Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Potential cure for cancer not getting media attention

protienpowder

Don Juan
Reaction score
So apparently they found the cure for cancer.

http://scienceblogs.com/terrasig/2007/04/perversion_of_good_science.php

There is a theory going around that this is being ignored by the media because pharmaceutical companies can't make profit off this drug. I am no scientist, so I have no idea what to make of this. But, from what I've seen, the articles show a lot of promise and I don't see much evidence stating that this drug is 'hype'.

Thoughts?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope I speak as the voice of reason but there is no panacean "cure for cancer"--any one particular cancer treatment is only effective for certain cancers--and medical history is littered with what were potential treatments for cancer which began as promising but time and further research revealed as otherwise. Media outlets are aware of these caveats and justifiably are responsible in holding off on good news until medical claims have successfully undergone thorough scrutiny, as among the worst acts you can commit is giving false hope to cancer patients; if you advocate compassion, you must prudently exercise silence. DCA may be promising and further research may be warranted but presently there are too many unaswered questions for jubilant celebration.

“DCA: Cancer Breakthrough or Urban Legend?”

The medical community and media outlets are full of doctors and journalists whom have friends and loved ones afflicted with cancer, and they themselves may face the same fate. They are earnestly eager to find cures to cancer and when they do they will share the news with the world. In the mean time, all anyone can do is wait.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point, Deep Dish.

Cancers are not all created equal, and different varieties respond differently to different approaches. But people who have essentially been "written off" certainly should not be denied access to any promising treatment for their sort of cancer.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
It's not just different types of cancer that respond differently to different treatments...individual people with the same cancer respond differently to the same treatment as well.