Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

purpose of life... any1 know?

orpsinnet

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i was pondering the other day, what exactly is the purpose of life? biologically, were here to pass our genetic information on. ok, thats easy enough, hit up about 20 sperm banks and get 1000$ in the process, sweet! ok, now that thats taken care of, what else? other then enjoying myself and having a good time i dont see a real purpose. we go to school, hopefully do well enough so one can go to college, do well in college to go to grad school, survive grad school to get a decent job, have a decent job to buy decent things. well, thats how my life looks right now anyway. lets say i accomplish all of that. i exit grad school a worn out 24 year old and am thrown into the work world until my retirement. so why the hell did i go through all that? (and why did i pay 30k a year to get there?!) what if i buy everything i could ever want to buy, what if i traveled everywhere i wanted to go, what would be the purpose? did mankind make up some kind of purpose for peace of mind? is religion simply a byproduct of lack of purpose or meaning? i have no freakin idea. that is my question to anyone who reads this. its not really a meaning of life thing, but more does anything we do in our lives have a real purpose? maybe it is a meaning of life question, i dunno. but looking foward, i see life flying by very fast, and itl only get faster as we get older as im told, and i can completely understand that. this semester was the quickest 4 months of my life, so i doubt its gunna slow down anytime soon.

im not like suicidal or depressed or anything, just that awkward young adult stage where i question life and try to find myself i guess.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think our purpose in life is to EVOLVE... it's something that cannot be judged or measured... it just is, there is no REAL answer to the purpose.

You weren't brought into the world with a purpose except to grow up properly.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hasn't this EXACT topic been brought up before? Anyway its like you said to pass on our genetic information. In my perspective it's to be a good christian and get to heaven, other people might think differently.

Best of luck finding your meaning though man...

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the purpose of life is to enjoy it while it lasts

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"42"

"I checked it very thoroughly, and that quite definitely is the answer. I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."

orpsinnet

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya, this is pretty much what i expected. wouldnt it be nice if some1 out there had a folder titled "orpsinnets purpose in life" and could just mail it to me. but figuring it out for myself is also part of the journey i guess. well thx anyway guys, thisl be a fun ride

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
I have the answers to the meaning of life!

I have the answers to every question you've ever asked yourself!

For just $999.00 those answers can be yours too!

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
The purpose of life is for it to end.......

Sorry! Couldn't resist!

Joking / Matrix Reference aside, I think that there is no one true meaning of life that would suit everyone as a whole, my answer to the question ' what is the meaning of life? ' would be;

' Well, my friend, there is no one meaning of life. It is different for everybody '

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purposeful work, religion, and/or family

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123606
MYTH — Money Can Buy Happiness

We get a lot of messages from television and movies telling us that more money will make us happy. Lottery winners have press conferences, reality shows have pretty women lining up to marry rich guys.

But in fact, one lottery winner told us she was very happy for several days, then the thrill wore off.

Milionaire hip-hop promoter Russell Simmons told me wealth didn't make him or his friends happy either. "If I know 15 billionaires, I know 13 unhappy people," he said.

Simmons' brother, Reverend Run was the lead rapper for Run DMC. He said he suddenly realized money wouldn't buy happiness when he was at the peak of his career.

"I get to L.A., and I've got the presidential suite," he said, "and it all came at once. … And it was too much. I realized, 'OK, I got it, God. I got it. I got it. This will not work. It is not gonna make me happy.' … The only thing that's gonna make me happy is the joy that's on the inside of me."

Research suggests that Reverend Run and Russell Simmons are right. A survey of 49 of the Forbes richest found that they weren't any happier than the rest of us.

Money magazine columnist Jean Chatsky polled 1,500 people for her book "You Don't Have to Be Rich" and found that more money makes people significantly happier only if their family income's below $30,000, but by $50,000, money makes no difference.

"Once you get to that $50,000 level, more money doesn't buy more happiness," she said.

Happiness researchers agree with Simmons and Chatsky: Purposeful work is what makes people happy. And finding religion. And family.