Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pushed my heartrat to 364

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
182 beats in 30 seconds is what I counted. I just want to know if its good or bad to push my heart rate up that high. What do you think?

I was running, steps about a foot apart and I wasn't pumping my arms I held them at my sides so I wouldn't drop stuff from my pockets. uhh, I was running after a cab to see if he knew where a few people were and I ignored the cigarette lungs I have.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you're a hummingbird, you counted wrong. You're also an idiot for believing that you could have counted correctly.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My resting heartrate is 140, I push my heartrate to high 200s all the time.

I should just go see a doctor.

Sounds like nobody here is going to have any experience with this.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez said:
My resting heartrate is 140, I push my heartrate to high 200s all the time.

I should just go see a doctor.

Sounds like nobody here is going to have any experience with this.
A resting heart rate of above 100 BPM is called ventricular tachycardia. You run the risk of going into ventricular fibrillation which means your heart is beating so quickly and out of rythm, that your ventricals don't have enough time to fill with blood between contraction, which in turn leads to hypoxia and death soon after. See your Doctor? I'd go to the ER if my resting HR was 140BPM.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your resting heartrate is 140? As in first-thing-in-the-morning-rested?
Dude :crackup:
Check your heart or check your watch. Something is off.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like he's counting double or something.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am no doctor, but I really don't think the human heart is capable of 300+ beats per minute.

Now.. cut those numbers in half, and they make sense.

How exactly are you measuring your pulse? Are you using your thumb? Because the thumb has it's own pulse, maybe you're just counting double that way.

nosmirk

Don Juan
Reaction score
you had a heart transplant didnt you, from a damn hummingbird hahaha

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my resting heartrate is 50bpm, jogging is 120bpm, sprinting 160bpm

there's no possible way that anybody could have a resting hr of 365.

A lot of people do count double though, remember you can feel the pulse as your heart expands AND contracts.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
220 – Age = PMHR (Predicted Maximum Heart Rate)...

wow. from my calculations: you're not born yet. lol.. try getting a friend to take your heart rate.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
A lot of people do count double though, remember you can feel the pulse as your heart expands AND contracts.
Ahhhh, no you can't. You can only feel a pulse during ventricular contraction, when your left ventricle pumps oxygenated blood out to your body.

Ventricular expansion, or atrial contraction will produce no pulse. You can only feel one pulse.

To the OP; Don't take your pulse when you're running. Use your corotid pulse instead of your brachial, or radial. It's much easier to feel.

Chipmonkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen brother, with a 364BPM pulse, you'd be dead. Whoever posted above is right, above 100 that's called Ventricular Tach. 364 would be so fast that blood doesn't have time to fill the chambers of the heart, so you would virtually have no circulation, it would be the same as if your heart had stopped, or was in vfib. Also, if your pulse were that fast, you would A) Not feel it because since you aren't pumping blood, you have no blood pressure. and B) You'd be unconscious and not breathing.

Take your pulse, count it over 30 seconds, multiply by 2.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, somethings wrong I guess. Nurses all the time tell me its just because of stress, and that I should drink water. Doctors tell me if its normal than its normal, at least for me.

right now, sitting down, I just had a cup of coffee and I haven't smoked in 45 minutes, my pulse is 128. Pretty low for me. I count only when my pulse jumps up at me, not when it goes down.

Ayways, thanks for the "advice" guys.

Oh yeah T= non P=137 R=32 BP=128/63 manually.

donjuanjovi, thanks dude:nervous: I'll check with a physician again but he's going to tell me I'm still consistent. He hasn't given me any warning not to exert myself at all and doesn't mind when I tell him I play sports. Is there something I can tell him?

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez said:
donjuanjovi, thanks dude:nervous: I'll check with a physician again but he's going to tell me I'm still consistent. He hasn't given me any warning not to exert myself at all and doesn't mind when I tell him I play sports. Is there something I can tell him?
I have medical first responder training. That's it! I did not go to medical school. I don't know if you have any medical conditions, so listen to your doctor. He will know best.

Also, quitting smoking is never a bad idea.

Spade_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I must've done something wrong too. I just did my resting heart rate and got 49 beats in 30 seconds so that lik 98 in a minute? That can't be right...

Status
Not open for further replies.