Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Predicament

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, here is my question, well not really a question, but a scenario I am in, and would appreciate opinions.

Ok, so I was with a girl years back, one I really loved (honestly, as much as I can possibly imagine loving), we were together for over a year, until we had to break up due to geographical reasons. Anyways, she is moving close to me in a few months, is still in love and wants to see if things can finally work out between us. Like I said, I loved this girl more than anything and she was a great girl, however, there were a lot of dramas (more to do with being young I think than anything else), plus she is selfish in a lot of ways, although deep down, she does mean well.

Thing is, since then I have been with many many girls, and have had a few decent relationships, each one going for at least a few months or more. Although, about 6 months ago I met a gorgoues girl, who seems like the perfect girl for the long-term, she is knid, caring and totally giving, no selfish bone in her body. Furthermore, I also love this girl (only 2nd time I have ever loved a girl). Problem is, I dont love the girl I am with as much as the first one. The first girl was like something out of a movie, an absolute high, but then again, a lot more drama. Girl now, I love, and see as being a very stable partner for the future, the sparks are there, just not as intense.

So, my predicament is, break up with this one in a few months and see if I can make things work with the first girl. Or stay loyal to this one now (and just be friends with the first girl).

This decision obviously will change the course of my life and one I am taking very seriously (considering I have dated countless woman, and these are the only 2 I have ever loved). The one I choose, I want to try and make work for a long long time.

Opinions and past experiences?

Thanks.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Stay with the girl you're with now and see if it lasts. The other woman is willing to try again now and she'll probably be willing to try again later if your current relationship doesn't work out. If you try to be friends with the second girl (hanging out with her, etc) you will end up cheating on the girl you're with now.

My guess...you'll stay with the one you're with now but will cheat on her with the other girl. The current girl will find out (with the help of the other girl) and your decision will be made for you.

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Clooney,

It's a matter of who gives you the least problems? Your current girlfriend sounds like a keeper because she is a giver. They really aren't that many people out there that are giver's. I agree with Wyld on this one. Your first gal will be around. Tell girl number one you have been dating someone for a while and would like to see where this relationship is heading and if it doesn't work out, you can always go back to girl number one.

TS

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what the person on my iggy list said above, but heres a man's perspective. (BTW, thx for the link ERIC)

Three years ago, I broke up w/ "the one". About 3 month later, I met this amazing 19 year old. We had awesome chemistry, she made me realize I could actually still have fun and live an awesome life even w/out "the one". She was also amazing w/ my daughter. To this day, I still think Erin was the most amazing women, I've been w/, even though she wasn't "the one".

Well after seeing Erin for about 6 months, me and "the one" start talking. I went to visit her, being the AFC, I was at the time, after everything went well on the visit w/ "the one", I felt like I had to be honest w/ Erin and tell her how I felt about "the one" and that I had to be true to myself and pursue that option.

Well let me tell you, I never seen a women's world ripped apart so much. She was the best thing I ever lost, because I got sucked into this Hollywood version that there is "one" person out there for you and your going to live happily ever after.

Morale of the story, forget about that Bullsnit story about setting the dove free and if it comes back.

Why throw away a perfectly good women, for one that has obviously raked you over the coals in the past. Run away as fast as you can from her, think of all the heartache she caused you, and think of how girl number 2 hasn't screwed you over (yet) LOL, thats for another day. You may not have as much feelings for her yet, but if you don't want to be licking TWO wounds in a few months, forget about the EX, thats why she's an Ex. Don't even stay friends.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by MacAvoy
I don't know what the person on my iggy list said above, but heres a man's perspective. (BTW, thx for the link ERIC)
I find it quite ironic that this person chooses to ignore my helpful input on questions but gets a hard on over posters who offer nothing but complaining and never offers actual solutions or advice.

To each his own, I guess...

:crackup:

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY you have moved on to bigger and better things

stay with the LOW DRAMA model you got at the moment

now as to why you still love the old flame

yeah man i been there and that love runs deep

longing in the word i would use

i have a longing in my heart for the woman

but you also gotta take into account TIME

we forget alot of the bad things the human brain works like that

it is actually designed to repel bad memories and heal our hearts

are things REALLY as good as you remember them ?

when i think about my " the one " i can only think of all the good times

BUT i i sit for awhile and think real hard i can start to remember some of her worse habits and some of the f*cked up situations the b*tch got me into

if you get down to coin flipping here is a few acid tests for LTR

who would be a better mother to your children ?

the giving woman or the selfish woman ?

can either of these woman cook ?

AND I DON'T MEAN FROM JAR / CAN

i mean from scratch cause their mother showed them how

and do they LIKE TO COOK ?

talking the talk and walking the walk are two different things

but the most important thing for YOU CLOONEY is...

DO THEY SUPPORT YOUR LOVE OF ALL THINGS BOXING ?

that should sort the sheep from the goats ;)

best luck mate hope you play your cards right and win big

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Omni

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost In Translation, you hit it dead on.

Clooney, tell the old flame that you're seriously involved with another woman; if she says, "Best of luck to you, call me if you ever break up with her," hold onto her # for possible future use, because she's matured into a quality woman... but if she says, "So what, let's you and me give it a try," run like hell, because she's still into drama, and you don't need that in your life.

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clooney, I wish I could give you definitive advice but obviously I can't as I don't know these chicks or you. I think Lost in Translation gave you stellar advice that summed up some major deciding factors for you. So I'm not gonna bore you w/ things already said.

One other thing is I might take an objective look at the company they keep while away from you and perhaps their religious and political stances as well. Good luck.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Omni
Lost In Translation, you hit it dead on.

Clooney, tell the old flame that you're seriously involved with another woman; if she says, "Best of luck to you, call me if you ever break up with her," hold onto her # for possible future use, because she's matured into a quality woman... but if she says, "So what, let's you and me give it a try," run like hell, because she's still into drama, and you don't need that in your life.
Probably the best suggestion here!!!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks heaps for the advice. You all seem to have given the same advice (stick with the one at the moment), and just reinforced things I have already thought.

Thing is, I havent beleived in "the one" for a long long time. I just knew I had never been with a girl as passionately as the first girl. This second girl, I really do love, and she is probably the most giving girl I have ever met (other than maybe my bros girlfriend). I also thought, maybe she is giving because things between us are new, but I just have to look at how she acts towards her friends/family! Definately a giver!

Lost, good point, I also thought about how much each likes boxing, hahaha, not really, cause no girl likes boxing. The first used to get jealous of boxing, the second thinks its great I have something Im so passionate about and it seems to inspire her to find a great passion of her own. I also did think about forgetting the bad things, and I definately did forget some of them, like I said though, I think a lot of the drama was caused by me and her being young! But then again, drama is drama and I am better off without it!

As far as an update, I told the old flame I am with this new girl, love her and am planning to stay with her. The old flame just got real upset, and said, ok, Im happy for you (even though I could tell she was not, she was nearly crying).

MacAvoy, good point, I could also see the same happening to me. I know that if I actually do break up with this one, I will probably then realise how much I really did love her and that the grass is definatley not greener on the other side. As lost said, you seem to remember the better memories easier.

crowes, interesting point on political and religeous stances. Never thought of that. The first one is strict catholic (a virgin when I met her, only had sex with one other guy since, and that was a Long Term boyfriend). The one Im with now, not strict, and has had sex with numerous partners. So yeah, the first one is much more pure and probably even more loyal when I think about it. Second one though is far less selfish and far easier going. Hard choice, but one I have already made, definately staying with the current girl (just the thing about their sexual partners does worry me a little).

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY
The first used to get jealous of boxing, the second thinks its great I have something Im so passionate about and it seems to inspire her to find a great passion of her own.

GAME SET MATCH CURRENT GIRLFRIEND ;)

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**