Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Proof Of Hypergamy!

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh the horrors!

Source: http://pjmedia.com/drhelen/2014/03/03/hypergamy-cars-and-phone-numbers/

In a carefully controlled experiment (Guéguen and Lamy 2012), researchers tested the idea of how important status is to women. They placed men in expensive cars and instructed them to approach women and ask for their phone numbers. Then they had the men do the same thing in medium- and low-status cars.

The results? The men were successful 23.3 percent of the time when women saw them in a high-status car, 12.8 percent of the time when they drove a middle-status car, and 7.8 percent of the time when they drove a low-status car. Clearly, women are monitoring our status, and we’re acutely aware of that fact.
I've also read studies where men with babies are more successful than men with dogs who are more successful than men all by themselves.

Moral of the story?

Borrow yourself a couple kids and a high priced car and collect some numbers!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a Maxim article ten years ago that tested guys' approaches with expensive cars, babies, and puppies as props. Cars beat babies, but puppies won.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering that they say a top level pickup artist is only successful 10% of the time, those are pretty good percentages. Even the low status guys didn't fare much worse.

Demodulate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly guys?

I dont know what we really learn from constantly posting this hypergamy stuff...

Of course woman want a man with a nice car, a big bank account, 6'2", etc...

They are all just fitness indicators, it is your biological imperative to mate with the best specimen you can.

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would a baby as a prop help? Isn't having a baby a minus to a woman as it means the man's resources are diverted away from her and any babies the man could have with her?

Or is it that a baby is proof of fitness? Another woman had the man's baby so he must be good.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demodulate said:
Honestly guys?

I dont know what we really learn from constantly posting this hypergamy stuff...

Of course woman want a man with a nice car, a big bank account, 6'2", etc...

They are all just fitness indicators, it is your biological imperative to mate with the best specimen you can.
My opening comment was a clue that my tongue was firmly in my cheek...

my personal belief is that girls move up the social and status ladder (hypergamy) as automatically and subconsciously as guys stare at younger girls with firm boobies....

kind of self evident

But speaking of hypergamy, my favorite quote on the subject comes from Matt Ridleys' "The Red Queen":

The problem with human sexual relationships is this: Girls are genetically programmed to want older, wealthy, powerful men. Guys are genetically programmed to want younger, attractive women. Problem is most guys aren't wealthy and powerful, and most girls aren't young and attractive.