Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

plumbing i need answers and folks wanting me to, the trades

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is there anyone here a plumber or has gone to school or now any info on being a plumber. for some reason my folks want me to go be a plumber-25 yrs old been going to school all my life-never even worked for too long or at all, since i finished HS-first went to cap college for a yr to do computers finished that and now is doing business management at langara,-going to complete that pretty soon. after that folks are like what are u goin to do-i'm like pursue a business degree-just have to do 2 more yrs-if i have to go for more school, they for some reason want me to go into plumbing b/c plumbers make mad money. have a plumber come into ur house to get a water tank installed-its like 400 bucks and they do it in like 30 minutes and they charge like 250 for labour or so. they just want me to get into the trade b/c of money. so its like i have 3 careers now if i do plumbing- computers, business and if i do plumbing, wowo i am the jack of all trades.

i don;t want to go into another profession i am so old i have to work. what do u guys think of my situatiuon and what do u think of plumbing in general. even at langara i feel it-every ones like 19 20 yrs old all young. i just have to find work that is related to my field and my folks would leave me alone. any advice pleasesss

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know any well off plumbers... I would try for something more (go to more school, etc)

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most plumbing courses are pre-employment so it isn't a prerequisite like a IT job. i didn't finish it, because of the math involved even though plumbers don't use math(time is money) and i still got into a plumbing company. most beginner's start off at hot water tanks and it can be awesome money.but it is actually hard work. setting up or fixing something isn't hard. but when you have to replace a hot water tank from somebodies house ...the things weigh like 200 pounds from all the calcium build-up and if you are bringing it through a rich persons home and it is leaking on their beautiful carpets, it is not fun listening to the client complain. also since the tanks are heavy you'll leave the occassional scuff on the walls and they get mad at you.

but the beautiful thing about plumbing is if your working for a power company they pay you by the visit and if you walk into somebodies home and there electrical isn't up to code, you tell the customer that they have to call an electrician and then you'll come back in a few weeks. easy 200$. if somebody has a messy house or they have an older hot water tank in their closet and you can't fit it in they have to call a carpenter and you get to leave and you make an easy 200$ without touching a thing.. sometimes if i was hungover and the job looked tough i just made up an excuse and said their house was a hazard and i refused the job and i made an easy 200$. i wasn't the only one who did stuff like that.

you have to think....people have to crap, so in the long run plumbers will be here till the world disappears. people need their pipes fixed, new houses built.
and for the people that think liquid draino works...your being ripped off.

i just got censored for spelling hot water. look...ho****er

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
They want you to go into plumbing because your name is Joe, perfect career for you.

Nah, j/k. They want you to go into plumbing because you are slow.

Seriously, you know computers, you know business administration, you know a lot of sh1t, and you have no practice, not only that you are considering to go plumbing. You must be slow, or else retarded.

For any job, Joe, there is basic learning and then experience. Then something else, your success depends on how much fvckwit you have in you. If you have none, i.e. you are a total AFC, people will ride you, and you will end up fat, fvcking a fat chick, and being a fat a55 plumber, or whatever. If you however, know how to swing it, then you can be very successful with plumbing. Maybe even have a house and a beautiful wife, kiss her every morning as you go to unclut another toylet. Sh1t Joe, your kids will proud of you! I can just picture fvcking your low self esteem daughter, shed take it up her a55 just becuase her daddy is a fvcking plumber!

NO. Plumbing is not a good idea. Owning a plumbing business might be a good idea, but then youd be a boss, not a plumber.

Again, fvckwit. Get it, or get used. Either have value for yourself, or people will assume you are cheap and can take it up your a55.

I worked for a fvcking company in my AFC days, I was the first one to have a bonus in only 2 months of work. More bonuses later. But I was ridden and treated like a piece of sh1t. In the end, I never got a raise, and got fired after all that I did for them. In this life, nobody does anything for you, especially if you are nice. But you get everything if you are a fvcking fvckwit that only thinks about himself..

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my ex is a plumber, he makes bank. im jealous....

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
But he still is your ex and you are a low quality woman. Need to learn how to capitalize letters, could indicate that you never went to high school or got your GED.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plumbing is for fat guys that show their butt cracks.

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
plumbers in australia make crazy money, infact all trades here make tonnes due to a skilled tradies shortage. plus coz of water problems plumbers currently have more work than they can handle, so in other words, move to australia

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilled trades shortage in Australia?

What the fk am I doing in the insane U.S. of A???

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Construction industry is more lucrative here than it is there. I went to seminar here once where the speaker had spent a couple years in U.S. of A and said that your construction industry is crazy and build quality is cheap because its focused on speed plus your labour is cheap as. We have minimum wages here that even the basic most useless labourers need to get also due to our isolation we dont really have many illegal immigrants.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've seen this SOOOOO many times.....usually with chicks

pay crazy money to go to school...fish some psychology/criminology/busness/computer/beutition crap, and then go work in the factory....

good luck, mr plumber.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
But he still is your ex and you are a low quality woman. Need to learn how to capitalize letters, could indicate that you never went to high school or got your GED.
excuse me djslvt...you are a low quality human being that needs to learn to spell your own name (which could indicate that you are still in the 4th grade) before you criticize others.
plumbers can make great money, it is a trade that a computer will never replace.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Ok pan kitty, I didnt mean to offend you. Dont scratch on me.

Thinking about what being a plumber means, it is not a white collar job. Can a #10 or #9 woman date a plumber? Perhaps, can she marry him? Highly unlikely.

If seduction science is like Ninjutsu, then being a plumber is like being a fat ninja.

Plumber does not give you status, it bring you label of something of a low quality. That's what it is, I dont want to offend anybody. A welder is a good career too, and it has a bit of a better label.

Bottom line, being a plumber, or a welder, or an MCSE (<--------- MCSE + Cisco), or even an ameriprise financial advisor will make you live a regular life and die a regular death after a regular retirement. It takes something different to make a lot of money and live your dreams, financially unrestricted.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
Thinking about what being a plumber means, it is not a white collar job. Can a #10 or #9 woman date a plumber? Perhaps, can she marry him? Highly unlikely.
plumbers are needed everywhere. every home, every business will eventually need a plumber at some time. do you know what my ex husband charges to make a service run? $90 and hour. that is without actually repairing anything. there are some rich guys who have started their own plumbing businesses and started small, that wind up with several locations and they become the white collar guy who pays his employees to do the blue collar work.
and if a woman does not want to date you because of the type of job you do, then she is not worth your time and trouble!!!

djSlvt said:
Plumber does not give you status, it bring you label of something of a low quality. That's what it is, I dont want to offend anybody. A welder is a good career too, and it has a bit of a better label.
you are offending all the regular guys who are reading this.
welders, plumbers, masons, carpenters, electricians hvac guys are not going to have their jobs taken away to be outsourced to other countries whereas alot of other professions are and those guys end up sitting in line down at the unemployment office.
not everyone wants to be a white collar guy.
there is nothing wrong with a blue collar guy.
jesus was blue collar and if blue collar was good enough for him, hey don't knock it.
some people are better with their hands, or better at building things or just better at repairing things than others.they are comfortable working in jeans and a t shirt.
other guys yearn for a job in which they can put on a suit and tie and go out into the corporate world. [/QUOTE]

djSlvt said:
Bottom line, being a plumber, or a welder, or an MCSE (<--------- MCSE + Cisco) will make you live a regular life and die a regular death after a regular retirement. It takes something different to make a lot of money and live your dreams, financially unrestricted.
what is your profession? how many dreams have you already lived out that only that profession could provide you, unrestrictedly?

how many independently wealthy individuals do we have on this site, that can live out their dreams unrestricted without working hard to get there?

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
STFU! Im just kidding, I dont want to get into war with kitty. If you good maybe we can lay on a tree branch together or something. Im an illegal alient, an although I have some extreme training and had worked for a lot of good people, I was unable to achieve anything good in this life so far. Being a plumber could be nice, but I want to do some international technology for a chance, not just american standard, so I can travel different countries and meet different chicks, if you dont mind.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
STFU! Im just kidding, I dont want to get into war with kitty. If you good maybe we can lay on a tree branch together or something. Im an illegal alient, an although I have some extreme training and had worked for a lot of good people, I was unable to achieve anything good in this life so far. Being a plumber could be nice, but I want to do some international technology for a chance, not just american standard, so I can travel different countries and meet different chicks, if you dont mind.
if you are an illegal alien, who wants to better his life to be able to travel one day, why did you knock this guy's thread in the first place?
maybe he wants to be able to travel one day too, or perhaps just pay off all his bills.
heck, i dont even want to be a plumber but i know they are hard workers and they can have the potential to make good money after they are experienced.

when they start out, they dont hardly make anything. plumbers helpers are lowly paid. however, with hard work and experience, one day they will become a plumber and make more money. once they become well known in the area and profession, they can start up their own business and with in three to five years, be able to pick and choose the jobs they want to take. they will make enough to be comfortable. if they continue to do well, they can stop doing business out of their homes and open an actual office/shop. they will be able to purchase more trucks and hire plumbers to do the work. their name will have a reputation by then for dependability and jobs done right.

out of alot of professions, it is one that you can actually succeed in.

that is all i was saying, and i think that if someone was looking at their long term, they should know this.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being a plumber, and I have had to cough up big bucks to pay a couple of them before, so I know there is money there, but keep in mind that at the end of the day there probably won't be much room for advancement unless, as others have said, you start bidding jobs and hiring people to work for you. But that's another headache altogether....

My dad has been on construction for a long time, and I know he has made decent money. I also know from firsthand experience that it's some hard work.

Just remember, WHATEVER you choose to do for a living, chances are 99.9% that it WILL NOT make you financially secure. It's what you do OUTSIDE of your job that can make you wealthy (unless you own a decent size business or are a full time investor, that is).

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fluffy said:
plumbers in australia make crazy money, infact all trades here make tonnes due to a skilled tradies shortage. plus coz of water problems plumbers currently have more work than they can handle, so in other words, move to australia
ya i was just goin to say, in ireland its the same way. in ireland university tuition is free, so everyones got a uni degree and no1 knows da trades

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
plumbers are fat? last time i checked alot of IT students are fat pimple faced geeks. call me crazy but the only time i got fat was when i had a desk job at my fathers doctors office. after i went back to plumbing and started going to the gym the pounds melted off me.

the good thing about being handsome in the plumbing industry is you get sent to the rich peoples houses because they trust goodlooking people more. to bad they got more money than brains because i take my time when i am at their houses to get the job done(gameboy ds). i used to work for commission but that takes speed. i like to take my time and rack up the dough. also plumbing most times has nothing to do with sh@t. it's mostly ho****er tanks. fixing leaks. if your a rookie...then the experienced guys will refuse the jobs and you'll get them.

the main point is do what you think will make you happy. if money was everything, then why do rich people have a high divorce rate. money in plumbing is great and if you live in canada...then go to alberta. journeymen make about 60 to 70 bucks an hour at fort mcmurray. hell even working at burger king in fort mcmurray they make 16 bucks an hour.