Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please help me understand this girl????

Napolean Dynamite

Reaction score
So I went out with this girl a couple of times and I ended up really liking her. A couple of fridays ago we were supposed to go out for our 3rd date but she texted me to cancel because she said she had been ill for most of that week. Well we rescheduled for the following monday. Mon comes around and she again sends me a message saying she was still sick and couldn't make it.
By this time I start to smell BS, unless she had TB I cant see her being sick for that long. Anyway, to give her an out I sent a message back telling her how I felt about her and if she felt the same let me know and we'll continue. I figured this puts the ball in her court and it was an easy out for her if she didnt want to see me again but just didnt know how to tell me and also, I was able to be straight with her about how I felt. Well I didn't hear anything from her for over a week until yesterday when she sent me this message on myspace:

Hey, Merry Christmas!

Thanks again for taking me to see Joel Osteen. I know I haven't seen you since, but I did have a nice time and it was really thoughtful of you to take me. Hope all is going well with you.

Talk to ya soon,
name deleted

So i dunno what to think now. I gave her an oppurtunity to cut communications with me if that was what she wanted. We haven't talked for over a week and she has now reinitiated comms. Do you think this is meaningless or is there something to this? Keep in mind the date she is referring to was Nov 30, the last time we went out a month ago. What do you think I should do?

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what did you guys do on your first two dates? did you kiss her? how was the vibe?

that message is so friendly, it seems like there was very little attraction and very little connection

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not too well-versed in the pick-up arts, but I can tell you by experience you need a friendly little thing called a "DTR" right at this point. Why? So she doesn't lead you on anymore than she already has.

Call her up and ask if she's got a minute. Then, tell her "hey, I really want to get to know you, but if you're not interested it's cool. I just need to know."

Directness in this type of situation always worked out good for me, but listen to some other suggestions before you go along.

Peace.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think she's leading him on dude

based on the fact he's still thinking about a girl he hasn't seen for a month and that message is as neutral/platonic as it gets, there's probably some miscalibration thing going on during his dates

help the guy recognize his weaknesses. I think it goes back to the first couple dates and what he didn't do

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are just as clueless as the movie character referred to by your username.

Next her. Move on. You've got other, better things and people to worry about.

You only had two dates. You don't like her. Let me repeat that...You don't like her. You only like the idea of liking somebody.

If she was interested, she would've figured out another way to see you even if she was sick for that week. Maybe she would've saw you the week after or the week after or the week after...you get the point?

She is craving for attention from you at this point because she knows you are capable of giving it to her.

Think about it. Why would she sent you such a neutral, unromantic message on myspace? How do I know it's a neutral, unromantic message? Try this. Would you send that same message to your grandmother if your grandmother had taken you to see Joel Osteen? The answer is pretty obvious, isn't it?

Like I said before, at this point, just move on. You've got other things to worry about.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait...

You took her to Lakewood Church to see Pastor Joel Osteen in action as part of a date? :confused:

And there's a guy named The Deacon posting in this thread...

I think shenanigans are afoot fellow Sosuavers.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind doth move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears,
Ah! she did depart!

Soon after she was gone from me
A traveller came by,
Silently, invisibly,
He took her with a sigh.

-- William blake --

Looks like willy knew the score. I know I'm started to sound like a broken record on this forum, but neverless: you shouldn't tell a girl how you feel (especially like that). Obviously you'd fvcked up before that anyway. Let this one go, see it as an opportunity to improve yourself, and read the dj bible my man!