Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Popularity of Sports in Your Highschool

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, it's me again.:D I'm always curious.;)
Today's questions:

How popular are sports in your highschool?
What is the most popular sport in your school?
Are you in it?
What do you think about "track and field" popularity, audience, etc.

Well the reason I'm asking this is that here in Texas, football just blows other sports away. And for the other athletic guys that are good in other sports, -like basketball, baseball, or in my case track and field-, but not football, they simply get neglected. And it pisses me off. Why can't other athletic guys be in a pep rally instead of just football guys!!!

How bad is it? If you go to my highschool website and under athletics, you find all different kind of sports, which all lead to a different page. If you click football, lots of videos and pics and info. Other sports you ask? BROKEN LINKS, OUTDATED SCHEDULES, AND SOME DON"T EVEN HAVE A SEPERATE PAGE!!!!!

I mean shyt!!! I feel sorry for the other athletes, including myself, who are just as good or better, not getting a single friggin credit or encouragement as an athlete!!!!!

I hope your school is not the same. If you're not an athlete, it's hard to understand this feeling...watching the entire school cheer the football guys at where ever, while you're standing at the sides watching..not getting any compliments or mentions...

BTW I didn't really mean to get mad.. :) I heard that in Europe track and field rocks, lucky people.;) Anyway I feel somewhat better now.. Thanks for being a good reader! ;)

DJ-TrickY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course sports are popular at HS. The most popular sports at my HS is definately basketball. I don't think its the actual sport that becomes popular in schools, as to the success of the school in the sport. Our school had an amazing sr football and basketball team this year, so of course the whole school gets into it once they hear the accomplishments. I myself play basketball and volleyball. If you really wanna get noticed, you should join a fairly successful team.

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
My school is too small to have a football team so we have soccer tennis basketball track field and whatever small sports there are

Basketball and Soccer are the most popular, but our school isnt really a sports school either and we dont really have jocks since everyone just hangs out with everyone
I did field in 8th grade and golf in 9th I dont know what Im going to do this year maybe tennis

strams4ever

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also down in Texas, and yes football is taken seriously.

Sports are VERY popular.

Most popular sport is FOOTBALL...

I'm involoved in it... I love it

Track&Field is pretty cool, here at least...

But don't do Track&ield for the sole reason you want to be popular.. cause if you do... its going to suck.. Do it because you have love for the game.

Goodluck

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Biggest at my school are probably football, basketball, and baseball. Soccer is real big too because we have on of the best teams in the country. Our football team isn't great, so most of the individual players don't get much recognition (unless they're one of the better ones), but the games are the most popular school events to go to. In terms of individual attention to the players, basketball is definitely the biggest.

gravstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Golf all the way.
It not only pays me greatly but its mad fun. Im already rich from this mad sport.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea live in texas too, football is the ****ing **** here.

Basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, and track athletes do get neglected, but i dont give a **** cause i dont do any of them.... I do boxing outside of school, going amateur really soon.

A lot of the hot *****es at my school do track, and then the guys that are too skinny to do football, do track

strams4ever

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
yea live in texas too, football is the ****ing **** here.

Basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, and track athletes do get neglected, but i dont give a **** cause i dont do any of them.... I do boxing outside of school, going amateur really soon.

A lot of the hot *****es at my school do track, and then the guys that are too skinny to do football, do track
LOL! same here, all the hot girls play volleyball (not the fat girls) or run track. Where in Texas you live?

brad67

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey and lacrosse... in that order

football is probly second to last besides track and field

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I am going to try for basketball. It is pretty popular in Kentucky. But yeah sports are easy if you are confident and have some skill.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by strams4ever
LOL! same here, all the hot girls play volleyball (not the fat girls) or run track. Where in Texas you live?
im from houston. ****ing football gets on my nerves sometimes....i dont know what the **** is so great about it and why if you play football you automatically get pvssy.

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they atamaticly get some......... you better hit the wieght room then! :):D :D

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yes. If your school is any school worth going to, they have a gym. You should find a way to go to that gym. I mean it is free and I for one am not made of money. I plan on using the schools gym and saving $40 a month. It's the smartest thing I have ever done. lol

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
football players dont automatically get puzzy just because theyre big and bulky, but for what they do....football is the cool thing to do....

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in italy we play sports outside of school. school teams are there just for fun and they are nothing serious as in the USA.
most popular school sport is undoubtedly volleyball, then it comes track and field (and athletics in general), then soccer and basketball.

outside school, in my city basketball is very popular and so is soccer. lots of people also play tennis and volleyball. rugby is gaining popularity

i'd like to see surf as a school sport;)

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
in my hs football was definately the biggest sport because we were known nationally as one of the top football programs in history but more recently we've become known as a basketball school and have been recognized nationally. wrestling was also very popular because again we were nationally known for it, in baseball we've had quite a few pros come through the program. however lacrosse seemed to be really popular for anyone not playing baseball and i personally ran track. i know a lot of the better football players ran like the dbs, wrs, and running backs while the linemen and our qb did the throws. all the sports were pretty popular among everyone but football was definately the biggest and most popular.

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh I'm not really a sports person, more so a Musician :). But yeah sports are pretty popular here. Everyone love some good ole football down here in Texas.

gbpackers

Don Juan
Reaction score
football was huge in my school we won the nj state championship at giants stadium.