Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please confirm my faults - and a ton of other stuff

IWBTTM

Reaction score
Hey there, I was LJBF'd while I was about to ask for a third date. Very long post, mostly rant/outlet, more experienced men points of view appreciated, not very well structured.

I think my behaviour on and around the 2 dates has been my best so far, I'm slowly getting there...Give me feedback on my analysis of why I'm not a true man yet.

So it's through online dating, and I see her profile. It's not great, quite empty, one picture where you can't see much, but I message anyway since in my case I don't receive a lot of replies in general.

She takes ages to respond, so I completely forget I messaged her. After a few short responses, she starts writing very very long messages, and we exchange paragraphs to learn about each other (since I literally knew nothing about her) over three weeks. It takes so long because she takes up to a week to reply, each time, so I do the same while I game other girls. Her last reply is hasty, saying she hasnt been on the website a lot recently, and suggest we should meet up.
I'm quite surprised, first time a girl suggests meeting up before me.

First date:
Ice Skating (+ stroll and drinks afterwards)
Her voice is an instant turn off, but I try my best to get over it for now as I know I'll get used to it, but certainly killed my mood lol
We have great conversation, I hold her hand a few times while skating.
When we take a stroll, I neg her on some of her hobbies, we keep talking. I notice she walks very close to me a few times, here I could have held her shoulder already but did not for whatever stupid reason.
When ending the date, I lean in without knowing where the kiss will end up, and she aims for the lips. Great, could have been a bit better, but still great.

Second date:
Where it all went wrong.
Bowling (+ drinks afterwards) before she has to work (night shift)
I know I'm not getting laid since she's got to work, and I have this idea in mind that I should not escalate too far. Now I realise this was ****ing stupid, I guess it's only bad to escalate too far and not act upon when the situation allows it, but there's no harm in escalating hard when she knows that in any way we can't shag at the end of this date.
Great conversation at first, I start a tiny bit of kino when bowling. But I should have done more, instead of holding her shoulders when she steps back towards me, I should have let my arms entirely around her. I touch her a bit here and there, neg her a bit, then tickle her for her last ball to make her lose. She turns around, goes to tickle me back, we laugh and sit back on the couch. THIS IS WHERE I SHOULD HAVE KISSED THE **** OUT OF HER NUMBER 1. We just end up talking a bit and then we leave for some food/drinks.

While walking, we keep good convo, we walk a bit aimlessly. At one moment she slows down near some ATM, I don't really get why. She stops while she keeps talking about whatever. THIS IS WHERE I SHOULD HAVE KISSED THE **** OUT OF HER NUMBER 2. We go back to walking. In a moment of lucidity, I put my hand on her shoulder and keep her close while we walk.

We sit to have drinks in a bar/club, I chose tables as far away from the sound as possible. Not too bad, we can have conversation without raising our voices too much, so I just sit close to her. This is where convo went bad, I don't know if it's the beer or something, but we have a few moments of almost "girly talk". Biggest redflag that I should have seen coming, but it was probably too late at that point: she mentions going to watch a movie with her friends, so not as a date but really to watch the movie. I don't make much of it as she mentioned that movie on the first date. I think that suggestion showed I was already considered a only a friend at best. At one point, she goes to the bathroom. When she goes back, second short moment of lucidity, I rub my leg against hers while I keep talking and get closer. But ****, it's too late, she has to go to work soon. She timidly puts her hand on her leg, so that the back of her hand brushes mine. After a few seconds of silence, I go for the kiss, very short make out. She seems happy so I figure I am in a good position (I only realized all my mistakes later after being LJBFd), I walk her to her car so she can go to work, longer make out before parting ways.

No text at the end of the date or the day after from both of us. Three days later, I ask her availability on a particular day.

She drops the bomb: really enjoyed both date, but don't see it going further than friendship for her. She has fun with me and would like to hang out in the future, but would understand if I don't want to.
I panic, not as much as my previous rejections, but I still panic a little and act like a complete loser: I give her a call, she doesn't answer, so I leave a message saying I understand that feelings are feelings, but ask her if she is genuine about being friends or if she's just laying me off. She texts me she cant answer right now, I text her I left a voice message and then silence. Moral of the story, it's bad to wait for the end of the date to make out when you already kissed at the end of first date.

I post this both as an outlet and also to have your feedback, did I spot all my mistakes or do you see a few more that I should work on? IMO I've been LJBFd because of failure to escalate hard enough on second date and only making out with her at the end of the date (too predictable). In my head I had already planned how to get laid on third date and begin to seal the deal, only after she dropped the bomb did I think more critically about what happened. If you can list my main weak points that would be great too.

First off, I'm planning a date with a fatty to work on getting laid on first date and clear my mind a bit. Even if her profile listed "looking for love", not "looking for sex", she still has the category "casual sex" ticked, "would sleep on first date", "it would take 1-2 dates to have sex with the right person", I seriously hope I can pull this out. This is a good thing to do right?

Second, I legitimately had fun with the LJBF girl, and I really want to try to be friend with her. Why? Not to win her, I know that's probably never going to happen, so having this state of mind will only lead to bad things. But I don't have a lot of friends where I currently live, so maybe she could help me expand my circle. I just hope I can be cool with it, getting laid with the fatty should help me train my brain. Anyway, for now I am doing my stuff waiting to see if she will ever get back to me about hanging out as friends, she told me she's busy the whole week so I guess I won't have my answer before then.
Do you think I should befriend her? She might have some hot friends and she might make a very nice casual friend, but I might get my brain scrambled if I'm not careful. If stars align, we might hook up if completely drunk, but thats about it.

I texted two girls that I had to ignore for two weeks because I was already dating three different girls (one being miss LJBF, one looked quite bad so I did not go further after a great first date, the other flaked out) Being curious, I said openly: "Sorry I took so much time to get back to you, but I waiting to see where things went with another girl, but we decided to stay just friends, are you still up for meeting up?" (hahaha, "we" decided to stay just friends, I wish I was the one who decided...) +question about what we talked about last. One ignored me, the other one replied the same day with lots of smiley faces. Started making plans but our schedules don't work together this week, so I told her I'll get back to her about next weekend. I might be doing something with the only two bros I have here, and bros before hoes so I wont get back to her before I sort this out.

It took me some time but after looking a bit online from different sources and topics, I think I finally understand something:

You can never escalate too much or be over touchy, or go for the kiss too fast (while not going full retard, i.e. making out as saying hello on the first meeting), because anyway she will say or show signs its too early and you can then slow down, but you would have shown you have some balls. However, escalating too slowly or failure to answer her signs, that's a dead end in any case, just as in MY case. I thought that would be showing too much interest, but now I understand you should always answer her calls for physical attention. Am I right?

I think I got my "first date" skills on point, last big rejection was on a third date where I STUPIDLY accepted to go out with the girl and two of her friends (I'll never know for sure, but the way it came to be, I'm pretty sure it was a **** test to sort out the competition) but this girl preferred to take things slow and both first dates were great, so like an idiot I applied the same pace to LJBF girl when now I realize she's much more fast paced.

So if you're still reading this de-structured novel, share your experience and let me hear your point of view / advice.

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You're being very hard on yourself. It's okay to make mistakes, just keep learning from them and making progress.

2. Change her mood not her mind. IMO, whatever lack of escalation you think happened on Date#2 wasn't as bad as the VMs/texts you sent after she LJBFed you. Stop trying to reason with her and negotiate attraction. You can't. What exactly were you trying to get out of her? An "honest" answer? I'm sure you already know what that is. Trying to reason with a woman after the fact and get closure is a sign of immaturity, scarcity, and inexperience.

3. It's interesting how you point to specific moments in your date#2 when you should've gone for the kiss. Is this because you think she was giving you signals that she was game, or because you wanted to kiss her? I ask because I think it'll be helpful to adopt a mindset going forward of doing what you want when you want, and not waiting for her or the "perfect moment." Similarly, I think the whole she had work later thing tripped you up. Who cares? Make your moves and let her be the one to make the work excuse.

IWBTTM

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

1) I hope I will

3) Yes, she was clearly game at those two points, but I did nothing. I did not even see it as clearly as I see it now with a few steps back. But the kiss soon before the end of date 2, she just stopped talking and we looked at each other smiling. I don't even know if she wanted a kiss actually, because she probably already made her mind about me, she talked about going to the movies as a group of friends a bit earlier. She did not refuse that kiss, and she took part in the short make out when going to her car.

So either she made her mind that I'm not BF material but agreed to kiss/makeout because she thinks I'm attractive (told me I'm "very handsome" on first date), and in that case my flaws such as topics of discussion (a few girly things) and escalation are worse than I thought.

Or she wasn't sure yet, but a competitor made a better impression in between or she gave it a good thought. In that case, maybe I should have secured the third date at the end of the second one? She might have waited for this third date to take her decision if she was already committed to the third date.

I'll try to keep the mindset of "doing what I want when I want".

2) "Change her mood not her mind", good way to put it, I'll try to remember that next time I "panic" with a girl. VMs/Texts were pretty bad:

Her: blablabla but don't see it going any further than friendship for me. So if you are happy being friends I would like to hang out in the future maybe see movie etc but if not I understand.

Me: Alright, can I give you a quick call?

No response for a while -

I give her a call anyway, she does not answer, goes to VM. I already prepared what I was going to say, but I focus a lot on sounding like I'm not affected so I end up saying stupid **** like:

I understand, feelings are feelings. If you're genuine about being friends, I'll be happy to be friends. So next time you want to hang out to the movies or with your friends, just give me a call, I'll be there. Bye.

Ugh... "I'll be there", thats really the cherry on top that makes me want to punch myself.

Her: (right after I left VM) Sorry I'm out atm and can't talk

Me: No worries :) Left you a message. Have a nice day!

Ugh once again, please cut my hand.

End of the exchange.
The way I see it right now, better ways of handling the situation could have been:

-To not respond the same day she dropped the bomb. I was not in a good state of mind to make rational decisions.
-Either only text "Alright, see you around" or only call/leave VM saying basically the same thing. But not both text and call and not say the **** I said

Now on the next steps:

I won't contact her. I already feel like an idiot for responding so fast, sounding so needy/nice, and both by text and VM...

If she contacts me to hang out with friends / as friends, I'm planning on giving it a go (legitimately friendly hangout). If I don't feel I can do it, I'll tell her in person during/at the end of the hang out, something like:

You know what, I would love to be friends, but I also want to be more than just friends. You're too hot and we already made out. If you ever feel like dating again, give me a call. Otherwise, nice meeting you and take care.

I'm not sure I should say the sentence in bold...

If she does not contact me, then problem solved, she will join the other girls I liked that rejected me and that I will never hear from again.

I still want to keep her as an option for friendship/connections or dating (even with my infatuation goggles that I probably still wear right now, she is honestly one of the best matches I encountered) but I'm not sure if I have the mental strength for it i.e. not let it affect other parts of my life and lower my chances while trying with other girls.

I'm leaving to a remote area for work for 3 months in either August or September. I'll be in the middle of ****ing nowhere, and I already have a working out schedule to put on some muscle (3 months should be enough to make a slight difference). After the 3 months I'll have other work related stuff to sort out so I'll probably be busy for another month. After all that, I'm thinking maybe I could offer her a coffee to catch up, if I'm still in the dating scene, or maybe I'll just change my mind before then.

Thanks man, I appreciate the concise advice. (change her mood not her mind + think: I do what I want when I want)

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Date selections for date 1 and 2 are good. I don’t think you did poorly… sometimes stuff just does not work out.
When you were turned off by her voice she picked up on this. You can not hide anything from women. They know when you like them and then especially know what you DON’T like about them.
Don’t neg her when you are on a date… Look, I don’t neg, I really don’t think I need to, but if you are going to do this, only do this when you are picking them up. If she agrees to go out with you she is attracted.
You didn’t build sexual polarity, but you already figured this out. You have to always let her know you are interested in sex, and let her decide if it’s going to happen.

IWBTTM

Reaction score
Yes that's what been bothering me the last few days, I think I honestly did pretty good on those two dates, I kept the conversation between them to the strict minimum ("it was fun", quick reference to something we said, and immediately set up the next date), it was overall the best I did so far... and yet no third date whereas I managed to get 5 dates with terrible game with another girl in the past. I feel the improvement on myself, but I can't reap the results yet, so frustrating.

I did not neg hard at all, and used funny self-deprecation to encourage her to neg back. We're both nerdy: I made fun of one of her nerdy hobbies, but pointed out that I might be an even bigger nerd because of 'other nerdy hobby'. Shoves, push and laugh ensued.
At bowling, just the usual teasing about being bad at the game, and we were both equally bad. I think it's perfectly fine to neg if she has the opportunity to neg back.

Never heard 'sexual polarity' before, but it makes a lot of sense. She flirted actively when I was not receptive to it, and I flirted actively when she was not either. This must have lead to awkwardness, frustration, or doubts about my interest. But considering the previous advice of having the mindset of 'do what you want when you want to', then maybe ,as you said,... things just did not work out. Two different timings, not enough flow.

I think that's a stupid reason to decide not to go further, but I guess I think like a male and can look over something so trivial. The girl, her, might not even be conscious that this is what made her lose interest.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really sound to me like you did anything wrong. Probably something that you failed to include in your opening post caused her to lose interest. For all you know, maybe she didn't like your voice either.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IWBTTM said:
I notice she walks very close to me a few times, here I could have held her shoulder already but did not for whatever stupid reason.
That's your main problem, NEVER hesitate again, don't think about their reactions or judgments. I have the same issue, I give up doing what i originally had in my mind for extremely stupid and trivial reasons.

IWBTTM

Reaction score
Yes I think I'm pretty much second choice. I probably wasn't at the start, but someone (or a few guys) she deemed better probably came along since then or did better than me on other dates.
It's a huge strike to my ego, but it's good practice to try and get over this feeling I guess.