Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please help me out with this Co-worker problem im having!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in a retail store doing sales. Although we dont officially work for this electronics store, we do sell cable services for another company within it.

We sell Cable services to customers that buy TVs n such.

I have 2 other co-workers who constantly show up late and leave early, but still clock in their full hours. I dont think this is very fair at all, sure i have had my share of times where i was late to work but not like them.

The first coworker, we'll call her "Hood girl", constantly shows up 1-3 hours late everyday.

The other co-worker, whos this lazy dude, is better at showing up almost on time but likes to leave early. This guy this pretty uneducated and lacks the ability to do his job efficiently. Sometimes, i even have to finish his work orders for him because he doesnt know how to do something when entering in a sale or he just too lazy to do it properly. He doesn't like to approach customers to make a sale and most times always waits for another retail associate to give him a "hand to".

Now the problem...

We are paid on an hourly basis plus a "Team Bonus" at the end of each month where we get paid out on top of our hourly rate if we hit the top sales bonus.

How we would get the sales. We either:

1) Approach customers and try to convince them to sign up.

2) We are given "hand to's" by other retail associates in their respective departments. (Hand to's count for about 75% of our sales made inside the store)

or

3) Outside through friends and networks.

Things have been going good for awhile and weve been hitting our top bonuses. But starting next month, our pay structure is changing and we will be on a commission structure.

How do you deal with lazy Co-workers you dont trust?

We are going to be on a commission structure soon now they are pretty juiced about it. They are talking about how they have all these friends they are going to sign up and its great, and how they are going to "get theirs by any means necessary".

Now the problem is, we only have one main area on home theatre where all the transactions go down...these are where mostly all the "hand tos" are given at as well. Hood Girl is always there behind the computer because she doesnt like approaching customers. She says that it "works for her"...but it leaves the other co-workers at a disadvantage because if they are out on the floor....they are extremely limited to the hand tos they get if they are not in the area in home theatre where the computer is..

What do i do about this girl who doesnt want to move around and hogs the computer to get hand tos?

Also for the other lazy dude, im not worried about him or his sales skills because to be honest, the guy is pretty illiterate and cant sell for sh!t.

I've tried communicating issues of fairness to them, and i've made it clear that if any of them ever tried to steal my sale or take one of my customers i've talked to the day before or when im not there, all hell will break loose.

How do they reply?

Hood girl: "Well if theys dont ask for youz then too bad, they gotsta ask for you" "If you ever try ta keep me from feedin mah babies theres gonna be a problem"

Lazy Co-worker: "It is what it iz mang...wHOO im bout to get mines! I got the other co-workers in my pocket!"

I know not to let them get to me, but its hard when im trying to do everything right and being fair and theyre not complying.

I've tried to address issues about them being late and how its not fair to my manager (we dont have a direct manager in the store) but that if i keep doing that and they find out i said something...they would take it as me being a "Snitch" and "Hatin on them"....theyre not the most educated or mature people (ghetto).

I think theyre even upset that i have address the issue of not being responsible if they are late and they are trying to side with to each other to go against me.

Opinions?...Im trying to just ignore all this and focus on my own sales? I guess i feel that to a certain extent i have been carrying this team and now that were going be on commission, they wanna start playing dirty and it bothers me. I hope things pan out.

cavedweller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Working in sales is always 'tuff'..

Hang in there...Management will catch on to them soon..

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You said she always comes late, right? You might need to post up in the spot before she gets there.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Ken,
Congratulations old mate!.....You have won the So Suave leather medal for the most irrelevent Post of the year it will be posted to you soon,complete with a complementary set of steak knives....Keep up the good work.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear Ken,
Congratulations old mate!.....You have won the So Suave leather medal for the most irrelevent Post of the year it will be posted to you soon,complete with a complementary set of steak knives....Keep up the good work.
LOL so true.

Hey guys I have a question about how to dismantle a Chevy engine.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Get a new job where you dont work with scumbags

sounds like they hire anyone

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me guess, you work at Best Buy right?

The correct approach in this situation would be to address your concerns with the stores management team. It's the manager's responsibility to address and discipline unproductive employees not you.

I would also recommend doing whatever possible to get out of retail. I worked in retail for 4 and a half years and felt like being in a prison everyday.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
I work in a retail store doing sales. Although we dont officially work for this electronics store, we do sell cable services for another company within it.

We sell Cable services to customers that buy TVs n such.

I have 2 other co-workers who constantly show up late and leave early, but still clock in their full hours. I dont think this is very fair at all, sure i have had my share of times where i was late to work but not like them.

The first coworker, we'll call her "Hood girl", constantly shows up 1-3 hours late everyday.

The other co-worker, whos this lazy dude, is better at showing up almost on time but likes to leave early. This guy this pretty uneducated and lacks the ability to do his job efficiently. Sometimes, i even have to finish his work orders for him because he doesnt know how to do something when entering in a sale or he just too lazy to do it properly. He doesn't like to approach customers to make a sale and most times always waits for another retail associate to give him a "hand to".

Now the problem...

We are paid on an hourly basis plus a "Team Bonus" at the end of each month where we get paid out on top of our hourly rate if we hit the top sales bonus.

How we would get the sales. We either:

1) Approach customers and try to convince them to sign up.

2) We are given "hand to's" by other retail associates in their respective departments. (Hand to's count for about 75% of our sales made inside the store)

or

3) Outside through friends and networks.

Things have been going good for awhile and weve been hitting our top bonuses. But starting next month, our pay structure is changing and we will be on a commission structure.

How do you deal with lazy Co-workers you dont trust?

We are going to be on a commission structure soon now they are pretty juiced about it. They are talking about how they have all these friends they are going to sign up and its great, and how they are going to "get theirs by any means necessary".

Now the problem is, we only have one main area on home theatre where all the transactions go down...these are where mostly all the "hand tos" are given at as well. Hood Girl is always there behind the computer because she doesnt like approaching customers. She says that it "works for her"...but it leaves the other co-workers at a disadvantage because if they are out on the floor....they are extremely limited to the hand tos they get if they are not in the area in home theatre where the computer is..

What do i do about this girl who doesnt want to move around and hogs the computer to get hand tos?

Also for the other lazy dude, im not worried about him or his sales skills because to be honest, the guy is pretty illiterate and cant sell for sh!t.

I've tried communicating issues of fairness to them, and i've made it clear that if any of them ever tried to steal my sale or take one of my customers i've talked to the day before or when im not there, all hell will break loose.

How do they reply?

Hood girl: "Well if theys dont ask for youz then too bad, they gotsta ask for you" "If you ever try ta keep me from feedin mah babies theres gonna be a problem"

Lazy Co-worker: "It is what it iz mang...wHOO im bout to get mines! I got the other co-workers in my pocket!"

I know not to let them get to me, but its hard when im trying to do everything right and being fair and theyre not complying.

I've tried to address issues about them being late and how its not fair to my manager (we dont have a direct manager in the store) but that if i keep doing that and they find out i said something...they would take it as me being a "Snitch" and "Hatin on them"....theyre not the most educated or mature people (ghetto).

I think theyre even upset that i have address the issue of not being responsible if they are late and they are trying to side with to each other to go against me.

Opinions?...Im trying to just ignore all this and focus on my own sales? I guess i feel that to a certain extent i have been carrying this team and now that were going be on commission, they wanna start playing dirty and it bothers me. I hope things pan out.
Honest Opinion?

Get another job, this one sounds shi*.

Work to live, dont live to work.