Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Potential rooming situation seems out-of-the-question on paper...

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently apartment hunting in the $500-$800 range so i can pay off my debts and I came across a rooming situation with a girl who is 24 and just recently graduated from college. The location and the rent is ideal. We haven't met yet, but have communicated by email and have already determined that we share common interests and could be very compatible. I looked her up on Myspace and wouldn't you know, she's a babe. We suggested meeting and me seeing the place later this week, but I can't see how a man my age (34) rooming with her (24) would work, what with the age difference and the potential sexual tension. I'm not sure why she would even be interested in having me as a roommate. She knows my age and gender...

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second the previous poster. If you're looking to add more mess to your life, do it. If you want to call your own shots in life, don't do it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with the other guys. I've never been a proponent to the whole roommate thing. I can't put any dollar amount on the concessions that are made to be roommate. At least if you were a couple there would be some fringe benefits. I'd look towards downsizing my living environment in order to be in control of it.

A king with a 700 square foot castle is like a king of a 7000 square foot one, they are both kings. Now, things change if you have to share your castle with a court jester and her minion.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to have my own space.

BUT, there could be an advantage to doing this for 6 months or so. KEEP IT PLATONIC. Don't make any moves on her. Use her to meet LOTS of other chicks. Don't let it get emotional. You can control the situation. Get yourself out of debt, live it up with her friends, and then get your own place. At the least, you come out better than you did before. Maybe after, you move out, you can put the moves on her.

Only problem you may run into, is if she meets some dude and he moves in with you.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to make friends and girlfriends is on your own, by your own merit. You can draw your lines of respect that way. That's not to say you can't do that in a roommate situation. But if you're using a roommate situation (because of your lack of merit) for the sole purpose of making friends/girlfriends, then these people will automatically disrespect you right off the bat since you've made them an integral part of your life so easily.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only problem you may run into, is if she meets some dude and he moves in with you.
Yeah, this is annoying enough when your male roomate's girl spends six and a half days a week at your place, watching your TV or whatever, while you pay half the rent for a 3 person place. It's a bit worse if you're attracted to a female who does the same.

I think we know you well enough to predict that you'll fall for this babe, and land yourself in an emotional world or sh!t.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep thinking - This is the SAME GtarPlayr who fell for the landlady's daughter. The same G/Playr who got all bent outta shape when SHE played mindfvck games. The same dude who --blah blah ..What are the chances that the same GtraPlayr will form a successful platonic working relationship with 24 year old " Babe ". The movie script is already written dude !

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I needed a place to live cause my roommate's girlfriend had moved in and they were having a baby. A friend of mine said "Hey, a chick I work with just got a divorce and needs to rent out a room to help pay some bills. AND she's got some big ass KNOCKERS. I'd hit it....hehe!"

Long story short.....we started fukking within a few days of me moving in, and BAM! Instant girlfriend.

She's a terrific girl and we still keep in contact to this day, but that's beside the point, I didn't need or want a g/f but I ended up with one out of default.

If I ever had to get a female roommate again it would be with the fugliest chick I could find. And I would make damn sure there was no attraction on her end as well.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought i'd update you. I rejected that rooming situation with the 24 year old girl outright. Instead, I am moving into a newly refurbished apartment of my own in a great location in a great town at a great price. I'm going to be walking distance from all sorts of options (restaurants, indie theater, my fave cafe, library, train station, waterfront, historic sites, college, etc). Location is everything and living in town will provide a much-needed boost to my life. My current location (of the past four years) has provided no stimulation or inspiration, what with it being small, sleepy, and 20 minutes removed from any action and I see now how much of a problem that vacuum has been for me. I may be an introvert, but i still need stimulating surroundings to thrive, so i'm very excited about this move!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GtarPlayr73 said:
Hey guys, thought i'd update you. I rejected that rooming situation with the 24 year old girl outright. Instead, I am moving into a newly refurbished apartment of my own in a great location in a great town at a great price. I'm going to be walking distance from all sorts of options (restaurants, indie theater, my fave cafe, library, train station, waterfront, historic sites, college, etc). Location is everything and living in town will provide a much-needed boost to my life. My current location (of the past four years) has provided no stimulation or inspiration, what with it being small, sleepy, and 20 minutes removed from any action and I see now how much of a problem that vacuum has been for me. I may be an introvert, but i still need stimulating surroundings to thrive, so i'm very excited about this move!
:rockon: Fvckin' great decision!!! :up:

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great news! Your life is going to get better and better the day you move into this place. Sounds awesome!

Just remember, don't "keep in touch" with the landlady's daughter after you move. A clean slate..get busy livin'!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you GtarPlayr.

If I ever had to get a female roommate again it would be with the fugliest chick I could find.

A former boss had that same attitude about his secretaries. He figured the best way to avoid a sexual harassment suit was to hire women who looked like Aunt Bea off the Andy Griffith Show.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
btw, one of the other tenants is a commercial pilot, so he and i can talk airplanes and he might even make a good...wingman. (How is THAT for an unavoidable pun?!)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job Guitarman.

Bible_Belt said:
Good for you GtarPlayr.

If I ever had to get a female roommate again it would be with the fugliest chick I could find.

A former boss had that same attitude about his secretaries. He figured the best way to avoid a sexual harassment suit was to hire women who looked like Aunt Bea off the Andy Griffith Show.
Yea, ESPECIALLY if you are in a position of power, this is a volatile mix that is bound to blow up in your face.

The boss almost always gets looked up to by male AND female employees. For men it usually means respect. For women it can and often does mean attraction.

If I needed an assistant or something it would be sooooo tempting to hire the hot 19 yr old college chick (I know sleazeballs who do this for that reason alone), but I know that chances are if I did hire someone like that we would be fukking sooner rather than later and that's not a good combo.

Any time there is money on the table you are better off NOT getting involved in that sort of situation with an attractive woman. End of.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GtarPlayr73 said:
btw, one of the other tenants is a commercial pilot, so he and i can talk airplanes and he might even make a good...wingman. (How is THAT for an unavoidable pun?!)

good stuff dude. glad to see you taking control of your life. things only get better the more you throw yourself out there.

and smart move avoiding the roomate thing. very smart move.

while it looks like a great scenario, it actually isn't.

not sure why any guy would want to live with a woman if he didn't have to ;)