Putting the emphasis on the woman is NOT good

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men's Health offers some dating advice. Comparing what they say with what we've learned on sosuave, it's obvious that the accepted notion is to placate women. And that takes away our power with women. Men's Health is a lesson in what NOT do do. Here's their advice about what to say when you know that the relationship is over.

"You think: It's over, but she doesn't know it yet.
Say: "I won't be able to give what you deserve."

Bad advice. We shouldn't get involved with a woman with the express purpose of making her happy, it should be about how she will add to the excitement of your life - you should already have things going for you regardless of whether or not you're dating anyone. If she likes the same things you do, and understands your point of view these are good things. When you have her back when she needs it, she knows you're the man. But if she doesn't meet your needs, it is she who doesn't deserve you not the other way around.

Here's the link to the Men's Health article.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24403870&GT1=32023

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just an excuse, it softens the blow better. The article even says that. Therefore the break up will go smoother and less of a chance of her sawing ur headoff. I don't know about you, but I would rather avoid confrontation and move on easier, regardless of what I said was true or not.

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
same here.

recently though I made a point to tell someone "I've treated you well. more than you deserve."

thewickedm

Don Juan
Reaction score
and me too scorpio. i did the same as you, and she ended up agreeing with me. don't you just love women? :p

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandow said:
It's just an excuse, it softens the blow better. The article even says that. Therefore the break up will go smoother and less of a chance of her sawing ur headoff. I don't know about you, but I would rather avoid confrontation and move on easier, regardless of what I said was true or not.

I'd prefer to not have the whining and crying, too, but I've learned that it is better to just be direct about it. That way I'm off the hook. If a woman continues to wait around for you after you've already told her that you're just not into her anymore, that's her problem. Just telling her the truth directly means that I'm fine and my conscience is in the clear.

Ah, but to each his own, right?

FLGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being_the_Don said:
I'd prefer to not have the whining and crying, too, but I've learned that it is better to just be direct about it. That way I'm off the hook. If a woman continues to wait around for you after you've already told her that you're just not into her anymore, that's her problem. Just telling her the truth directly means that I'm fine and my conscience is in the clear.

Ah, but to each his own, right?
Depends on how direct you want to be.

Would you rather have a woman tell you:

1. I'm sick and tried of sleeping with a guy who has a 4 inch cawk, who can't sexually satisfy me.

OR

2. I need to time for myself to _________ and you deserve someone who can make you a priority.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have to admit, I've gone off Men's Health for any sort of advice with women, especially since they have some women who dare to offer advice as if they have any clue what they really want.

Being the Don has hit the nail on the head. 'Nuff said.