Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

PUA videos = Garbage?

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how many people watch the mystery pick up field videos or any of the other vids on youtube that show field reports, but it seems like every single one of those are awkward. When I watch them, I get the feeling like mystery (or whomever is doing the PUA exercises) is just waiting to use a bunch of canned lines. It never seems like its a natural enjoyable thing. I had hoped that by watching some of those videos, there would be some additional things I would learn to help with conversation to learn about the girl. Unfortunately, its just the SAME CRAP over and over and over. Now, who actually thinks that spouting off a bunch of generalized junk is fun?

Am I missing something here? Sure--the PUA got the attention of a bunch of women and used all the appropriate lines, but how does that satisfy a person? It seems so incredibly unnatural and forced, like sure, it would "work" on a girl for the first night-- but then what? You can't use 'lines' for the rest of your life!

Also, I was wondering if guys actually go out and do this. Are there people who just try the same lines over and over on every girl until they find one that goes along with it? If no girls in one bar followed the script, do you then go to the next bar and do it all over again?

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the permise is SOUND, meaning U gotta use a non-direct line to get your foot in the door, hold their interest, etc.

In the begining you should use canned lines then gravitate towards your own personalized openers. When you are great you could theoretically use any word and seduce women.

Saying just be natural is totally un-realistic, when U engage out of your comfort zone you often appear nervous, awkward, and yes canned/rehearshed. You are focusing on the actual words and not the results, to an outsider and for instructional purposes it would seem that this stuff doesn't work. The same lines is NOT TAUGHT be mystery whats so ever, he states to multiple thread, change openers all the time.

Videos are for entertainment and to allow people an upclose and personal viewing of how its done. Yes we should all be natural but that takes time. Startig out............canned lines work