Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question about cardio

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think of cardio i think of aerobics, running, all that stuff. I am about gaining weight, all cardio seems to do is help lose fat, i dont want to lose any more weight but i do want to work out the heart...so what can i do?

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are dozens of long, detailed threads on this topic. Do an advanced search by replies and title. Posts by manuva, warboss alex, effort, throttle etc. It's all there.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, just look up High Intensity Interval Training.

Its a type of cardio where you only have to put in 16 minutes a day I think four days out of the week and you're good to go.

No long ass numbing hours on an exercise bike or marathon running races needed.

HIIT takes good conditioning to do though and for a guy in average shape it will probably take you a month or so to work up to doing the 16 minute cycle of it.

Basically it consists of doing moderate paced exercise for a minute and a half and then the next minute and a half or whatever you go as fast and hard as you can with the running or cycling and then basically repeat the cycle until you reach 16 minutes.

Check out the online sites about it for the exact correct instructions on how to do it properly.

I think they don't recommend more than a four minute cycle for a beginner.

Aka

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not necessary to do 1.5 min and then 1 min, there are several intervals you can do: 15 high, 45 low, 8 high, 12 low, and so on

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing some boxing incorporating HIIT is great, it's fun, raises heart rate quick, and you don't have to do it that often.

If you are about working out the heart and reducing weight lost, crank up the carbs before a cardio workout. This means it'll take longer for the body to burn up the glycogen as a fuel, which equals body taking longer to burn fat, protein etc... All the meanwhile you're still getting a fantastic workout for your heart.

:)