Places to buy clothes

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like spending about $400-$500 tomorrow on clothes. When i go to the mall, i usually go to Express/Structure. I'm kind of sick of cheap stuff like Old Navy. I don't need much pants, cause i have a few pairs of those hip sandblasted pants. (if you don't have some - GET SOME!)
I want to buy some stuff that is stuff like the dudes on Elimidate. You know, that bad boy casual stuff that i can wear to work. (Not that Abercrombie tattered stuff - i can't wear that to work.)
So, a few long sleeve button up shirts, etc.

But what else could i/should i get that people will be like, "Damn Cam, you look HIP!" (but not break my pocketbook)

What are your favorite places to buy clothes? I hate shopping, so that's why i only go to the same places. (Gap, Express, Old Navy)

Thanks dudes, and sorry for the dumb question, but i'm not master of fashion, but i gotta start dressing above and beyond the average dude, and ten dollar Old Navy shirts aren't helping me any...

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hit up Macy's for FCUK (French Connection United Kingdom) if you don't know the brand, its basically Abercrombie european style. You should def. get khaki's for fall, sweaters and long sleeve knits shirts you can wear under your polo's.

Frosty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, Storm.

There is nothing like good threads and working out to help you feel even better about yourself( and gadgets). Personally, I do not slack on the clothing. I am willing to spend an extra few hundred dollars to get quality threads that won't be seen every where like Gap, and Old Navy. My girlfriend used to shop for me all the time at Gap and Old Navy. She would just surprise me with the stuff but when I wore it, I would always run into someone else with the same $h!t on. I told her to stop shopping for me but she hasn't.

This doesn't happen when I shop for myself because I go to BIG department stores. Yes, they are a bit more expensive but you get quality threads, nice fashionable outfits, and a lot of people are too cheap to shop at them so you won't run into a lot of people wearing the same shirt you have on.

I say just be willing to spend a little more than your $500 to get a new wardrobe started. Go to stores like Marshall Fields or Boston Store or better (You can gradually build if you like but gradual is within a two week span for me). Just take good care of the clothes in the wash and they will last you a long time so you shouldn't have to shop for a while ( Follow the washing instructions on the tag carefully). Sometimes I will study the mannequins in the Dept. Stores to see if they are wearing cools outfits and put mine together using them as a model. Those mannequins are real sharp sometimes. Also, magazines like GQ and Details sometimes have good ideas. Watch it though, since you are hetero you don't want to falsely set some guy's gaydar off.

I get complements all the time on my style of dress and many people think my clothes are always new because I am anal about taking care of them.

Also, you can keep a few cans of heavy starch around to keep the new crisp and well pressed look. Most of the time, as long as you are matching well and neat in appearance, that is all it takes. You don't wear a burgundy belt with black shoes do you?

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like pacific sunwear (surfer/skater type stuff but not baggy gay crap)
i hear diesel is good, i might check that out tommorow
also hit up dillards/foley's etc in like sept/october they will have huge sales on all their summer clothes (i got a lot of collared polo shirts for 15$, yes, the nice ones)

also-

the 2 shirts that get me the most compliments (tons from just random girls or girls ive been djing) is a light baby blue/neon (all one color) collared polo shirt
and a baby blue/white striped shirt (not straight lines kinda choppy) that i got at a store gadzooks (i think it was that store or the one next to it)

for shorts- get some blue/white striped (vertical striped) shorts at dillards from polo
and i have 3 pairs of kahki pants from AF (dont get the cargo ones... too many homos wear that trying to be cool)

hope this helps

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've shopped at one place and one place only for the last 5 months.

Sacs.com

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno man, i suggest you find some pimped out boutiques for dudes.

Brands i recomend (and have before) are Mavi, Lucky, Enyce. Whatever you do, dont buy JCpenny crap like Southpole or Levi. That sh1t is wack.

jsgii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got back from shopping. I purhched some Sean-John its hot hip and in. as you say. Enyce, Roca-Ware, and what ever nelly's clothing is. Sean-John is P-diddys clothing line and Roca Ware is Jay-Z's and for shoes go for the classics all white AF1's but a new hot one is The S. Carter they cant keep it on shelf.
Women allways notice the shoes.

You can find Sean-John at Macy's

Spent 400 on 2 jeans and 2 shirts.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, good for you but i dont see myself spending $100 a piece on a design some rapper made. (I do like some of the stuff, but its highly overpriced for the style)

If i had to choose, i take Polo and Diesel over those.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the Macy's Men's store. That place is badass. All guy stuff and the one where I live is 3 floors of it. Everything from Casual (Quicksilver) to Dress to Designer. Man this place is great.

I bought a pair of Kenneth Cole Pinstriped Pants and got them tailored to fit my waist and legs perfectly. $80 for the pants and $20 for the tailor. These will last me forever, too. I got a Kenneth Cole Black jacket as well. It was $169 but got reduced to $79. Other stuff I picked up

Hugo Boss Long sleeve gray shirt ($60)
ITSUS Shirt ($30)
Krush Club shirt ($70)
PE Black Shirt ($20)
Diesel Ravix Jeans ($139)
A+F Vintage Button Shirt ($40)
Platinum Egoiste Cologne ($45)
Fossil Cuff Watch ($50)
Diesel Shoes ($80)
Kenneth Cole Black Boots ($150)

... I'll probably go back next payday and get some more casual clothes like Cargo pants and polo shirts and the like. But those are my clothes for when I just gotta look pimp! (Wait, that's everyday!)

Man it's such a good feeling to walk around school and know that no one there looks like you. Every other chump is wearing T-shirts and old jeans, maybe a button up shirt. You on the other hand look like a pimp.