Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post your resolutions for 2006 and tell us which ones you've kept.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to join a gym did it and gained 35 pounds! Now it's more then just a resolution,it's a darn lifestyle. I'm no longer that "skinny white guy":rockon:

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice Cold said:
Title says it all.
Similar thread has been posted. No need for double post. BTW, I don't know about you but my next resolution is not going to be for 2006 but rather for 2007

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
Similar thread has been posted. No need for double post. BTW, I don't know about you but my next resolution is not going to be for 2006 but rather for 2007
Read it again then. :whistle:

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this thread counts as different, as it's a follow-up. Meaning, did you sufficiently satisfy your resolutions, or not? Cheating isn't a concern because in this case if you cheat you're only cheating yourself.

You can call this cheating, but I made goals that I figured that are easy, but not effortless. I figure that way I have a very good, but not perfect chance of completing them.

I also made a list that I posted near my door, so I'll see it nearly every day.

My resolutions for 2006 were:

1. Style: Cuss and swear less (can eliminate, but not necessary to satisfy resolution).

2. Plan: Figure out what I'm doing to do after Graduation from Junior College.

3. Money: Don't gamble during 2006.

4. Fun: Consume a $50 bottle of wine in a single night, no sharing allowed (have to drink the whole bottle, every drop).

5. Education: Complete my program at the Junior College in December (of 2006).

Let's see. Item One is the only subjective item on the list. All the others are objective, either I did them, or I didn't.

Success:

Item One: I feel that I have succeeded. It's difficult to evaluate, but I succeeded. Occasionally I still cuss, though not so much. However, it'll be very difficult to not cuss at all.

Item Three: Believe it or not this one was very easy. I didn't feel tempted at all, and no one offered if I wanted to play poker (the way I most often gambled with money). I never offered to others if I they wanted to play poker.

Item Four: Very easy. I was at a bar with a fairly good wine selection. I picked out a wine, whipped out the fantastic plastic (credit card), and started drinking it. That day I didn't have any other drinks before the wine just to be safe.

Item Five: I didn't think this would've been a problem, though I decided it was a good goal anyway. I completed the last of my classes, and I even got an A in each one. However, those particular classes were easy for me, though not necessarily for others.

Failures:

Item Two: I haven't yet figured out what to do. Now as a result of my tardiness in planning, I'm now stuck with taking no classes at all this Spring. This is terrible since A) I NEED to get a four year degree, and then think about a Master's, and B) I'm not getting any younger (I'm 21, and starting to feel that time is of the essence). The only thing that would exempt me from this is to win the lottery, invest, and live off the money. However, the odds of that happening don't even begin to approach nil.

This is due primarily to my reluctance to make plans that I can't be sure that I'm capable of executing. In theory is one thing, but in practice is another. The biggest issue is how to secure some job in the new town, since getting jobs have always been the hardest damn thing I've ever attempted. Filling out applications for schools, leasing an apartment, getting a new driver's license, etc. is easy. If I initiate those processes they will happen, guaranteed. There's no subjectivity.

There is a local university here, but I know that if I stay in this town I will NOT be happy. I won't explain why here, because then I'd derail the thread.

Overall:

I think I did pretty well, though I wasn't perfect. But then again, except for Item Two, I didn't choose any difficult goals.

2006 is not yet over, though it nearly is. Right now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do New Year's Eve, since I plan to go out of town and I don't know what I'm going to do if I get drunk (which I might).

It's possible, though not likely, that I can still satisfy Item Two in the next week. However, that's not likely, as I have more short-term concerns, such as New Year's Eve.

How about you? Did any of you complete all or most of your resolutions?

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't find them :(

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have made a list, and posted in on your bedroom door. That's what I did. Of course, whether you decide to take them seriously is your choice alone. However, posting it on or near your bedroom door means putting them in a place that's hard to miss.

Ben

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well I wanted to have a really hot friend and meet hot girls and I did. so im happy. and to be able to joke around them.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was too eat a 12 by 12 from In n Out.. sorry for those of you who dont know what In n Out is its only in California and neveda.. but god damn it ended up kicked my arse

honestly though I dont remember what the resolution was I made because I was drunk

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Almost two months into the year....discipline is the key

1) Going to the Gym every day at 7:00am, workin way hard
2) Still only drinking 3 times a week tops
3) Paid the IRS some back tax money and had them remove a lette from my credit report. Putting some money into a Roth IRA account (retirement's going to be a *****)
4) Trying out some new tequniques, lines, and locations (club season started feburary and I'm freshening up my connections) hard to tell if my game's gotten much better.
5) Prelude got sold from under me, ended up with the Celica GTS.
6) My room mate comes to the gym with me at 7:00am we train there now, the garage has been converted into a work shop.
7) Accepting calls from too much riff raff, blowing off shady people who ask or give me there number.
8) Still mainly eating fish, soy 3 times a week, vegetables 7, less milk, no red meat, no chicken, some lean turkey, no soda, low carb juice and V8.
9) Contacting some of the people who emailed and called me about my resume.
10) ...staying in vegas a few more months cause i got a promotion at my job...florida you're still on borrowed time. I'm comin for ya biatch!!
Wow were do I start...
1) I Don't work out EVERYDAY because I need rest periods. I am on solid workout plan and it shows.
2) I definately blew this one. I've actually gotten significantly worse in terms of drinking. I really need to focus on this one for next year.
3) This one's resolved. I'm doing well finacially and have several retirement plans in place.
4) It's hard to say if my game's gotten any better. I don't have any stardards to judge by. If anything I'm more tired then I was this time last year from spending so much time in the game.
5) I still have my celica. I want a new car but I'm not sure which one yet.
6) My room mate skipped town then came back. He's not my room mate anymore
7) I've gotten rid of alot of the shady people in my life, only to find newer even shadier people. I really need to work on meeting more quality people.
8) My diet is awesome end of story.
9) Love my jobs and only look for more work within my company.
10) I've decided to reside in Las Vegas for the duration. Sorry Miami, I love you but I'm a Vegas boy through and through. I'm getting a house here and I plan on staying.

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Capt.Jack Sparrow said:
It was too eat a 12 by 12 from In n Out.. sorry for those of you who dont know what In n Out is its only in California and neveda.. but god damn it ended up kicked my arse

honestly though I dont remember what the resolution was I made because I was drunk

IN AND OUT ****ING ROCKS!!! i moved from vegas and missed it every day, now i am back... i miss bojangles on the south east coast though.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Livinlifehard said:
IN AND OUT ****ING ROCKS!!! i moved from vegas and missed it every day, now i am back... i miss bojangles on the south east coast though.

Bonjangles? Nope dunno what it is ;(

but yeah In n Out is heaven for me... mmm just thinking about it..

thanks a$$hole you got me hungry, im gonna go get some in n out :kick: