out with girls in their 20s or girls in their 30's?

Basically, for me, girls have to be at least 24 years old. Anything younger than that is just TOO immature and I've found that I don't want to deal with them. And I ASSUME women who are in their early-mid 30's are increasingly desperate, hornier than they've ever been and easier to pick up, but do you find them nearly as attractive as their younger competition? Is my assumption wrong? Do your tastes change?

Basically, I'm not into 30+ year old girls, but will their attractiveness increase as I grow older?

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chubbs: And I ASSUME women who are in their early-mid 30's are increasingly desperate, hornier than they've ever been and easier to pick up, but do you find them nearly as attractive as their younger competition?
============

This old geezer is a sprite 45 and I hate to sound like I'm shallow or whatever, but I definitely prefer chicks between 23 and 36. Once they reach 36, I've noticed they have WRINKLES, fatter hips, poor dental hygiene and their overall body shape starting to look like a pear rather than the Kathy Smith aerobic figure that characterizes a young desirable chickadee.

I've always desired the 23 to 36 group of women and I'll still crave this type when I'm 64 or 84. It's ingrained in my mind I'm afraid.

Chicken-Hawk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you have much to worry about if you maintain your appearance and good attitude about life. I'm 37 and have put a lot of effort into maintaining these two aspects of myself - and it's paid off.

I once read that women mature in their late 20's and men mature in their late 30's. A lot of what's written in this thread makes a lot of sense when viewed in light of this.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted, so give me a minute or two to stretch out and look around. There. I feel better now...

OK, the age question. Of course, a nice tight hardbody always brings a smile to my face and a tingling sensation to my 'naughty bits', but I tend to think of them as recreation instead of someone I'd want to spend a lot of time with.

I set my standards high regardless of their age. If a woman is 35 and takes care of herself (or has exceptional genetics), then I can roll with that. A 24 year old can look awesome, she just doesn't have to work as hard to maintain it.

I agree that anything under the age of 24 lacks a basic maturity that I prefer.

Some women in their 30's ARE desperate, but you have to weed out their flakiness just like you would any other chick, no matter how old she is.

Basically, I look for a woman who is attractive (to me) and I don't want to eat a Glock after talking to her for 20 minutes.

Set a standard and stick with it.

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

Love is the self-delusion we manufacture to justify the trouble we take to have sex.
-Daniel S. Greenberg

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Take No Dirt:
I definitely prefer chicks between 23 and 36. Once they reach 36, I've noticed they have WRINKLES, fatter hips, poor dental hygiene and their overall body shape starting to look like a pear rather than the Kathy Smith aerobic figure that characterizes a young desirable chickadee.
What he said. Mid-20s is when chicks start growing out of the mental puppy fat stage, although a lot of them don't truly get there till 30. (And some of them don't ever get there). Before then they're kids in an adult body, and anyone over 30 is going to be daddy to them. Which I think is kind of creepy for an LTR, although if you want uncomplicated hot sex it's an interesting age to plunder.

30+ is where the looks start to go. 35+ is where the looks *definitely* start to go. And by that age, apart from their looks they're often married, divorced with kids, desperate, cynical, or all of the above.

I'd say late 20s is probably a woman's peak - still young enough not to have lost that youthful bloom and enthusiasm, but not a clueless shallow teen any more.

Don't forget that guys in their 40s, 50s and 60s still go for that age group too. Although unless they're rich or famous the chicks are unlikely to go for them back unless they really are looking for a daddy substitute.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chubbs,

I have to apologize that I really don't have a solution to your problem. I'm 31 and my preference is over 21. You are right, less than 25 might still be immature. I'm not going to challenge that.

It's true that they peak sexually around late 30's. A female coworker tells me how horny she gets...all the time. She tells stories like we are buddies in a locker room. She even told me that if she wasn't involved with someone right now, she'll do me. She says this sh*t to me and to my other male coworker all the time. Bottomline is I'm not interested in her ugly ass. (Of course, God gives us the ugly ones. And the hot ones, we always have to work hard to get 'em!)

To me, as soon as they hit 28, their looks decline--but of course, I'm just talking about their superficial features.

[This message has been edited by Aztec (edited 02-16-2002).]

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 44, and I still look at any woman 21 or older. Under 26, I usually am looking only for a one-night stand, as they aren't mature enough for an LTR. My preference is 30 to 35 year olds, as I look at least 10 years younger than I am. Most people guess me between 32 and 35.

Most women who are over 35 look older than me, and they don't seem to appreciate that. The ones under 30 tend to have a problem with the age difference, so that's where it's at for me. I find the gals in their early 30s to be more attractive than most of the women in their 20s, because they've learned how to make the most of what they have to work with.

Chubbs Peterson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ's around the world. Thanks for the replies. It kind of confirms what I thought.

On another related note...
So basically, the most in-demand females are in the 25-30 age range is my guess. Do they realize this? This is important information. How can we use this to our advantage?

[This message has been edited by Chubbs Peterson (edited 02-16-2002).]

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chubbs: So basically, the most in-demand females are in the 25-30 age range is my guess. Do they realize this? This is important information. How can we use this to our advantage?

==========================

Yes, Chubbs, 25 to 30 would seem to be a female's most attractive age span. If they're sizzling hot and have a superb personality, they're in great demand and dudes have plenty of competition from other males and they'll have to pay a premium to attract and keep them.

Those girls just reaching age 25 with a few lovers to their names are prime cut indeed. They can afford to be very choosy. They may continue to be in STRs deferring marriage for a few more years yet.

On the other hand, once a girl sees 30 looming ahead of them, they tend to think of entering into an LTR and having kids. (There's family pressure being applied to them that a girl has to get married before 30.) Guys know this and these women are ideal for an LTR. So, if a dude is thinking of marriage, girls who are 28 or 29 are good candidates.

Stroke Artist

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread, and something I've been thinking about for awhile, as I'm hitting my mid-30's as well. I think it goes without saying that most of us 30+ are going to be interested in the mid-20's chicks...they're the most attractive (usually), and I think pursuing them is kind of a way to reassure ourselves that we haven't "lost anything" from our 20's...trophy hunting if you will.

But I've been talking to some of these mid-20's chicks and the common thread seems to be that we already seem to have a strike against us because...we're over 30, and they know it!! They seem to be telling me that regardless of looks, lines, etc. when they see you, they immediately say to themselves "over 30" and put you into a different category. Mind you, they are not saying that it is impossible to get their attention...its just in a different way. The best way one girl put it to me was that we become "2nd tier" prospects.

And for those of you that think you look 10 years younger than you really are...don't kid yourselves. They see it, they know it, and they can't be fooled. A couple of years...yes!! 4-5 tops...10 years...get a grip!! Whoever told you that was just being nice to you.

Chubbs Peterson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stroke Artist:
This is an interesting thread, and something I've been thinking about for awhile, as I'm hitting my mid-30's as well. I think it goes without saying that most of us 30+ are going to be interested in the mid-20's chicks...they're the most attractive (usually), and I think pursuing them is kind of a way to reassure ourselves that we haven't "lost anything" from our 20's...trophy hunting if you will.

But I've been talking to some of these mid-20's chicks and the common thread seems to be that we already seem to have a strike against us because...we're over 30, and they know it!! They seem to be telling me that regardless of looks, lines, etc. when they see you, they immediately say to themselves "over 30" and put you into a different category. Mind you, they are not saying that it is impossible to get their attention...its just in a different way. The best way one girl put it to me was that we become "2nd tier" prospects.
Stroke Artist, I don't buy that.
Being in my early 30s is the BEST thing to happen to me as far as dating is concerned because all these ladies out there look at me as experienced.Plus, I'm more mature than the guys their age who they run all over. I've been waiting for this since I was 25, when all the girls I wanted were going out with older guys. My age, and therefore it's implied maturity (plus my DJ knowledge), makes me a challenge to them and thus more attractive. I've never felt 2nd Tier. At least not yet. That's also sort of why I started this thread...cause it's a fear in the back of my head.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by armourofgod:
Chubbs,

I am in the same boat, I am coming on 33 years old, my blessing is that fact that I look 25 years, due to my good dieting plus frequent, yoga and gym.

I do prefer women in their mid twenties, at that age they tend to be more mature with their heads screwed on. Since I am not into the bar scene that much these women at that age have had enough of the bar scene and rather experience other aspects of life.

I think even well into my mid/late thirties I shall still be dating, the only difference is that I shall be dating a "different type" of woman, the older more mature type of woman.

I admit I wont beable to do this forever I guess I shall continue until my wrinkles and grey hair begin to show :)).

Furthermore I might meet that one girl oneday who I want to spend the rest of my life with, I dont really about this anymore, I have got past times, hobbies which are just as enjoyable.

Guys, I am 36 and my last boyfriend was 24. Why are you guys talking like life ends after 35? Hell, I still attract men who are a full decade or more younger than I am without even trying. Some of us don't get older, we get BETTER!

Stroke Artist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chubbs,

Girls are different everywhere. I tend to think the girls here in So. Calif. are a little more superficial than in other parts of the country. I am part-owner in a club that employs quite a few HOT girls in their mid-20s, and in talking to these (and other) girls, that is what they had told me. I tend to believe them, in general. But as most things in life, this is not a hard and fast rule with each and every girl out there.

[This message has been edited by Stroke Artist (edited 02-16-2002).]

Chubbs Peterson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chubbs,

Girls are different everywhere. I tend to think the girls here in So. Calif. are a little more superficial than in other parts of the country. I am part-owner in a club that employs quite a few HOT girls in their mid-20s, and in talking to these (and other) girls, that is what they had told me. I tend to believe them, in general. But as most things in life, this is not a hard and fast rule with each and every girl out there.

[This message has been edited by Stroke Artist (edited 02-16-2002).]
Stroke Artist, I hear ya.

The game in S. California is a bit different I suppose. I should know, I'm originally from Santa Monica/LA. What I do know about that region is that, generally speaking, meeting people is hard because the city is so spread out and there's not much contact between people on the street...not like New York or San Francisco. At least in the LA area, it doesn't have the same kind of cosmopolitan social culture that NY and SF have. (I don't wanna hear any arguements about this. Socially speaking, SoCal DOES NOT COMPARE TO SF or NY. Trust me). The girls tend to be superficial because there isn't the same kind of everyday contact with people like there is in more densely populated cities, so like fish they gravitate towards the "shiny objects" cause they don't know any better. SO MY POINT IS, Yes, older men tend to get clustered into the desperate, "gotta get married" group by these women cause they don't really know any better. BUT As long as you don't act like the desperate, insecure, immature chumps that the SoCal region is so famous for, it seems that girls should be down with your program. I could be wrong, since I haven't been out there since I was in my mid-20's.

The other thing is: the girls you work with SAY that they put them in another category, but what does their past ACTIONS reveal?

Curious.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take care of yourself, and you'll keep attracting women. But how to finesse the "age issue" with a much younger gal who *is* attracted to you becomes more and more difficult as you get older. Some will bolt, especially if they mark you as a LTR prospect straight off. Most people have a *big hangup* about age.

---------------------------

Will older women be more attractive to you as you get older? Again, it depends upon the individual.

To quote Wildfyre: "I am 36 and my last boyfriend was 24. Why are you guys talking like life ends after 30. Hell, I still attract men who are a full decade or more younger than I am without even trying. Some of us don't get older, we get BETTER!
"

That's the attitude, Wildfyre! Good to see ya back here. You go, girl!

It seems that older women are getting more attractive to me as I get older... provided they keep *themselves* up.

One of the gals at my 20 year high school reunion looked so young and hot I thought she was someone else's younger girlfriend! She appeared to be in her mid 20s.

I don't care when a gal was born -- provided she's legal
-- but I do go for gals who are youthful & in good shape, be they 25 or 45.

-------------------------------------

"And for those of you that think you look 10 years younger than you really are...don't kid yourselves. They see it, they know it, and they can't be fooled. A couple of years...yes!! 4-5 tops...10 years...get a grip!! Whoever told you that was just being nice to you."

Really? I just recently went out with an 18-year old college gal who evidently really thought I was 25 or so. She wanted me to meet her mom at the end of the date
. I knew then that was it, and sure enough, she totally freaked upon finding my real age (41), and the relationship was history. I wasn't thinking in terms of a LTR, and was genuinely surprised that she was. The fact that her mindset was so geared to marriage, while age was such a deal-breaker for her *proves* she thought I was much, much younger than I am.

---------------------------

The proof of the pudding is in the eating thereof.

[This message has been edited by Bonhomme (edited 02-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Bonhomme (edited 02-18-2002).]

Wolf in sheep's clothing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

And for those of you that think you look 10 years younger than you really are...don't kid yourselves. They see it, they know it, and they can't be fooled. A couple of years...yes!! 4-5 tops...10 years...get a grip!! Whoever told you that was just being nice to you.
Some guys are luckier than others, but yes, 10 years is pushing it. I'm one of those luckier as I'm 35 but get "late 20's" 9 times out of 10.

As for the age preference, a lot of women I've met and gone out with for lunch and such, are shocked when I tell then my true age. It seems "mid 30's" means "more work" for us older newbie DJs when it comes to the mid 20's women.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wolf in sheep's clothing:
Some guys are luckier than others, but yes, 10 years is pushing it. I'm one of those luckier as I'm 35 but get "late 20's" 9 times out of 10.

As for the age preference, a lot of women I've met and gone out with for lunch and such, are shocked when I tell then my true age. It seems "mid 30's" means "more work" for us older newbie DJs when it comes to the mid 20's women.

I get the same thing. In person, I look MUCH younger than I am. I'm a year older than you and I still get carded if I go to a bar and even when I have picked up cigarettes for my mother. The last place I worked I had a 22 year old asking me out and hitting on me all the time. I don't know how different it is with men, but I actually have far more much younger guys coming on to me than men older than me. It doesn't make much sense because the only guys on here I have heard voice an interest in older women are the youngest ones here. If that's the case, then why am I most often pursued by the 24-29 year olds? I can't speak for all women, but for the last 8 years I haven't had any interest in men more than a couple of years older than me. Maybe that's why I'm attracting the young ones, because those are the ones I'm sending signals out to.

Wolf in sheep's clothing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My tastes have shifted these last couple of years. Go back 3 years and I was all for 'tits and arse' 20-something girls. Now I tend to be attracted on a woman-by-woman basis, maybe 25+, but more so 30+.

Knowing how the male psychi works, this should peak at 40ish women buy the time Im 40, then start heading back to 20ish 'tight and perky' girls by the time Im 50

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wolf in sheep's clothing:
My tastes have shifted these last couple of years. Go back 3 years and I was all for 'tits and arse' 20-something girls. Now I tend to be attracted on a woman-by-woman basis, maybe 25+, but more so 30+.

Knowing how the male psychi works, this should peak at 40ish women buy the time Im 40, then start heading back to 20ish 'tight and perky' girls by the time Im 50

lol...I've always looked very young compared to my age. In fact, when I was 18, my 24 year old boyfriend and I were fishing off a pier in Eastport, Maine on the 4th of July. This 11 or 12 year old boy was hanging around making small talk. All of a sudden he asked me to be his date to the dance that night. He added "Why don't you ask your father." It was rich!
Even now I look far younger than I really am, especially in person. I'm only 5 feet tall, have kept my face out of the sun and have long auburn hair just about to my butt. The fact that I'm vertically challenged contributes to the youthful look.

I don't have much in common with older men, either. I would rather get a root canal than listed to that Gawd Awful Country Cut-Up music. I listen to the same music my teenagers listen to, and can out-pogostick every kid within a 20 mile radius. Sure, I might get a couple of black eyes in the process, but it's all good.

I think age only becomes an issue when a person starts acting and looking old. As long as you take care of yourself and stay young at heart, you're good to go.