Plans for First Date? What do you think?

miba

Banned
Reaction score
Hey,

I am asking out this girl I like. I have only met her once, but we have been talking heaps of msn and we have been exchanging heaps of flirty txt messages.

But im not really sure where to take her. Theres no iceskating, rollerblading or mini golf near me, and I have a bad back, so i cant go bowling. :-/

My plan is to maybe on a Saturday afternoon, grab some ice cream (i know she loves ice cream) with her in the part of town which is filled with shops and cafes etc, then go see a movie and hopefully get a kiss :-/ lol, is that alright for a first casual date?

Should I invite her casually like 'hey wanna catch up...maybe see a movie or something?'.

Well thats my plan. What do you think? good or bad? suggestions? thanks

:rock:

bigw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Movie...hmmm. It's not BAD, but it's pretty common.

How about...taking her to a park or something, having a picnic? It's cheap, and you'll be involved with her, instead of watching a movie and maybe talking a little during the film. Since you have a bad back, do things that are easy. A picnic is easy, sure you'll have to sit down and get back up (I'm not aware of how bad it is on your back) but yeah maybe do the cafe thing after?

Just my two cents.

But if she's different to most, sure by all means take her to a movie :)

Oh and remember, do what you like to do for fun that you think she'll like as well. Remember, direct the date - if you have plans, she'll follow :)

miba

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm, well you see...I dont think I could hold a conversation for that long in park since I dont know her that well...and it might a little too romantic too early.

bigw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you're right.

But as I said, if you want to try taking her to a movie, by all means. Just do something else afterwards like you say - cafe etc. But if you do, do what a DJ would do - use kino when you see her (hug), be ****y and funny every now and then (a little hard to do in a movie but you might be able to relate to some lines off the movie ;) ), and just be relaxed :)

miba

Banned
Reaction score
lol okay, i guess is i could get some kino in the movies. Maybe when shes sitting next to me, lift the arm rest up and ask if she'd like to lie down...then if she does, after a while.. kiss her? Then instead, after the movies get some ice cream and walk around the shops.....

bigw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn't start to say lying down straight away. Hug her when you see her, that's the first thing. Then just before you go in, maybe tap her on the other shoulder and pull your arm away when she looks there (this is REALLY easy to get good at, I did it to everyone for a year and it was hilarious). Then if she starts giving little signals (i.e. letting her hair fall forward etc) brush it back behind her ear.

If she says she's cold, you put your arm around her. No question. Then after that, about 15 minutes later, you can ask her to lie down.

Then well, the rest is up to you ;) Keep it in small doses until you get things under control, and then well....the prize is yours.

miba

Banned
Reaction score
Well, the first time I met her, she hugged and cheek-kiss greeted me... so im sure when we meet up she'll do the same.

So halfway through the movie, just casually put my arm around her? i dunno it seems too awkward. is there a way i can do it without it being wierd, like lift up the arm rest and jokingly say something like ' how bout some lovin' while gesturing for her to lean in? lol i dunnooooo

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's a f*cking hilarious drawing man...Nice job.

Anyway, there really is no way that you can go in for the first arm-around-her-in-the-movie-theater without it being awkward as hell. At least it always has been for me. The only time I was completely relaxed was mostly because I was pretty pissed off (a girl I had been seeing had flaked the night before) and this girl was feeling up all over me, so I just pretty much grabbed her and started stroking up her leg. And that was more because I was pissed, not because I cared about her.

I'd say the least awkward way would be to put your arm around her somewhere near the beginning of the movie (rather than making random moves in the dark). She won't object since she's already accustomed to kissing you. Later on, lean in and give her a kiss. 99% it should turn into a makeout session. From there, it's your call...I'll be surprised if you don't get to third base.

Good luck man.

ChaseLachey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, movie is pretty common... Get a buncha kino in.. get into a little popcorn fight :-D