Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post-Acne question

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a question i would like some advice on. I have managed to pretty much stop my acne (the above skin and bumps parts) but now on my cheeks a little there are red spots that will not go away. I keep using this neutrogena 2.5 BP cream, but it does not seem to be helping. I was wondering if anyone else had solved this problem, and how they over came it.

I was also wondering if anyone could reccommend a good skin-repair/moisturizer lotion for my face too. Thanks in advance for the support.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you probably know, these are the marks from where the acne once was. Uv light (from sun) helps to take these away quicker, but it takes time. Beyond that I don't know anything else, but the main thing is stopping knew acne forming.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let the skin heal. Its like a wound.

How long does it take to heal a scar? Plenty of time. Leave it alone for a few weeks, your body does not have instant regeneration like on X-men.

If you don't see any improvement in a few weeks, see a doctor or a dermatologist.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
As you probably know, these are the marks from where the acne once was. Uv light (from sun) helps to take these away quicker, but it takes time.

Uh...sunlight DOES NOT help in the slightest. It will infact darken any hyperpigmentation and possibly make it permanent.

If you want them to fade naturally, wear sunscreen every day and keep up with you anti-acne routine. You should already be wearing a sunscreen daily if you're using benzoyl peroxide.

If you want to speed them up you need to speed up the rate of exfoliation, so you'd go for a topical retinoid or mid-strength acids, (salicylic, lactic, glycolic etc.).

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunblock sounds like a good idea. You want to protect the skin as it heals.

Keep using the antibiotic to make sure that there isn't an infection.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
simon said:
Uh...sunlight DOES NOT help in the slightest. It will infact darken any hyperpigmentation and possibly make it permanent.

If you want them to fade naturally, wear sunscreen every day and keep up with you anti-acne routine. You should already be wearing a sunscreen daily if you're using benzoyl peroxide.

If you want to speed them up you need to speed up the rate of exfoliation, so you'd go for a topical retinoid or mid-strength acids, (salicylic, lactic, glycolic etc.).

sunlight DOES help, but i agree, wear sunblock, what i'm trying to say is, don't stay indoors all the time or else you will look like a wow playing nerd.

and yes you could use salicylic acid, or a retinoid. i would recommend salicylic. i would not use a retinoid just to get rid of red spots, the side effects( flaking skin, redness, sensitive skin) is not worth it imo to speed up recovery by just a month or so. but i would definetely recommend some time of salicylic acid (mine is a lotion).

if you want to exfoliate, use a face mask.

i also hear good things about some green tree stuff forgot what it's called, and jojoba oil

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have this **** on my neck. Some are just red sploches that never go away, some are deep cystic acne that never surface and just remain hard balls under my skin causing discolration, bumps, and pain.

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
KnockoutJM said:
Hey guys. I have a question i would like some advice on. I have managed to pretty much stop my acne (the above skin and bumps parts) but now on my cheeks a little there are red spots that will not go away. I keep using this neutrogena 2.5 BP cream, but it does not seem to be helping. I was wondering if anyone else had solved this problem, and how they over came it.

I was also wondering if anyone could reccommend a good skin-repair/moisturizer lotion for my face too. Thanks in advance for the support.
When I was getting over my acne, I had this stuff too. I did alittle research on the net, and some seem to think lotion with AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) seems to help with getting rid of thes under the skin scars. The one Im using right now is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion. It specifically says it contains alpha hydroxy on the front. Now, I use this stuff, but I honestly cant say if it speeds up the healing processes. It very well might, but even with it, it still takes a long time to heal. Do alittle research on your own, and figure out if you want to try it or not. Theres really not too much to lose as its just a facial lotion and it doesnt cost too much (8 bucks maybe?). The only possible downside is that the AHA can irritate people skin, making it red and itchy. But that usually only happens when you first use it. Also, it makes your skin more sensitive, so going out in the sun with your face covered in it isnt a good idea. I just put it on before I go to sleep and wash it off in the morning.

Itishe - I get those deep skin cysts as well. It effing annoying, and I havnet figured anything out to get rid of them quickly. Luckily, they seem to go away after like 2-4 months, and if you are able to keep up a regiment of anti acne cream, they tend not to appear. The only times they appear for me is when I get lazy, and dont put on my benzoyl peroxide. And then I pay for it for a fourth of the year... they really arent too noticable, and mine rarely hurt...maybe a few days when they first appear because they grow in size so quickly. After the first week, and its just a painless hard bump that sits under my skin for months.