Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Piercings: turn on or off?

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that it's going to change my mind, but what have you guys seen as far as girls reaction to piercings? (im talking late high school/college girls) I have my tongue pierced but for a long time ive wanted to get something that shows. Ive been seriously considering getting an eyebrow pierced. I really want to avoid the "cheap" look so just one more piercing and that's it. No gothic clothing, "thug" clothing or any other sterotypes that may go along with piercings either. Just typical Abercrombie style I guess, with a single eyebrow piercing... turn on or turn off?

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
damn, thought you meant piercings on girls

Eh, I dunno. I don't have any piercings or tattoos, which seemingly puts me in a minority.
When I'm dead historians will get together and choose a symbol for my generation. I'm pretty sure they'll choose a tongue-stud. Why anyone would do this to their tongue is beyond me. :rolleyes:
It's cool, in a way. When women ask me why I don't have any, I just ask them right back, "Why would I want to change anything on my body? It's sexy enough."

On the other hand, there are few things sexier than a navel ring in a gorgeous woman's belly. :D

Dropt03Ranger

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got my eyebrow pierced the other day...chicks so far love it...so thats works huh??...i also have 3 tattoos on my back...chicks that see those love em too...just depends on the woman tho...everyone has diff taste...do what YOU want...not what others want...

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
got the top of my left ear done and all grls I've asked like it.

shyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
earings

do what you want, not what the girls will like.

Dropt03Ranger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: earings

Originally posted by shyguy
do what you want, not what the girls will like.
exactly...if a girl doesnt like it she obviously doesnt like you for you...so move on to the next...

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go on match.com, I swear every damn female profile i read has piercings listed as a turn-on.

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good conversation topic

A while ago I had my eyebrow pierced (got rid of it though), basically if you have it done a lot of people will say to you how they want some place pierced... does it hurt... blah...blah. The problem with visible piercing is stereotyping, people will automatically assume that you are a certain type of person based on a bit of metal in you face; it's harder to get a job (generally) and you scare old lady's (good or bad.. you decide).

If you want it, get it, if you aren't sure, don't; don't do it to pull chicks as your only reason.
ps I have a nipple ring as well <---- lost a bet

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put one in your brain, it's new, and it's not like people will notice :)

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
what about the nose? i have an earing in my left ear and i want to do a nose piercing left side as well? I think eyebrows are too common, so i wanna do something different.... it would be great to hear some more stuff about this so i'll BUMP it :)

BUMP

Spiter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Willo knows what's going on. I had my lipped pierced twice in the middle with a ring. I liked it so much, but you get a lot of crap from adults for it. Some women think it's really sexy and wonder how you kiss with it, and others think it's gross. I loved it and that was all that mattered. I needed to survive making money now, and that was more important so i took it out =/ If you think it would be cool, then do it. If you don't like it or the positive/negative attention associated with it, take it out.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the girl, but the most important thing to realize for ANY girl, whether or not you have piercings will not make the ultimate difference. Therefore, do what you like.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
Originally posted by Sayajin_Prince
what about the nose? i have an earing in my left ear and i want to do a nose piercing left side as well? I think eyebrows are too common, so i wanna do something different.... it would be great to hear some more stuff about this so i'll BUMP it :)

BUMP

You mean the nostril? Thats kind of a chick piercing. I mean, you can get it, but a majority of girls have it. i havent seen a guy with it. ive seen pics on BME, but not in real-life.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rock star image!

I'd say leave the Steve Vai look to Steve Vai. But if it is your thing, go for it. Who knows... maybe you'll be the next Steve Vai.

Rather than worrying about every little detail of your image, you might be more concerned with your attitude. Women do like a rebel though - a guy who dresses a bit differently. Just try to keep it subtle, or you'll look like you are trying too hard to be something you're not (no bull-rings in the nose!).

If you really wanna' stand out, buy a nice suit -- young people (like us) don't dress nice anymore. Everyone is trying to stand out, thus they all look the same.

It sounds like you have a pretty good sense of style though (expensive at least), so it really comes down to you. Do you think that YOU would like it, or are you just doing it for the women?

:cool:

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, spike, the easiest to hide facial piercing is the septum, or as you like to call the "bull ring in the nose". You can replace the "bullring" (or what i have, a circular barbell, looks like a horeshoe) with a retainer, and flip it up into your nose and no one will know you have it.

But then again, its whatever YOU want (to the OP). Dont care what people are gonna think of it or if theyre gonna like it,its YOUR piercing. Like, would you get a tattoo because some chick liked it?

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youre going to find every exception to my posts you can find, and try to contradict what i say. I am prepared this time. That is an extreme mod, and i was talking about regular guage septum piercings, like this one:

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/03-nose/A40421/high/adesseptum.jpg

that is a retiainer.

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/03-nose/A40421/high/dscn05680.jpg

that is a circular barbell.

I was not refering to stretched septums. With these regular (14-8 guage) septums, it is very easy to flip up into the nostrils and hide.

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/03-nose/A31214/high/iam00001107.jpg

See those bottom two pics? thats what it looks like when you flip up the retainer into your nostrils.

Not all septum piercings look like the one you posted, in fact, thats one man that did that. Most are normal-sized.

and i'm glad that you agreed with me on the last part. Thats what body mods are for...yourself. Theyre personal. If you want to know what my septum means to me, send me a note.