Pook: "Women want smart guys but not 'melancholy' filled philosophic guys". Your opinion?

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really do NOT believe that a sense of humor is needed. It can help--much like an exceptionally fit physique or a 12-inch c0ck or 500k bank account.

But it's not needed.

There are no humorless millionaires or famous people.

I'm convinced that ANY chick will laugh at Bill Gates' jokes.
I agree with the status thing. It's certainly a consideration. I'm not convinced any girl will laugh at Bill Gates' joke though.

It's a multi-dimensional thing. Too many guys are looking for the silver bullet. Where actually a real man has a whole round of silver bullets that he fires constantly.

To score a 10:

-Looks and/or physique are definitely a thing.
-Money is another.
-Social power/status (greater than hers) is definitely a thing.
-Sociability and humour are a thing.
-A wide, resourceful and reliable social circle is a thing.
-Trust and admiration from others (especially women) are a thing.

For me, it's not a case of having a semi-automatic, rather a more complete arsenal, so to speak.

Status is just one consideration for the highest calibre girls. As it should be for the highest calibre men. A girl can be the Princess of fckn Atlantis for all I care, but if she looks and/or acts like a dog sh!t sandwich, I'm not game. Same goes for girls, I think.

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Elliot Hulse is literally retarded. He's just a bullsh!tter.
It's so hit and miss. Some of his videos are really interesting while some of his other stuff is way too spiritual and metaphorical for my liking. He is one of those guys who are overdoing it with the self-improvement talk. I guess, he used to give the best advice in his oldest videos, then he ran out of things to talk about and started giving spiritual & poetic advice in order to keep making bank on youtube. I could be wrong though. Maybe he's just a poetic guy by nature.

Nowadays, I prefer watching the Hodgetwins because their videos just entertain me better and get me in a good mood. It's like sorrows and sadness don't exist in their world and, although I know that they do exist, they always seem to have a great time, make themselves laugh, and boost their own state, which really inspires me. If I was a woman, I guess I'd prefer the Hodgetwins too. Their wives must be on LMAO mode 24/7. Life is hard enough already. Why spend your time thinking about deep, philosophical questions which make you ponder your life decisions when you could just as well enjoy your time on this planet?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
This is what Pook writes in his book:

"Years ago, I was at my 'most natural state' when I would rant about philosophy, politics, economics, and so on.

As you can imagine, this bored the women (women want smart guys but not 'melancholy' filled philosophic guys). My actions were so 'intellectualized' that women saw through everything (or used me in some way)."

Do you think that "intellectual conversations" damage your chances with a woman? I guess there's some truth to it, since sexual attraction is primarily based on the physical connection between men and women, not on the mental connection.

I also witnessed quite often that those guys who are like "STFU" when somebody tries to initiate a deep conversation, are often successful with women. Their superficiality seems to be rewarded, which, I guess, is due to the fact that they are doers instead of dreamers.
You can as "intellectual or melancholy" as you want, as long as you are useful to her. Don't rationalize with women and don't think because you talked about philosophy or economics she was bored and dropped you. She will sacrifice anything for use. Woman have their own agenda and they only care about what you can do for them.

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woman have their own agenda and they only care about what you can do for them.
Red Pillers say that women have intrinsic value to a society because of their fertile wombs. Just by being born, women are useful to society. Men have manufactured value to a society. You're only useful in so far as you generate value externally. Nobody cares about you as a person, they care about what you can do for them. What do you think?

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Societal advancement has really stagnated. It's caught up bad in makers vs takers syndrome.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really do NOT believe that a sense of humor is needed. It can help--much like an exceptionally fit physique or a 12-inch c0ck or 500k bank account.

But it's not needed.

There are no humorless millionaires or famous people.

I'm convinced that ANY chick will laugh at Bill Gates' jokes.
Until right after the wedding.

Women involuntarily respond to a good sense of humor. Inducing laughter in a woman is akin to giving her mini-orgasms. Laughter is an emotional release for women, and it serves to associate you with good feelings and therefore increases her sense of bonding with you.

A sense of humor is like relationship epoxy. It is a drug for her that she becomes addicted to. An addiction of good feelings, mini orgasms (aka laughter) and a sense of closeness is a powerful addiction that becomes hard for her to envision walking away from.

Bayne05

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more about your conversational skills. Being philosophical is fine as long as both of you are engaging on the subject and not just you going on about something she has no clue about. Woman hate being bored, you shouldn't be talking too much about yourself unless she specifically asks you to tell her more.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with "intelligent" conversation is that it's usually forced upon by the guy. Usually, guys who claim to be intelligent are quick to show their lack of social intelligence by trying to be all deep.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with "intelligent" conversation is that it's usually forced upon by the guy. Usually, guys who claim to be intelligent are quick to show their lack of social intelligence by trying to be all deep.
actually the problem is that intelligent conversation can only be had with intelligent people, dumb people will think you're a nerd.

SuckItUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what Pook writes in his book:

"Years ago, I was at my 'most natural state' when I would rant about philosophy, politics, economics, and so on.

As you can imagine, this bored the women (women want smart guys but not 'melancholy' filled philosophic guys). My actions were so 'intellectualized' that women saw through everything (or used me in some way)."

Do you think that "intellectual conversations" damage your chances with a woman? I guess there's some truth to it, since sexual attraction is primarily based on the physical connection between men and women, not on the mental connection.

I also witnessed quite often that those guys who are like "STFU" when somebody tries to initiate a deep conversation, are often successful with women. Their superficiality seems to be rewarded, which, I guess, is due to the fact that they are doers instead of dreamers.

Let me know your thoughts!
Intellectual doesn't usually = emotional hence what Pook stated was correct women want men who can spike their emotions. Replace intelligent conversation with witty playful banter.

While intelligence conversations hold value they easily can venture into the realm of boring even if the woman raises the topic and is an "expert".

Think about it ... does talking about Middle East politics stimulate desire .... Nope.