Pink Floyd reuniting for Live8

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell has frozen over and Roger Waters will be playing with the other three members at Live8 for the first time in 20+ years. Needless to say, I never saw this coming and can't wait to see the broadcast (July 2). I've seen the post-Waters Floyd in concert in '94, and Roger's solo tours in '99 and '00. This will be quite an event for a lifelong Floyd fan.

From what I've read, they'll be playing three Dark Side of the Moon songs and one from another albumn. I'm fearing it will be mostly their more popular ones....Money, Time, Brain Damage/Eclipse or Breathe, and Comfortably Numb or Another Brick in the Wall II.

What I'd like to see are the ones Dave and Roger both sing on: Mother, Run Like Hell, Dogs, and so on.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Prayers Have Been Answered!!!!!!!!!

I remember hearing this on the radio and for the next 2 hours after I couldn't stop smiling......this is the best surprise I've heard all year, all I can say is thank god for Bob Geldof. There's no doubt Roger and boys still hate eachother but it's SO nice to see squables put aside for something like this.....why did I leave London 4 weeks too early?

But only a 20 minute set? That kinda blows.....I would love to hear modernized versions on Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Atom Heart Mother (Yes I like that song), Fat Old Sun, Echoes, Dogs, In the Flesh....god there's so many but i'll take what I can get

I predict the setlist will be Speak to me/Breathe, Time, Us & Them, and Wish You Were Here (theres no way they won't play that song)

You people need to pay more attention to this.....this is rock history in the making.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet, I'm skeptical on how good it'll be but I'm hoping for the best.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greatest band........EVER.....

next to the Beatles

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it sounds great, but I agree with Alpine--it's probably not going to be that good.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine what Elvis would be like, or James Dean if they were still alive.

The guys have even admitted themselves that they are nervous, totally out of the live scene etc. I just think best remembered by there superb pop videos:D

Stick to flying jets and driving supercars.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The doors is the best band ever....#2 is pink floyd

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpine, I hear what you're saying man but you gotta understand.....I have listened to everything they've ever put out since the early Syd Barret days up unto Division Bell and I feel their progress, experimentation, and creativity puts them in the Beatles Zepplin category where everything they do is gold

I could care less what they play because it's just such a pleasure, being a hardcore fan, to ACTUALLY see them put aside the years of fighting (they were ready to break up after Dark Side of the Moon came out) and come together for a charitable event

I respect them cus they are guys that do what they want when they want.... just the fact that they aren't publicity hores (one of biggest bands ever and most would not recognize their faces walking down the street) is so respectable.......unlike the Eagles who reunited just for the money these guys are putting beefs aside to help starving africans, how poetic.....even if the money does get eaten up by warlords and governements, i'll still get to see Roger, Dave, Rick, and Nick together again:cheer:

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Disappointed with the performance? Maybe, but I don't care too much about the quality. I'm more excited about the fact that the two parties after two decades of bitterness and vowing never to play together again (at least from one of them), are actually going to be doing it. This would be similar to Lennon leaving the Beatles for a solor career, the Beatles going on without him, and then after twenty years playing together again (maybe not exactly, but you get my point).

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i cant wait to see waters on stage again

tell me hes playing
two suns in the sunset !!!!!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
So you'd be interested in a couple of tickets then?
dude said it was gonna be broadcasted , so i can stay at home and watch for free hahaha

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What time and where (i.e. internet or TV etc.) will it be broadcasted (I don't much about Live8)?

Last edited:

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
dude said it was gonna be broadcasted , so i can stay at home and watch for free hahaha
Yeah, I know what you mean, you can see fvck all backstage.;)

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by negativefcf
\
\No
Wow... I'm black and I know who Pink Floyd is. :)

And I'm only 20. ;)

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
i cant wait to see waters on stage again

tell me hes playing
two suns in the sunset !!!!!
Nah, only 20 minutes of playing time....just the hits:(