Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

push-ups

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only do a maximum of about 35 in a row before my arms pretty much give out. If I wait a few minutes I can do more. Is there something wrong with me?

I've always been bad at them so a few months ago I started just doing about 12 at a time then went to 20. Now I try to do 2-3 sets of 35 per day, but I can't really do much more. I've been kind of stuck at this level for a while.

It makes me feel like a weak loser. (Well, not that much, but a little bit.)

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
35 push ups is far more than most people can do...

So basically you've plateauded at 35? It's probably because it's now become more of an endurance exercise and your muscles are not being put under enough stress to keep adapting and getting stronger. Body weight exercises cap out eventually.

-shaun

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself a master of push ups.

When I first started doing push ups a couple of years ago I had to start out the sissy way with my knees on the floor and then pushing up for a big total of 2.

Two years later I can pump out 100 in no time but how I got there is weighted push up's by putting different weights 5,10,15 pound plates on my back and then doing my push ups. You can get a pack back and do the same. I am a firm believer this has helped me with my weight lifting now and has helped me start out with heaver weights without overtraining as it prepared my body for heaver weights since I had been away from lifting for some years. Actually push up strengthen the core and whole body as you have total control of the movement thoughout and thinking 35 push ups that number is nothing to sneeze at.

One push up I am going to try next is running my legs up a wall and do a hand stand now that is a challege for all the weight of your body is on your arms and shoulders etc., and you push it up of coarse this is advanced and should only be attempted if you really feel strong and believe me you'll know when your ready for a hand stand push up.

Don't beat yourself up 35 push ups is above average for a lot of guys and I know a few people who have lifted weights for years and can't even do a push up without pootin' and turning tomato red in the face.

Your doing find and take a break every now and then don't do them all the time and in no time you'll be up to 100 push ups and definitely get yourself some weights and start pumping.

LoneSilver

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, man.
That's pretty decent. I usually only do 3 sets of 25 a couple times a week and pretty proud of my gained muscle since.
But maybe that's because I'm 19 and not that much into the whole bodybuilding thing. I just like to keep my body in shape. :)

I'm dedicated to increase my endurance nonetheless. Maybe I'll try to do the weights on the back thing.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do inclined pushups. I put my feet up in a chair and then do 15 push ups for three sets. I do slow push ups, stop. Then start again. I stop after 3 sets.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can do about 50 in one go. I suprised alot of my friends with them the other week they thought I wouldnt be able to even do 10