Protien, cant keep driniking shakes

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to eat about 217 grams of protein a day to meet Diesels program of bulking up.

I get about 50 grams a day, that explains why I dont bulk up even though i might lift weights.

I cant keep drinking shakes, is that okay to drink like four to fives shakes to meet the requiremtns.

I have a real big problem, I HAVE A VERY SMALL APPETITE, WHAT should i do, I FEEL FULL FAST.

Also is it possible to go from 157 to about 200 lbs in 6 months im 5'10

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eat more, all the time, your stomach will stretch.

Don't be a pvssy. Do it.

AbAbber2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
My first time bulking I went from 1800-2000 calories to 3500+ without any lead up. It SUCKED. At around 600 calories every meal (6/day) I felt like I'd puke, but I kept at it. Eventually, yes, your stomach will stretch and your appitite will increase.

Anyway, like semag said, it basically comes down to you just needing to FORCE yourself (though he said it differently:p). And NO, it's not okay to just drink shakes to fill the requirements. I'd say at the most, you shouldn't be getting more than 25% of your protein intake from shakes. You need REAL food. Aim for 150g+ of protein and THEN substitute with shakes.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your stomach will adjust to the quantity of food you put into it. Just start eating more per meal and per day. Trust me I have had the same problem and it can be rough but you will adjust pretty fast.

43lbs in 6 mo is a lot. no you wont put on that much in 6 mo if youre interested in mostly muscle. That would be a lot of fat and water in addition to muscle.

just like AbAbber said, stick w/ real food. at 157lbs you should have no trouble getting your protein in with real food. dont get me wrong, if youre in a rush and dont have time to cook once in a while, go for it...dont miss your meal, but shakes should not be a big part of your diet. I know occasionally i realize i dont have enough chicken cooked (i cook in bulk) so i toss a shake on top of that.

If you do want to add a shake try a blended protein with skim milk, some fruit olive or flax oil and maybe some oats (if your blender will blend them. my cheap one wont lol). I know some guys have trouble w/ big breakfasts and have a shake instead.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that helps me get my protein intake up is adding a scoop or two of whey to every meal inaddition to my solid food.

Just get solid protein down first, shake, then carbs. It is tough at first though, but stick with it

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you smoke, then that's prolly the reason for your lack of apetites.

;-) And yes, it's VERY possible to pick up 43lbs in 6 months. Hell... with Bill Philips, you can do even more than that in 12 weeks.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
43 lbs of primarily lean mass in 12 weeks?

guys on a well planned cycle dont come up with that...where did you get that information? i dont think that is true. I very much think that that is completely wrong.

marcuk

Reaction score
eat tuna,squeeze out the brine and eat,a mouthful of water with each bite wases it down easy,also water is important due to high protien intake,good luck

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
217g?

What're you gonna do when you break the 200lbs barrier and need 500-600g a day!?

As for the weight gain .. 40lbs in 6 months is a big, big ask if it's natural. All depends on your eating, training and most importantly, your genetics.

Focus on gaining 10lbs on muscle on top of what you've already got, then another 10, then another.. etc.

Weight gain fluctuates, one month you might gain 1lb of muscle, the next you might gain 10; as such it's impossible to 'plan' to gain so much in such and such a timescale.

Work towards the finish line, one pitstop at a time.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i either misread or mistyped in that last post, but 40 lbs in 6 months is still going to add a lot of unhealthy weight