Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Preparing for my GCE O Level examinations. Advice needed.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I originally wanted to post this on the High School fourm, but since the main purpose of that place is to give/ask for advice about game and relationship stuff, i'm posting this here.

I'm well aware of the consequences preparing late and the after effects, so i've started my revision already (for some of the subjects) Many of you have been through this, and it'll be great if you could give me advice. Btw, my exams starts in mid-october.

I'm mainly concern that i might run out of time to complete my syllubus by my prelimenary exams (mid-september).

Geography* : 15 chapters
Social Studies : 11 chapters
Physics (comb) : 17 chapters
Chemistry* (comb) : 9 chapters
Additional Maths* : 12 chapters
Accounting : 21 chapters

A " * " means i've started revision already.

I plan to revise throughly 80% of every subject throughly by pre-prelims, meaning being able to handle questions at o level standard. How should i go about doing it? I find it hard to study every subject every week with homework and other commitments (very little). I'll finish my A math by April, Chem in May with the help of my tutor, but its the subjects that i dont have extra lessons that i'm worry about. Geog and S.S. needs a lot of memory work, and i fear that i do not have the mental capacity to commit every chapters to memory.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get bored by sitting and trying to memorize, so I have to be doing something. Usually I will write and re-write notes, condensing them each time. Flash cards are good, study aids as well. When I take practice tests, if I miss the question, I write out the fact I didn't know in my notes. My method is to keep doing something as much as possible without just sitting and staring at a book.

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Physics, Chemistry and Math is all stuff you need to understand, but only understanding will do you no good. You need to practice. Practice the formulas, the tricks, the trick questions where everything depends on your seeing a certain solution. Practice.

I know what I'm talking about, because I had very similar finals in school. All my profs at engineering school tell me the same.

I also had history, geography and social studies as oral exams. My advice: Read the newspaper, keep up on current events. One of my history questions was, for example: How does this compare to the US Presidential elections?
Be prepared to think outside the box.