Probably self-explanatory, but asking here anyway

Groblin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I don't usually make topics, but in my current inebriated state, I wanted to see if I may have been out of line.

So check it out, I was at a party, great time, we were all about to leave around 3 AM, this one girl (since we love rating girls I'll say she was about a 4, I refuse to say HB since she was not hot) was about to drive home, clearly still drunk. Now, she made the case that she lived right down the street and I say, "Hey, I know you live right down the street, but cops out here are ****ing HUNGRY for DUIs, they recently got a grant for that, you sure you want to drive?"

The reply I get is to the effect of, "DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND, YOU WANT ME TO GO OFF ON YOU?! I WILL!!" Which at that point I'm just like, "Hey, do what you want, I'm trying to prevent you from going through what I went through, but when you get pulled over, tell xxxx I said what's up." In return I get the, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME! DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!"
In response I just say, "The police department doesn't know you and they won't give a **** when they give you your DUI."

Obviously she gets pissed and storms out of the house we were at loudly (the owner came down and found out what was going on, told me I did the right thing), and this other dude who I shall call Captain White Knight, decide to tell me how he's had a DUI and if I had given him that warning he'd have fought me, etc. I'm thinking, "OK, so people just want to risk it, for sure, jail rules, right?!"

Anyway, everything fizzles out, DB4 (figure out what that acronym means) drives home, who knows if she got pulled over or not as well as Mr. White Knight.

Was I in the wrong for trying to prevent people from driving drunk? In the future should I keep my mouth shut, or is there a different approach I could take? Let me know what's up guys!

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick to your morals and principles. If you say the same line to 100 people, you will get 100 different responses. You did the right thing. Her drunk driving could kill someone else on the road who ISN'T a b!tch.

There are a lot of idiots in this world. Part of confidence is knowing when you are right, even if you're ridiculed for it.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** them. Good on you.

Mr. Bond said:
Stick to your morals and principles. If you say the same line to 100 people, you will get 100 different responses. You did the right thing. Her drunk driving could kill someone else on the road who ISN'T a b!tch.

There are a lot of idiots in this world. Part of confidence is knowing when you are right, even if you're ridiculed for it.
Amen, Mr. Bond.

Groblin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Bond said:

Indeed, it's just frustrating how self-centered people can be sometimes, namely on a topic like that, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way!

Your words of encouragement are much appreciated!

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Groblin said:
Captain White Knight, decide to tell me how he's had a DUI and if I had given him that warning he'd have fought me, etc.
If Mr. White Knight had given me THAT warning, he would have found my fist through his face. Just asking to get hit.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are going to learn that your opinion is the only one that matters. Time heals wounds like this and do some work self talking to yourself that you did the right thing. If you work hard you will have self-assurance not SO SUAVE-Assurance or any outside assurance. Good job talking about it though.