Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Protein Shakes

WrEcKLeSS2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are protein shakes really necessary? I heard from a couple sources that they aren't necessary as long as you are eating foods that have a good amount of protein like eggs for example.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WrEcKLeSS2000 said:
Are protein shakes really necessary? I heard from a couple sources that they aren't necessary as long as you are eating foods that have a good amount of protein like eggs for example.

Did people get big and strong before protein shakes?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He asked if they were necessary... not if they're more convenient or easier!

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were necessary, but they're a very good addition to your diet. Put a scoop of whey protein in your smoothies if you don't really like taking it directly with water or anything else.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Did people get big and strong before protein shakes?
I did. :D

but then again, I had close to 15" arms before ever lifting a weight.

and no, they're not essential, not even post-workout. they're just convenient. if you can eat steak and eggs six times a day go for it, you'll get better results!

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regular sources of protein don't contain enough amino acids in a form that can be readily absorbed, and amino acids are the building blocks of protein. That's why the good brands contain glutamine and other compounds.

Plus, the bigger you are, the more inconvenient it is to get all the protein you need from food alone, since ideally you should eat at least i gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. I'm 230 lbs. Do the math. Thats a lot of eggs and tuna.