Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question about appearance

lonewolf17

Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is bluntly this...if I have a, say...6 face, an 8 body and 9 clothes, what does that make me?

In other words, does it 'average out' or do woman focus on one area more than the other? Or comparatively, how important is your face if you've gotta great body or vice versa?

Knowing this will perhapes give me a better idea of what I should flaunt or what I should try to improve the most.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well dude. You're thinking like a woman now. Think of the Marines. There are some butt-ugly guys who enter the Marines but they come out all fine and solid as a rock. Toughen yourself up, and any manner of clothes, characteristics will suit you. Your presence must resonate through your clothes, not out of pride or makeup, but out of a sense of accomplishment - you know who you are, what you've done, what you've seen, the difficulties and pressure you've had to fight through, and who you've become behind the skin behind the fingers behind the legs behind the thumbs behind the nose behind the mouth behind the eyes. Your pressing forward without stopping is YOU, the best you, and it shows to the women AND men everywhere you go.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lonewolf17 said:
My question is bluntly this...if I have a, say...6 face, an 8 body and 9 clothes, what does that make me?

In other words, does it 'average out' or do woman focus on one area more than the other? Or comparatively, how important is your face if you've gotta great body or vice versa?

Knowing this will perhapes give me a better idea of what I should flaunt or what I should try to improve the most.
The way I look at it is this... You can't change your face unles you get plastic surgery. You can take care of your skin and your hair... Good hair and great skin are something women notice!

Body, definitely work on it all the time regardless of how it is right now. There's always room for improvement there (I'm going to take my own advice again and renew my gym membership tomorrow).

Clothes... Everyone has their own personal preference. I care more about appearance over comfort. If the shoes look good, but they feel terrible on my feet, I still wear them because I feel good in them knowing they look nice. Other people are the complete opposite.

Confidence is key! Oh, and Poonani Maker had some awesome advice in his post!

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
Your presence must resonate through your clothes, not out of pride or makeup, but out of a sense of accomplishment...

Great point!!!

Your clothes must be a reflection of self....unfortunately I don't know what clothes are best for me so I'm not there yet lol.

Envy

Don Juan
Reaction score
one IMPORTANT IMPORTANT tip you should never forget, women love details of a man, always before you got out, check nails, ears, smells, (arm pits etc) make sure hair is kept neat, for me i really thought that the only way i could get girls was a good clean cut. but i'm experimenting growing my hair out ^_~ and its working... so haircuts only if you want its your style, but make sure your hair is clean and smelling good. lol.

and shave some of those new growing hairs that some teenage guys think are awesome cause they hit puberty lol. i know lots of girls that laugh at guys who have those single black hairs growing at their chins lol. if your already growing lots at the same time and you enjoy having side burns / facial hair with a style go for it. :D

and always dress the way you feel, and how you want others to look at you.. i dress always with long sleeve shirts and nice jeans or black pants.. i look classy but modern. and its a great look for me in a crowd it makes me unique from all the other wannabe gangsters :b

lonewolf17

Don Juan
Reaction score
Envy said:
one IMPORTANT IMPORTANT tip you should never forget, women love details of a man, always before you got out, check nails, ears, smells, (arm pits etc) make sure hair is kept neat, for me i really thought that the only way i could get girls was a good clean cut. but i'm experimenting growing my hair out ^_~ and its working... so haircuts only if you want its your style, but make sure your hair is clean and smelling good. lol.

and shave some of those new growing hairs that some teenage guys think are awesome cause they hit puberty lol. i know lots of girls that laugh at guys who have those single black hairs growing at their chins lol. if your already growing lots at the same time and you enjoy having side burns / facial hair with a style go for it. :D

and always dress the way you feel, and how you want others to look at you.. i dress always with long sleeve shirts and nice jeans or black pants.. i look classy but modern. and its a great look for me in a crowd it makes me unique from all the other wannabe gangsters :b
Yeah no don't worry i keep my face well shaven i know girls don't like the whole puberty chin beard things. For dress I have a good combonation; I can either look sleek and modern or I can go for a bit more of a fun look; but it's always thought out and reflects how I want to present myself on any given day. And I always get compliments.

My problem is perhapes my hair...I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I have sort of...unruly "Bob Dylan" hair. Now I don't look like Bob Dylan, but if I let it go I would definatly have his hair. But even still it's hard to manage it...It's not long, maybe 2 inchs? I tried to go much longer before and it was a disaster. And when I go really short it leaves me nothing to work with. Any suggestions for hair?

Envy

Don Juan
Reaction score
of course i have a suggestion haha :D

i went to google and researched prices in my area.. for stylists :D and i went to a stylist and asked what i would look hotter in.. lol he was gay but awesome hair stylist.. it was like 40 bucks... and gave a great look.

also look online for male models.. and hairstyles they use.. and celebrities.

and if you wanna keep it short do what i do to make it look sexy but still stylish.

http://www.ftmguide.org/images/fade.gif

its called a fade lol most people look good in it.. of course i don't know what you look like. i keep it short on the sides and a bit longer uptop and i just either comb it straight forward with a bit of gel.. or mousse it up

http://www.kjbeckett.com/mensfashio...d-beckham-hairstyle-short-spikey-6-701146.jpg

like that but not the back lol he looks kinda weird.. i look better in it :D

it looks very sexy and stylish ^_~

MayHeM ThEoRy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Envy said:
of course i have a suggestion haha :D

i went to google and researched prices in my area.. for stylists :D and i went to a stylist and asked what i would look hotter in.. lol he was gay but awesome hair stylist.. it was like 40 bucks... and gave a great look.

also look online for male models.. and hairstyles they use.. and celebrities.

and if you wanna keep it short do what i do to make it look sexy but still stylish.

http://www.ftmguide.org/images/fade.gif

its called a fade lol most people look good in it.. of course i don't know what you look like. i keep it short on the sides and a bit longer uptop and i just either comb it straight forward with a bit of gel.. or mousse it up

http://www.kjbeckett.com/mensfashio...d-beckham-hairstyle-short-spikey-6-701146.jpg

like that but not the back lol he looks kinda weird.. i look better in it :D

it looks very sexy and stylish ^_~

I used to get those, its a nice hairstyle but most barbers **** it up and it looks bad, make sure you go to a decent place to get fades, I'm not saying Toni and Guy where they charge you like 70 bucks, but some place that doesn't just say "Barber" with one of the letters missing and graffiti on the walls... lol

Envy, I like to keep my hair long, any good styles you suggest?

Envy

Don Juan
Reaction score
sure bro i used to have long hair.. theres different styles i used to wear my hair

it really depends on how long your hair is really... mine came to about my eyes. hairstyles really depend on how its growing (curly) (straight) etc etc but here are some of my old hairstyles i used

i honestly think that hair is one of the most important things an a essentially needed to complete the look you may want.

this is my crazy ass look, i loved this hairstyle but took waaaay too long to get it ready lmao unless you have strong tough hair.. my hair was way too silky. great style though makes you look cute, young, most people hate it and call it the mullet of 2007 but i used it before and loved it

guy on the right
http://hubpages.com/u/72303_f520.jpg

this is the original straight down hair, which i like.. just add some mousse / gell or hairspray
http://www.alohahairspa.com/googlehairstyle3.jpg
http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery/images/men_hairstyles_01.jpg

and i had this hair before lol before i cut it shorter its very sexy for lots of women... least the ones that i've talked to before. he has long hair and in the back cuts it short so it doesn't look like rat tails, and also cuts the sides.. this is a great example of how different cuts on the side back makes a great haircut, just try to picture how the sides cut more than the top might look. or the back and sides.. etc lol i like this more for older guys or those guys who are more serious and want just a simple hair cut/ hairstyle.
http://snow.prohosting.com/~batgrrl/banderas.jpg

i like this look really, it shows kinda of a "I'm cute and sexy" but still showing your young and creative side.
or you can go with the japanese look
http://www.mangarevolution.com/_jpg...-How_To_Draw_Men_Or_Bishounen-7~1-370x414.jpg
http://home.rasysa.com/cherbourg/style/image/15610_11.jpg

all these of course are just tips i'm not a professional hair stylist lol, i just ask a lot of questions and researched what hairstyles fit me. i'm getting a haircut soon and will post the pic :D

Envy

Don Juan
Reaction score
well of course you know who Jamie Foxx is, he has a haircut called the close shave. i actually met the guy and shook hands he's very chill,

anyway its just the only haircut i've seen that looks good on almost everyone. that cuts it that way, but yet again i'm not so common with black hairstyles :) i have a few good buddies that do the Jamie Foxx close shave, and even though they have big heads haha (they make fun of me for having a small head) they look great in it very clean

and here it is

http://www.newchatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/jamie-foxx-1.jpg

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To women (or to me, at least), a guy's face and his body are of equal importance. I spend more time looking at a guy's face, but all the same his attractiveness would decrease if he had an overweight/underdeveloped body. Similarly, a guy with a good body but a hideous face loses some appeal.

In my opinion, it's better to have a decent face and a decent body, but when it comes down to it, both are components to the final package (and judgment).

You can improve your body by losing weight/bulking up/toning your arms/etc. Watch what you eat. And always, always wear clothes that fit. This is especially important if you're slender or on the shorter side. Sagged jeans and oversized shirts are not attractive.

You're more or less stuck with the face you're born with, but you can make improvements to a degree. Teeth whitening strips are beneficial. Having good, clear skin and a good haircut can greatly improve a guy's appearance. Next time you get a haircut, ask the barber what kind of hairstyles would look good with your face shape and facial features.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wear what you think makes you look good. Remember, women don't judge on looks like us men do. It's mainly what you do and how you act!

RockstarCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about any of these. Personality is what matters. But the next thing down from that would probably be your body. After all, women love the sense of security that comes with a well built guy. Hit the gym and try different "diets", although if you want to stick with one, call it a life-style change. If you're already doing both, keep it up. I just recently started working out and "dieting" because I want to look my best and feel my best.

Good luck to ya