PUA gurus pedestalize women too

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of talk on this board about how betas are unsuccessful because they pedestalize women.

Yes, being needy is bad. I won't doubt that. But let's be clear - a lot of so-called PUA's hold a double standard when it comes to this. They categorize women by their looks ("I just banged a 9 last night!") and judge you based on HOW MANY WOMEN YOU HAVE BANGED. Like if you have banged less than 100 women, you're less of a man.

I would argue that many gurus pedestalize women as much as betas. They think and talk about game 24/7, while normal guys spend a lot of time doing more productive things and make the world better. Texting women selfies and using one-lingers all the time just to get them in bed is childish at best. A real man has things other than pickup going on in his life.

Yesterday I pulled a Hooters waitress's number after talking to her about 10 minutes. This girl was totally hot, and very friendly. Keep in mind I'm in Dallas right now where it is much easier to pull. But that wasn't really the highlight of my day. The highlight of my day was buying a really good book from Barnes and Noble that I've been dying to read.

If you haven't been successful with women, don't let other guys talk down to you. I've gone through hundreds of rejections in my life and have thought many times I'd never get a girlfriend ever again. But then I realized that the so-called "PUA gurus" have really dumb and pathetic lives compared to mine. My job is really exciting and I learn new things every day. I'm really respected in my community, and by my friends. I don't have a baby mama or any crap like that going on in my life. Even if I'm single for the next 5 years (which won't be the case), my life would still be a lot better than that of guys who pull 9's!! Basing your quality of life on the types of women you have sex with is the ultimate beta mentality. Go for hot girls, but don't feel down on yourself if they reject you.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*thumbs up*

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
PUA's teach you how to be an actor and a con artist.. not an alpha.

This is why I constantly preach the "alpha mindset" which is basically doing whatever you want (within the law) 24/7 and not pandering to women, blue pill society or anyone else. The key is to become a "natural" and this is only achieved by being 100% comfortable in your own skin and confident in who you are with no apologies. This is achieved by THINKING like an alpha not just acting like one.

How does an alpha think? First.. he thinks for himself. Second.. he has core values and he lives by them regardless of who approves. He does not change himself to suit others. His attitude is "take it or leave it".

This is why all alphas are the most authentic people you'll meet. The more you need to "fit in" the more beta you are and the less sexually attractive. This also explains why lots of weirdos and freaks can attract hot women. The bravery it takes be authentic is something all women find attractive. Especially when you don't apologize for it.

PUA's teach you how to pretend to do all these things. Want to be a PUA? Why not just become an actor in Hollywood so you can at least get paid AND laid.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled a Hooters waitress's number after talking to her about 10 minutes. This girl was totally hot, and very friendly. Keep in mind I'm in Dallas right now where it is much easier to pull. But that wasn't really the highlight of my day. The highlight of my day was buying a really good book from Barnes and Noble that I've been dying to read.
Come on bro, laying it on a little thick here. There is focus on your own thing and not chasing, then there is pretending you are too rock and roll to care about a good looking female. Let's not over do it with the alpha.

If you haven't been successful with women, don't let other guys talk down to you. I've gone through hundreds of rejections in my life and have thought many times I'd never get a girlfriend ever again. But then I realized that the so-called "PUA gurus" have really dumb and pathetic lives compared to mine. My job is really exciting and I learn new things every day. I'm really respected in my community, and by my friends. I don't have a baby mama or any crap like that going on in my life. Even if I'm single for the next 5 years (which won't be the case), my life would still be a lot better than that of guys who pull 9's!! Basing your quality of life on the types of women you have sex with is the ultimate beta mentality. Go for hot girls, but don't feel down on yourself if they reject you.
Bro you are insulting and putting down PUA when you don't even know them or have met them. That's pretty insecure. Some PUA do teach how to dress, what to talk about, topics woman generally are interested in. That stuff doesn't hurt. It's the one liners and cheesy come on lines where they get sidetracked.

You can't insult others just because you don't like what they are doing. You can say what they teach isn't for you or helpful, but to put them down is beta and weak. o_O

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur with the premise of the OP. Though I do I have to mainly agree with @Trump also.

Each person on this thread so far seems to have been a proactive SS member for a good while, so to critcise PUA is slightly hypocritical. Just by being here, we are, or at least once were, all as guilty as anyone of pedestalisation to some extent; and that goes for the OP too.

Once we start mastering this stuff and have success, it's very easy to let the ego run away with itself. Let's not pretend our own sh!t doesn't stink. If anything, my success and failure just makes me more humble as I go along.

We must understand and respect that PUA helped form the foundations of what we now understand to be the 'manosphere', way back when. Far from criticising them, we actually owe them a debt of gratitude to an extent. It is thanks to guys like them, among others, and indeed ourselves that the concepts and philosophies have evolved and continue to.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Inner game vs outer game... For those still learning what they themselves are capable of and arent truly confident in tbemselves yet outer game can be an enormous confidence booster. That all by itself is enough to thank the PUA community for. The help they have given to thousands of men is astonishing. We stand on the shoulders of giants. The early picking up guys faced untold rejections as they experimented. Their successes helped create the body of knowledge we have today about the psychology ogy of attraction, hypergamy and more.
It is a crass term, pick up artist, but what else are you going to use, social liason expert, stud, connectivity guru, **** knows...
Am I a PUA... No. Have I learned from this site and others about inner game and attraction, hell yeah. I havent even read the dj bible though because I believe it makes it harder to pick up women when you have all these tricks and metbods rolling around in your head, rather than just doing what seems natural. YMMV.

That is the hard part... Turning off the whiney ***** in your head that says, "be a nice guy, dont risk it, even though you want to kiss her and fvck her dont let her know that, be a gentle and considerate lover, be loyal to just one woman, it is ok for her to be mad at you sometimes" and so on. YMMV

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with @cola on this.

Becoming a DJ is a paradox. You are told not to pedestalize women, yet are shown all the tactics to attract women. I like the analogy that we come here like a car that's broken and in need of repair. Our 'romantic machine' is broken, by reading the material and speaking to other guys who've been through similar experiences we fix ourselves.

There is synergy between the principles of how to act & behave with women and how to be successful in other areas of your life.

A 'PUA' who is obsessed with women and wants to fvck as many as possible invariably is the archetypal 'jerk' that Pook describes. He is simply the flip side of the AFC coin. That is inherently different from a single DJ playing the field and sampling the menu to find the best choice. A DJ finds balance, detaches himself from the poor AFC mindset and focuses on self improvement.

I was absolutely clueless how to act around women when I came here, to a point where I would get attached to a woman and it would impact my whole life. I had no influences to show me any better. So I grew up reading the material & improving myself.
SS has members who are just after lays, members who want LTR's and AFC's, I like the variety of all viewpoints as each has its merits.

In my mind a lot of members come here because of women but end up improving every aspect of their life.

I dont view this site as your typical manosphere site, it has transformed more into a male improvement site. The spike in activity in the anything else forum and the emergence of the wealth and succes forum are testament to that.

Reaction score
PUAs pedestalize chasing ***** and being some sort of a womanizer, what is worse is that many of them end up looking like buffoons in public because of it.