Protein on off days

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummm, this might be kinda stupid to ask, but do you all still take your whey protein on your off days? And if you do, since you arent working out, what is the best time to take it? Thanks alot in advanced.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rudygee2
Ummm, this might be kinda stupid to ask, but do you all still take your whey protein on your off days? And if you do, since you arent working out, what is the best time to take it? Thanks alot in advanced.
I don't, I just eat healthy. Seems to be working well for me...

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just consume as much protein as you do on your work out days. I've never heared about anybody that they took less protein on their off days...besides it wouldnt make too much sense to me as these are the days when your muscles grow. Maybe in theory it'd be a bit better to consume a bit more protein on your training days because your muscles are in need of protein after being "destroyed" by your workout, but on the other hand you could as well say that you should take at least as much protein on your off days as these are the days when your muscles really grow (during rest)...but I wouldnt overanalyze all this I think itd hardly make a difference.

Best time to take your (whey) protein: during the whole day, not just all at once. So drink like a protein shake after getting up in the middle of the day and before going to sleep..or just eat 6 or so healthy meals a day which are high in protein plus drink some milk (maybe mixed with a tad bit whey protein ;-)) and youll be fine. I say this because your muscles need protein throughout the whole day. I heared a good time to take your protein (maybe a few glasses of milk because milk protein is consumed really slowly) was right before going to bed because your body doesnt get protein during the night but should get protein every few hours (thats y u gotta take it throughout the whole day).