Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

pushups/pullups everyday?

Tesl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd give a rest day between, but try to have a single session where you _really_ stress yourself. Doing one and two here and there is fine but you should be doing more.

My friend had a pullup bar and when I stayed at her place (out the country, no gym I could use) I'd do as many pullups as I could until I physically couldn't do anymore. And a few sets of those too. Even the next day I could still feel a bit of soreness, which is probably a good sign. I've no doubt if you keep doing them regularly in this way you would eventually see good improvements.

Just doing them all the time / every day or adhoc doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Unless you really stress the muscle its not going to grow, and if you are always stressing them to the max then they wont have time to recover (so again, no growth)

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Noodles said:
Again we come back to progressive overload. There is a huge difference from a person in amazing shape doing X push-ups a day (when they bench twice their body weight) and someone who can barely do X push-ups. As for boxing and MMA? I've a blackbelt in Judo, Kyokushin Karate and a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jiutsu, as well as 9 years training as a Royal Marine Commando, and section boxing trophies. Function strength. I'm sure you've got an equally good knowledge of those areas?
Belted, but a different country. I had to look up what "Royal Marine Commando" was, btw. You definitely have me beat there, I assume xD.
@OP: Tabata hindu pushups. Doesn't work for you, do it with an olympic 45 duct taped to your back, imao. http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/ Study ran it at 170% or 180% Vo2max when it was originally done by Dr. Tabata with stationary bike, and yes, the group did also have anaerobic benefits.

I agree about waiting 48 hours, but you could do isometric exercises on the days off. If I recall correctly those can be done daily.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
now I try to do this, push ups mainly as the opportunities for pullups are fewer, however is the pushups/pullups at every opportunity (as Ive seen touted around this site) actualy of benefit?
I ask because this seems to be in conflict with the view of taking time off to let muscle heal? is there any actual benefit to pushups pullups at every oportunity?

Bodyweight exercises are very very effective in building strength and endurance, but you shouldn't do them everyday. If you train the same muscle groups day in and day out, a couple of things happen: 1.) you overtrain the muscles and increase the chance of physical injury, 2.) it will cease to be a challenge for the muscles and the muscles won't continue to grow stronger. I recommend doing push ups and pull ups three times a week at most, but allow at least 24 hours recovery time.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
The workout itself - there is a limit as to how much stress you can put on your muscles with these exercises.

Pushups you could put a weight on your back when doing it (but how much?) and pull ups you can lift some weight as well.

But how does this compare to the stress from heavy weights e.g. bench press, overhead press, deadlifts, bent over rows, squats etc with heavy weight.

DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE.
You ever seen a gymnast's bodyweight routine?
http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/