Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Playing with the boys?

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok as sports writer-in-training, and as a chick it amazes me the shocked responses that I get from guys when I get the standard what do you do for work/what are you studying question.

Example-I went to the Aust. round of the Champ Cars last year. I never felt like so much of an outsider in my life.
There's like a ratio of 10 guys for every one girl.I was there as a hardcore car-freak and a writer before anything else.(when I was 'off-duty' it was brilliant:) lol).
I was treated like a lepyr by a lot of guys. Either they thought I was out to pick up, or a lesbian or just a bimbo.Generally dismissive. There were groupies trolling around that track in three inch heels and miniskirts and I'm a bimbo???? excuse me??? The few fellas that gave me the time of day were impressed that I knew my $hit and thought it was awesome that a girl was out there, taking photos and doing her thing.
Now I am far from a tomboy. I like skirts and make-up as much as any other girl. I can tell you as much about football as I can about what kind of cleanser suits combination skin.

So my question is this- Is a girl who knows her $hit about $hit that is seen as "mens business" seen as a threat, or weird or what? I don't understand why I should be treated differently just because I have boobies.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mmm...boobies :D

Hmm.. not sure what the go is there.
Maybe they did feel threatened.

Got to love the chicks who know a thing or 2 about cars, that's one of the big reasons why i hated having to dump my EX, it's a nice big bonus and a half for me when a chick's into her cars!

But, i guess i'd be one of the fella's that would be impressed that you know you stuff!

Tyler

Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT: sorry, that was supposed to be a new thread.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kodiac
Mmm...boobies :D

Hmm.. not sure what the go is there.
Maybe they did feel threatened.
But, i guess i'd be one of the fella's that would be impressed that you know you stuff!
are you doing anything this October?

j/k:D

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh, help guys, im getting hit on...

What's a good response to her ; "are you doing anything this October?"

"Oh, ill have to check my schedule" to give the impression that i am a very busy man ?

"What wont i be doing in October" creating some mystery, giving her some hope ?

Or just go for it and find myself a lady, with boobs, who's into cars!

Or maybe i should let someone else give her a real answer to her questions.... :rolleyes:

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
settle down.

I was ONLY JOKING.
:rolleyes:

*wonders if kodiac realises what the abbreviation for just kidding is*

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ShortBrown, if a guy is that insecure do you really want him?

Snoobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sexism sucks

I would have to say that it sucks as a woman to have to enter sexist worlds. It's the same for guys too who go into fashion design or whatever, everyone thinks that you are gay.

You can't let that **** bother you because this is 2003, and it is nice to see woman do what they want and not what will please their man. I personally like that quality in a woman.

Ignore most of it and do quality work. It sucks though that guys check you on your work, more than they do other guys just because you are female.

Keep doing what you are doing and don't let anything stop you from accomplishing your mission.

peace

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was ONLY JOKING.
Don't flatter yourself shorty, so was i :cool:
It's all about having fun!

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry, It's easy to forget about that dry Australian sense of humour through the computer, especially from another Aussie!

Snoobs-thanks man, thats nice to hear.
MR_PERFECT- I think you misunderstand. I was speaking generally, and it's not just one of two guys, it's a lot of guys. Geez, if it was just one I'd send the fool packing with his tail right between his legs.

Snoobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are really a woman, what do you think of a bunch of guys plotting about how to get women? I mean, that's not really what we are doing, but are we?

haha

peace

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shared intrests is one way to help build rapport. Good stuff.

lerxst

Don Juan
Reaction score
Me, I'm here to take over the world one woman at a time. :D So, Shorty Brown, how do you feel about the old school cars, ala Falcon XB GT's?;)

Seriously, tho. Let's look at this situation from a different angle. Say you were a guy going to do interviews for a beauty pagent or a bikini contest, trying to interview the contestants. Would the guy get the same response as you? Would many of the women think that the guy isn't for real, just trying to hook up/sleep with/scam them?

The real answer tho, is that many of these people become primma donnas and make total assess of themselves acting this way. At least you have hope in that there are people willing to talk to you and take you seriously. By perservering, you will get a reputation as someone who knows what is going on, and not just a pretty face. Then you'll get the respect. Not saying it's right, it's kinda just the way it is and you have to work with it. Best way to deal with jerks like this is to tell them straight up, talking the talk, how they aren't as great as they are pretending to be.