Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please dont tell me its ADD...

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think something might be wrong with me...I keep thinking its normal and that im just indecisive but maybe you guys might know a little better.

For Examples...

When i go get something to eat and i decide i want one thing, say Mcdonalds...then ill drive all the way there, then change my mind quickly to something else.

Or in school for example i switch majors 4 times, 1 day ill want to major in something like Theatre and make a quick decision to register for Theatre classes and then the next ill want to change the classes around to Communications and major in that.

Or if i decide to go somewhere like Target to get something small, ill end up going there to walk around and end up going to Wal-Mart just so i can have more time to listen to my mp3 player (I have a habit of walking around with them on all the time now! Gotta quit that..)

Recently, ill have the habit of going to Malls, Stores just walking around listening to my mp3 player with no intention of buying anything or talking to any HBs, first it started as me going to stores and bookstores with the intention of approaching HBs....then it became just walking around listening to music...weird??

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be a psychopath. They're pretty indecisive.

HA HA!! Ur a psychopath, looser!

But seriously, from what you said, it doesn't sound like ADD. There's nothing wrong with walking around a few hours a day.

I just get the impression that you look at challenges as things to be avoided, rather than opportunities.

I mean, you dropped classes because you didn't want to hang out downtown for 6 hours. You'd much rather go home and . . . hang out at a mall for 6 hours? Why not look at 6 hours in downtown San Fran as an opportunity to find a gym, read books, become a bona-fide expert on local art, or people-watch? It's like any challenging thing to you is some big drag that eats you up until you escape.

I think the reason you dropped Comm is because the challenges were right there, whereas the challenges of Theater were distant. Of course, the moment you change to Theater, you find that aspects of it "suck", and you can't deal with anything that "sucks" so you avoid it. Instead you can try to look at suckiness as an opportunity.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
You could be a psychopath. They're pretty indecisive.

HA HA!! Ur a psychopath, looser!

But seriously, from what you said, it doesn't sound like ADD. There's nothing wrong with walking around a few hours a day.

I just get the impression that you look at challenges as things to be avoided, rather than opportunities.

I mean, you dropped classes because you didn't want to hang out downtown for 6 hours. You'd much rather go home and . . . hang out at a mall for 6 hours? Why not look at 6 hours in downtown San Fran as an opportunity to find a gym, read books, become a bona-fide expert on local art, or people-watch? It's like any challenging thing to you is some big drag that eats you up until you escape.

I think the reason you dropped Comm is because the challenges were right there, whereas the challenges of Theater were distant. Of course, the moment you change to Theater, you find that aspects of it "suck", and you can't deal with anything that "sucks" so you avoid it. Instead you can try to look at suckiness as an opportunity.
I am now becoming self-conscience about dropping out...I cant email my teacher of that 6pm class (shes also my advisor) because i think she will be pissed that i said id show up so she can add me and i didnt, she even gave me all the paper work for the class too...

Im sure i can go back to the teachers and say i accidentally dropped their class online while i was trying to add another and theyll add me again...

but then ill have 7 units total and a 3 unit acting class that i wont even need for my degree...so my schedule will look like this...

MW: 9am-11 Acting class 11-12 Karate
TTH: 12pm History

so that would mean going to school on a 1.5 hour train ride tuesdays and thursdays only for one class...

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, to make your trip worthwhile either take a real workload so it won't just be for one class, or maybe find a job in the area?

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
Well, to make your trip worthwhile either take a real workload so it won't just be for one class, or maybe find a job in the area?
hmm...good idea! or maybe just fill in more classes that im interested in but dont necessarily need?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find something interesting in the area that you'll enjoy doing. That way whenever you make that train ride, it won't be just for classes.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ken, i dont think its add, i think you have an inner battle of what you want to do with your life, and the battle has reached a point that you can't even decide what you want to eat.
clearly you are not getting enough time alone these days.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"or maybe just fill in more classes that im interested in but dont necessarily need?"

Well yes I suppose that works too. I just figured after 6 years in college it might be nice to just finish already, in which case taking things you need for your degree would be more helpful.

It sort of sounds to me like you're scared of graduating because you think that once you get a degree, you have to spend the rest of your life in whatever field that degree is in. That's not at all the case. Just take your 7 credits and finish the damn thing.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Recently, ill have the habit of going to Malls, Stores just walking around listening to my mp3 player with no intention of buying anything or talking to any HBs, first it started as me going to stores and bookstores with the intention of approaching HBs....then it became just walking around listening to music...weird??
I might just try this walking around thing one of these days.

Sorry, but some of these posts make me wonder how screwed up some of you really are.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think that sosuave has just been a such a tool we use in our lives now that we start to ask for opinions and advice for EVERYTHING now and dont know how to think for ourselves...

Hopefully i wont start asking you guys if i should be eating apples or oranges today...because that would be retarded...but maybe we can put that one in the heath and fitness section.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I used to think that I had ADD, then I got bored of the idea and just lost interest.

lol

Ken, you need to stop worrying so much.

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to call to your attention a scene from the movie "Fight Club". I'm sure most of the people on this forum know it, so I'm going to jump in.

The protagonist (unnamed in the film) and Tyler Durden are out on the street and come by a small convinience store. Tyler tells the protagonist to wait for him in the back.

In the back, he pulls out the store employee, a kid who dropped out of college. He makes the kid kneel and then searches his wallet, finding his driver's license and an expired communitiy college student ID. He then asks: What did you study? And the kid replies: I don't know, stuff.

"Stuff?"

Starts crying "Yeah"

Tyler then escalates the situation, threatening to kill him, but asking him all the while:

"WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE?

The kid brings out his true inner desire to become a vet. Tyler then tells him: I know where you live, and I'm going to be checking up on you. If you're not on your way to becoming a vet in 6 weeks, I'll come visit you again."
The kid runs away and the protagonist and Tyler talk for a bit, and then Tyler says:

"Imagine how tomorrow will feel for him. Tomorrow will probably be the best day of his life."

Ken, I recommend you watch that scene. And then I ask you:

What do you want to be?

Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Alright maybe i'm just tripping. I need to learn to relax...
You don't have ADD - you are young and bored and seeking a purpose in life!