Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quagmire911 Lifting Journal

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

Didn't feel great going in, drank too much again on Saturday. Who knows what happened, but it went well. Here it is:

Bench 60x5 70x5 82.5kgx12- Good, had a few more if I had had a spotter.

Squats 85x5 100x5 115kgx14 (253lbs) PR- No clue what happened here. After 4-5 it was hard. Got to 11, and had to go for 14. No spotter or rack either and the last one was a grinder, legs shaking and everything. Pretty ace though. My fitness is definitely up.

Skullcrushers 30x10 45kgx5 PR 40x8- Good.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 310kgx6 (682lbs) PR- Ace.

And that was all. I was pretty wiped after this. No idea where the PR's came from, but I'm not complaining.

I'll hit the burpees hard the rest of the week, the fat is coming off nicely. Nearly there. Another 3lbs and another inch of the waist should make a big difference.

Until next time...

Quagmire

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday

Still hadn't fully recovered by yesterday afternoon, probably the weekend drinking was the cause. I decided to come off the diet around dinner last night and pile in the food. Ate a fair amount and took 50,000 iu vitamin d, among other things. Woke up this morning feeling topnotch.

Pretty good session, but nothing to really shout about. Here it is:

Oh press 70kgx1 82.5kgx0 (182lbs)- Got this to around eye/forehead level. It would have been a PR. I'll get it soon.
60x3 60x5

Deads 130x3 150x3 170kgx5 (374lbs)- Pretty happy with this. I think this is the most I have done with this weight, but I did 172.5x6 about a month ago on a stellar day, so no outright PR. Next week I have the option of 180/182.5, I think I'll take 182.5 (400+). I expect to finally rep it. I got a 2nd rep to the knees last year. I'd like to do a triple next week. We'll see.

Kroc rows 48kgDBx22 (106lbs) PR- Good stuff. Thick bar, rest-paused.

Hip machines stackx2x15

And that was all. Pretty pleased with how things are going. Once I can start eating a bit more again things should go well. The diet has been kind of side tracked the last week or two because of this damn cold. Not so much the diet, but more the cardio. I did a half hearted HIIT session last Friday and decided not to do anymore this week so as not to make things worse. Last nights remedy seems to have done the trick though, and I feel fine pwo, so I should be back on track as of today. So probably HIIT tommorow, and maybe Saturday as well.

After last night's feast, I weighed 174.4lbs this morning. That's +2.6lbs on last week. If I did a full day or two I'd excpect another 1.5-3lbs on top of that. Seem's about right. Waist was 33.5". So hopefully I'm now set and can hammer things for the last 3 weeks this month and get most of the way there.

That's all for this week, until next time...

Quagmire

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good progress man... Great Kroc row!

Good luck on your next heavy pull attempt. Just try and rest for 3-4 days before hand to let your lower back and posterior chain be 100%! Good luck!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

Pretty good day. Here it is:

Bench 60x3 75x3 87.5kgx10 (193lbs)- Good stuff. No spotter, probably had a few more if I did. Around my best.

Squats 90x3 105x3 120kgx12 (264lbs) PR- Pretty happy with this. Was aiming for 10, which was my PR, but felt good enough to go for 12. Felt heavy from the outset again, but kept pushing them out. Fitness is definitely way up. It was probably holding me back a few months ago from getting these extra reps.

Skullcrushers 30x10 40kg 2x10 PR?- This might be a PR. Don't know if I have done two sets of 10 before. I did do one set of 10 a few weeks ago.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 300x1 320kgx6 (704lbs) PR - Really pleased with this. It's great seeing all those plates on there. Need to aim for 1000lbs! I reckon I'm probably around 800lbs for a rep.

And that was all. I was pretty wiped after this. The squat in particular took a lot out of me.

Not much else to report. Did HIIT yesterday, more tommorow and possibly on Wednesday as well. As I mentioned, fitness is way up. All I am really doing is 100 burpees or so over a 20 minute period right now. Not killing myself, but working hard on the sets which are usually 15.

Until next time...

Quagmire

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Skullcrushers 30x10 40kg 2x10 PR?- This might be a PR. Don't know if I have done two sets of 10 before. I did do one set of 10 a few weeks ago.
Commend you, we're around the same strength levels...you're squatting might be a bit better than mine. (just just di a 295X1 high bar squat, which was after doing heavy leg extensions and hack squats with 3pps for 6 or so deep reps)

On those skull crushers I hope you're not bringing the bar to your forehead...it places much unnecessary strain on your elbows like this and over the long haul it isn't the best....

I wear neoprene elbow sleeves and always do tri extensions going over behind the head like so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1AZebtYyA0

Larry scott extensions are great aslo..give em a shot some time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkkJdpEHGQ

heavy power pressdowns are money too (which I need to start adding more of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHi5XShAPlY

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday/Monday

Missed last Thursday and went in on Friday instead. When I tried to update this the Friday and Monday, the forum was down. Here is Friday:

Deads 140x5 160x3 182.5kgx1 - The first rep wasn't a problem. Unfortunatley, the day of all day's when I finally try to rep 400+, my talc runs out. F*** was I pissed. So I get the second above the knees without much problem and the bar slips out of my hands.

182.5kgx2 (402lbs) (straps) PR- Well I have straps, but they are shi*ty and don't really work properly. They aren't very sturdy anymore, and never were I guess. That's what happens when you get a s*** pair from a sporting goods store. So I managed two here. Got the third above the knees and the straps gave out. More on this in a bit.

Push press 70x1 85kgx1 PR- Pretty happy with this.
Oh press 60kgx8

And I left it at that. So deads. I had carbed up to hell on the Thursday night. Went in and was feeling strong. The reps I did do with 182.5, felt good. I know I can do 3 once I get chalk, and 4 is close, maybe even there because of the wasted effort from the first set. 5 shouldn't be far off. I've got proper chalk on the way, and if I get it by Thursday/Friday, I will probably go in and try again. If not, I may just skip the workout and use it as a mini-deload. So all-in-all a frustrating day, but I did at least rep it, even if it was with straps.

Monday

Bench 70x5 80x3 92.5kgx7- Seem to have stalled here a little. Even had the fake rack setup so I could push it. I'm going to up this next cycle, my best with 95kg is 6, so if I can manage 7 that would be good.
72.5x12

Squats 140kgx1 (308lbs)- Felt like testing the waters a little. This was a good strong rep, and went up without too much difficulty. My best is 150kg, I'm probably around that, hopefully I can beat it next time I try.

125kgx6 (275lbs)- Had the fake rack setup a little high. The last rep was actually squatted off the rack. Reasonable though. My best is 8, I reckon I could beat it on a good day.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 300x1 330kgx6 (726lbs) PR - Pretty damn pleased with how this is going. I really do think this helps my squat and dead. This felt near to max effort.

And that was all. Pretty pleased with how this session went.

Not a lot else to mention. As I say, I'll probably go in later in the week if I get the chalk on time. If not, I'll probably skip it. Apart from that, I'll be doing burpees. Until next time...

Quagmire

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Straps suck man. Just use chalk. Assuming you have a decent bar to work with, if you "lock in", then your grip will be great. I've picked up 455+ off the ground w/ chalk and had little to no grip issues, at least for the first little bit. I'm very picky about the bars I use though.

Good work on breaking the 400 lb mark though! Do you think your back/grip is what is holding you back from doing more reps? Your legs are probably pretty strong.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chalk

Thursday

I think chalk is what was holding me back from doing more reps. The first thing I did last Friday was come home and order chalk. It arrived this morning, so in I went, to get vengence. It turned into a stellar day. Here it is:

Deads 140x5 160x3 182.5kgx4 (402lbs) PR- Well the chalk helped immeasurably. No grip problems at all today, and I said it last week that grip was the problem. No more talc which is pretty s*** to be honest, better than nothing I suppose. My own fault for letting it run out last week right enough. Got the third up pretty well and decided to go for a fourth. The fourth was a bit of a grinder, but not the worst I have done. This is excellent news, because it means 5 is close. I reckon I'd have got a 5th to the knees, but lockout is my problem area. I was pretty damned pschyed after this and still am. I know I can do 200kg (440lbs) now, I am thinking off attempting it in three weeks.

Oh press 70kgx5 (154lbs) PR- Good stuff.
55kgx8

Chins BW+25kgx1- This might be a PR, or equalling my PR. I could have done a bit more. BW is around around 174, but I haven't checked in a week or two.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 300x1 350kgx6 (770lbs) PR- I was still pschyed (still am) and decided to go a little crazy and throw some more weight on. I was going to do one, but it felt great and I just did the 6. 800 will fall in the next few weeks.

Kneeling rollouts BWx32 PR- I was so close to getting cramp in my abs and tri's. Pretty fun.

And that was all. Pretty sweet day all round. The leg press has really taken off, and I think it is really helping my deadlift off the floor. That with the kroc rows for lockout and grip is a pretty good combination I think.

My work capacity is going up a lot as well, I think I've mentioned this. I'm killing the burpees, so this is probably helping recovery some what. The high intensity doesn't seem to hinder anything, only help. It is low impact right enough.

I'm thinking of skipping Monday as a mini-deload and going back in a week's time.

Anyway that is all for this week, until time...:up:

Quagmire

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday

Had two weeks off. Wasn't sleeping well and thought working out might be affecting things. Sleeping better the last few days so I decided to go back in, but I was planning on it.

Pretty decent session for two weeks off and first of the new wave. I felt a little weaker on deads, but today should have primed the CNS for the weeks to come. Here it is:

Oh press 60kgx5x5x5 (132lbs)- Didn't push this too hard. These were all fairly easy.

Deads 120x5 140x5 162.5kgx6 (358lbs)- The last two were quite challenging. Lockout is my weakness, so it follows that if anything suffered, it would be there. Grip was fine. Not bad though, and this is how I started off the last wave. I am just going to repeat the last cycle. Held the last one at the top for a bit.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 300x1 330kgx6 (726lbs)- This was pretty good. 200 is a lot easier than it used to be.

Chins BWx5x5x5- Went slow on these. They are actually quite hard because my grip was pretty worked after the deads.

Bi curls 30kgx8x8- Pretty weak, but I haven't done them in a while and it was after the other stuff. Going to start doing these more often again. I actually used to do these at the start when I did do them, that worked pretty well.

And that was all. Not a lot else to add. Need to make sure and get kroc rows in there.

On the diet front I basically had the last week and a half off, becuase I decided around last Tuesday to extend the time off. I think I was around 178lbs the other day, so that will be fully carbed up and everything. I reckon I began taking the calories too low towards the end. I need to stick to what was working, 4 meals and a small shake before bed. Towards the end I was doing 3 meals which was one less carb portion and no shake. Definitley not enough with the amount of HIIT I was doing. Drinking has also taken off a little again. I don't know what to say here, "it's summer" is a pretty lame excuse. There is always an excuse. I need to come up with a plan to reduce it, possibly eliminate as that seems to work best.

Anyway, that's all for this week. Party tonight so I don't about HIIT tommorow, I'll see how I feel.

Until Monday...

Quagmire

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday

Was in on Monday, didn't do anything special. Today was a great day, hit some goals, just before I turn 20 as well. Here it is:

Oh press 65kgx5x5

Deadlifts 130x3 150x3 175x1 200kgx1 (440lbs) PR- The triples felt good. I thought I should at least attempt the 200 seeing as it was my last chance before my birthday. The last set would have been 170 for reps otherwise. It was a good rep and I hit the groove, didn't really stall at any particular point like I did when I did 195. I reckon 205 is probably where I am at, I may attempt it next week and try and get a video. Raw, no belt for the records.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 300x1 330x1 365kgx3 (803lbs) PR- Pretty happy with this.

Standing rolloutsx1- Mangaed one very ugly rep. Decided not to bother doing weighted kneeling rollouts, because I was running out of time.

Bi curls 35kgx8x8 30sx4- Easier than last week because I didn't do any chins beforehand this time.

And that was all. Pretty clean diet all week, went hill walking on Tuesday instead of doing HIIT. Weight was 177lbs this morning waist was 33.5-33.75".

On another note, the dead also got me over the 1000 mark just in time as well. Bench (231), Squat (330), Dead (440) = 1001lbs. Pretty pleased I made that too.

Onward and upward. Wonder where I'll be at 40. Till' next time...

Quagmire

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bout time you got to 200 kg... awesome job!! :D Any technical differences you're seeing as your weights get bigger?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Fugly: I'm not really noticing anything apart from on squats. Squats always feel dodgy for me, and I have to really focus on trying to maintain form. I just don't feel all that safe on them. I guess it doesn't help not having a proper rack. I can't even dump it because of the stupid half-rack in that gym. I guess I always think if something ever goes wrong, it will be on squats. I want to fix that. I generally feel good on the other three. Bench I've had a few sessions that felt a bit funny, but never since brining my grip in to around shoulder width. Deads usually always feel fine, and the once or twice they felt funny I just didn't push it that day. I haven't missed a rep in a while, and If I do I don't really feel like anything is going to snap or anything heh.

Workout to follow.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

Good workout today, here it is:

Bench 70x3 80x3 90kgx9 (198lbs)- This felt good. 10 was there, which is my PR, but I didn't have a spotter or fake-rack set up. I think I had 11 today as well, 9 wasn't that bad. I'd rather hit 200+ for 10 though which I still haven't done, or start hitting 220+ for 5 or more. Slowly but surely, this is climbing. I remember being happy with 80x3 at one point, so it is going in the right direction.

Squats 100x2 120x3 125kgx6 (275lbs)- Accidentally put 120 on for the 2nd set, didn't realize until after it was over. It was meant to be 110. I think it took a little out of the last one. I picked up a small niggle in my right glute after last week, didn't really want to push things, plus the rack wasn't there. I don't really know where I am with squats. I made a lot of progress at the turn of the year after being in a rut for a long time, so I can't expect it to keep going up. Deads are going nicely right now as well, so that will do. I could probably do with consolidating form and stuff at this level anyway.

Kroc rows 48kgx21 (106lbs)- Wish the db's went higher. Still, I notice a difference in my deads if I don't do these, even just maintaining this level.

Db bench (elbows flared) 20kg 3x10- I really need to do something about my chest, so I'm trying this. With my close grip and arch on bench, my pecs probably won't get very much work, and they never feel sore. I'm not tucking elbows at all on these and am going to try and go a bit slower for some extra TUT. This was quite easy today and I did short rest periods.

Rope pushdowns 20kgx8x8- I know this is weak. I just can't push at all after the bench for some reason. I think I could do a lot more fresh.

And that was all. I did all this without eating anything, and still haven't eaten. I had a shake during my workout though. I've been thinking over some Warrior diet related stuff. The whole idea is eating when you are hungry. Well I don't really get hungry when I wake up, but am usually a lot hungrier at night. I think I might try two meals a day, because waiting for one was too much when I tried the last time. Right enough, I think that is how you are meant to do it, by transitioning into it. I just don't see the point in eating unless I'm hungry, particularly if I am not trying to gain, and actually trying to lean out.

Anyway, that is all for this week, until next time...

Quagmire

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday+Monday

Good day on Friday, here it is:

Oh press 50x3 60x3 70kgx6 (154lbs) PR- Pretty pleased with this. 7 didn't seem like it would be far of. Hopefully I can head for 200+ for 1 soon.

Deads 140x5 160x3 182.5kgx3 (402lbs)- This wasn't quite as strong as a few weeks ago. 3 was a very hard rep at the top and I couldn't hold it. It is possible the oh press affected it a little, when I did this for 4 a few weeks ago, I did deads first I think. Still, I can't expect to nail 400+ every session.

Db bench (elbows flared) 24kgx10x10x10- Pecs were really sore after this on Monday. Looks like this is a good idea.

Leg press 200x5 250x5 300x1 320kgx10 (704lbs) PR- Wanted to go a little higher with the reps today. Happy with this.

Bi curls 37.5kgx10 x8-30sx4- Noticed a big difference on the first set today. Up to 40kg next week.

And that was all. All in all a good session.

Monday

Bench 70x5 85x3 95kgx8 (209lbs) PR- Very pleased with this, it is a 2 rep PR. I've still only done 231x1, so that should be easily beatable now.

Squats 90x5 110x3 130kgx6 (286lbs)- These felt pretty reasonable today, my PR is 8 here I think. I'm going to need the fake-rack here to start PR'ing again, it just feels really dodgy with this on my back and no saftey at all.

Kroc rows 48kg 2x10

Db bench (elbows flared) 28kg 2x8

Hip machines full stack 2x15

Rope pushdowns 10x5 20x5 25kg 2x5- These felt easier this week. Will go up to 30 next time.

And that was all. Pretty much stronger across the board on everything except squats the last few weeks, and I haven't really pushed that because of the lack of saftey.. Not sure what I can attribute this too. I've actually been drinking more the last few weeks. I added in mag+taurine about a week and a half ago, that may have helped. My weight jumped from 177 to 181, and that's the only real thing I changed. Taurine is a cell voulmiser. My waist was still about the same. Pretty happy anyway.

Anyway, that is all. Until next time...

Quagmire

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday

Decent session, here it is:

Oh press 82.5kgx1 (182lbs) PR- Pretty pleased with this. Starting to taste 200!

60kgx10

Deads 120x5 140x5 162.5kgx6- I haven't felt 100% on deads since the 200kg, might need to take it easier for a few weeks.

DB bench (elbows flared) 20kg 5x10

Kneeling rollouts Bwx5x5- Easing back into this.

Bi curls 40kgx6x6

And that was it.

Not much to say. Need to start back on losing the fat, but I haven't been feeling great the last few weeks. I reckon I have been taking in too much caffiene again. Stopped on Monday and felt better this morning. Will see how I feel and hopefully start up hard with the HIIT again and clean up the diet. The motivation needs to be there though.

That's all for this week, until next time...

Quagmire