"Power" move made by Univ. of Chicago males

pua1989

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-u-of-c-mens-groupmay19,0,4707353.story

A group of University of Chicago students think it's time the campus focused more on its men.

A third-year student from Lake Bluff has formed Men in Power, a student organization that promises to help men get ahead professionally. But the group's emergence has been controversial, with some critics charging that its premise is misogynistic.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
pua1989 said:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-u-of-c-mens-groupmay19,0,4707353.story

A group of University of Chicago students think it's time the campus focused more on its men.

A third-year student from Lake Bluff has formed Men in Power, a student organization that promises to help men get ahead professionally. But the group's emergence has been controversial, with some critics charging that its premise is misogynistic.

lol.. they gona have to hire prostitutes... cause females wont have anyone trying to resist their ***** power..

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pua1989 said:
But the group's emergence has been controversial, with some critics charging that its premise is misogynistic.
More often than not men already have the power professionally. Depends on the situation though.

I think alot of mans' problems are best dealt with internally rather than challenging the social power structure. Problems with women, problems with jobs, problems with school are often our own making and our own lack of balls.

Except for divorce and custody of course. That's some shameful ****e right there.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope they are misogynistic. That word is now unjustly equated with words like "torture" and "genocide" in our society.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out the comments: one woman called herself "Mom" claims: "Yeah women may earn more degrees, but they still make LESS money for the same position.
Sounds like insecure men... "

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Univ of Chicago is fvcking crap.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave to me seems very similar to this Men in Power thing.
We have a slightly different focus than professional success, but it all revolves around the male mind.
Yall should know by now, self improvement is one of the most amazing things you can do with your life.

I applaud Men in Power for showing male self-advocacy, the willingness to help men in need and the desire to succeed...man this is some underrated shyt!

But realize...if MiP is misogynistic, then feminism must be misandry.

Damn it, sexist discrimination is total nonsense.

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
A well overdue step in the right direction. Wasnt at all surprised either to see the female shaming tactics present in the comments below ("sounds like they all cant get a girlfriend" et el). Women really do struggle in general to form an intelligent debate when they're extremely shakey "facts" and ideology is thrown into question.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think alot of mans' problems are best dealt with internally rather than challenging the social power structure. Problems with women, problems with jobs, problems with school are often our own making and our own lack of balls.
i think it's more than that,
i think it's some mens fear of offending or angering woman.

you look at guys who are successful with woman and life in general,
they don't care if they anger/offend someone.

their actions and what they say are'nt limited to what won't offend/anger someone.

jocca said:
A well overdue step in the right direction. Wasnt at all surprised either to see the female shaming tactics present in the comments below ("sounds like they all cant get a girlfriend" et el). Women really do struggle in general to form an intelligent debate when they're extremely shakey "facts" and ideology is thrown into question.
the worst thing about it is people take shaming to heart,
and either hide in their shells like a bunch of turtles or start defending themselves.

shaming is nothing but small insults made by even smaller people.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reminds me of me of my stupid deputy-head of 6th form (college), who is a feminist. She tried to set up a feminist society in her old school, but was told that the school would then have to allow a male 'misogynist' society to represent both 'view points'. Faced with having to 'allow' misogynist to have a platform, she abandoned her idea.

School 1 - Stupid feminist 0

Good on these guys for standing up for themselves and not backing down to their critics.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phenomenal One said:
i think it's more than that,
i think it's some mens fear of offending or angering woman.

you look at guys who are successful with woman and life in general,
they don't care if they anger/offend someone.

their actions and what they say are'nt limited to what won't offend/anger someone.
I think it's the fear of being judged.
If somebody calls you out on something, and you defend yourself, you're protecting your self-judgement. When you defend yourself, you're doing so because you think the person calling you out is judging you and you're afraid of them getting a negative image of you in their mind.

To me, this raises the question: how do you deal with frustration?
One example that women commonly use is ASD, which is very tactical because it's also an SSI, communicating that they're not "easy" and not sluts.

What can men do to defend themselves though?
I'm not exactly sure how, but I know that it has something to do with power.
Anger, frustration and violence are not positive defenses. Power and influence are.