Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post some advice

AspiringDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something that I thought about when reading my posts so far. You may notice that I don't give much specific advice on details of how to act when... or do such and such - that is not my specialty. The advice that I am going to give is going to be more along the lines of an educational exercise.

Firstly, all sorts of people come to this board, different ages, different experiences and different backgrounds. Some people are good at picking up, some aren't. Some need to learn about confidence, some about the intricacies of sex. However, everyone has something that they are good at, be it getting phone numbers or expressing ideas, as well as something to learn.

Remember at school when you were given something to study? You could just read it and try to memorise it, but didn't you always learn a lot more when you had to explain it or write about it? The advice that I am giving works on this principle.

Essentially, I think that you should post advice on this board. Help someone with their questions or post a new tip. Now, you might say that all the good advice has been posted, that may very well be true. However, it should be obvious that each person has a different style of thinking and writing. It is these combinations that might make your advice (which may technically be the same as someone else's) more useful to different people. For example, DonX says "don't be a wimp, just ask her for her number or consider yourself a loser" and DonY says "you have to set attainable goals for yourself and look forward to the rewards that you will reap, in this case, your goal should be to get her number". Which is better advice? Basically, it comes down to different strokes for different fokes.

It goes further than this. I have noticed that after reading through a lot of this advice, and posting my own, I am much more conscious of how I interact with other people, especially women. After reading advice enough, it starts to sink in. After writing out your thoughts, the advice becomes ingrained in your thinking process.

So, maybe you are a Pulitzer Prize winning writer and the elequence of your prose brings tears to the eyes of those reading it. Or maybe you are the bluntest man in the world and your shocking, simple words are enough to get through to the most dim or discouraged potential Don Juans.

The benefits of posting advice are four-fold. One, you put something in a new, possibly more helpful way. Two, you serve to help affirm in someone's mind that the advice is worthwhile because they have seen it multiple times. Three, people will continue to read the same old advice again and again because it continues to be put in new and interesting ways. Four, you remind yourself of the thoughts that you need to always have in mind and you test your understanding of it (further to this, you have to collect your thoughts into something lucid and comprehensive). And just maybe, you have something new or novel to suggest (it may turn out to be a revelation, when you thought that it was a stupid idea).

So, the downside is a risk of cluttering this board with redundant advice, but I don't believe this is a real issue. The really good advice is always available on the main web site, it gets a lot of replies on the board and so stays at the top or is included in the DJ Bible.

Furthermore, you don't have to post advice here. Maybe a similar BB somewhere else, or give advice to your friends. When by yourself, you could just write out your thoughts on the tips given here, sort of as a reminder. At very least, you can re-read the advice on this board, even as new posts pertain to things you have previously read about.

Some people already post all the time, that is great. But I'm sure there are a lot of people who are sitting around reading the advice thinking that they have nothing new to offer. I bet you do have something to offer, if not advice, then a question.

lc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey

here, here! To say all the good advice has been given & expressed in the perfect form is as ludicrous-in one sense-as saying all good music or books or movies has been created in the year 1972.

No. We all bring different ways of saying stuff & yeah, writing about mackin' has helped my game more than if I were still just a schmoe reading about it.

To be sure, try to put advice in a good form. I mean, Johnny Cochran coulda said OJ was innocent w/out rhyming it, but he rhymed & stood out from all the lawyers even if it wasn't a notorious case (& please don't ask me my opinion about that wretched case).

I guess what I'm saying is after time in the trenches, this is a good place to regroup & talk war because anything you have to write about you already begin to understand to a greater degree.

Besides, societal changes & other factors & stylistic preferences make for the need to say the same thing many different ways.

Redundancy? Maybe. But I try to write as well as i can when I post & I do review some of the topic material before I do, so I can say it fresh or get my answer.

peace out you dons. Don't 'settle' for the life/love you have unless you like it...enjoy & attain, guys.

lc