Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Picking up girls on a college campus?

Last_straw

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm back. Turns out I was right about the girl that was blowing me off, she wasn't interested. She ended up texting me this morning saying we aren't compatible and that we won't be hanging anymore (I already deleted her number late last week). Not much happened after that other than me telling her that she's a dishonest ***** for ignoring me. But whatever.

Anyway, I seriously need to get women. Since for the moment I'm not planning on going out for a couple of weeks (basically it's been slow at my work and I haven't made much money in a week or so) I thought I'd approach at school (I'm in my last year). I suck at approaching women during the day and honestly haven't tried much at school. FYI, I'm in my mid 20s (though most girls don't believe me, they think I'm in my early 20s), and I live 5 mins from campus in a house.

So looking for some explanation of how to approach women on a college campus. Anytime I've ever approached women during the day I got the same response (unless they opened me with a question or something), a baffled look as to why I'm talking to them. So to be honest I keep my approaching to the clubs for the most part (don't know why, just get the sense that women are more open to being approached in that atmosphere, though it never goes good for me there either, lol).

One of my roommates assumes it's easy to approach girls on campus. We had a quick discussion about it recently. He said I must be having fun with all the girls at school (he hasn't gone to school for several years). I say no since my none of my grad classes have any girls in them. He says something about going to the cafeteria to approach them and recants how he got 2 girls names at the college that night (he goes to the gym there, these girls opened him asking for directions). We didn't discuss it further though.

So yeah, thinking of maybe chatting up a few girls in the late afternoon tomorrow (since it's a fri maybe talking about partying is a good way to go). Not really thinking of doing anything tomorrow night because of the cash flow problem, just want to get my feet wet (and maybe get other parts of me wet at a later date :up: ).

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Posted this on another thread, it's relevant here -

Let me tell you about Nelson. Nelson was an Asian guy on my campus who had a habit of "introducing" himself to randoms. Pretty soon word spread of his "introductions" and he developed a reputation as that creepy guy on campus who hit on all the girls.

In college, girls are still at that stage where what their friends think matters A LOT. And word spreads. Nobody wants to hook up with "that creepy loner guy" - it's social suicide.

Be weary of running cold approaches in closed environments like college campuses. They're best left to large, anonymous environments where you're not bound to run into the same people.

Join clubs, make friends, get invited to parties with alcohol, hook up with girls. That's college game.

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
Pretty soon word spread of his "introductions" and he developed a reputation as that creepy guy on campus who hit on all the girls.
I recall a guy who came to my campus and made it habit to do the exact same thing, landing him a restraining order for his efforts. Long story short, I assume he transferred. IMHO, I think growing one's social circle (male and female) and getting on good terms people with access to transportation, booze, and sh*t to do will do the trick. Girls in college gravitate towards the interesting, the new, and the exclusive. Better to be known as the fun guy with a full schedule than the guy who talks to every girl in sight all the time.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My campus has 50000 people, and I still do run into people I know occasionally.

You have to get them at the parties or college events, when they are looking to have fun, drunk or high. Other than this, I see no other way of getting around of actually being with them in the same class, blah blah , over 2 semesters, blah blah , years before you get any action (unless you find a slut).
Cold approaches will land you a phone number, but that is just about it.

If you wanna be really sneaky, hit other schools or whatever-less chances of seeing them again. I went as far as hitting on ladies in a church.

Campus parties (mine has 2 bars in the student union building)-that is where all the poonani is.

Last_straw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Errr, well these responses are disappointing. There aren't really any big parties at my school. Sure, sometimes ppl have small get togethers with their friends in class (though the guys in my class don't get girls, they are the WoW playing types). Most ppl in my city go to bars to party. Guess I got no choice, looks like clubs are the only option. Oh and FYI to the guys that care about their rep, well I don't. I only have 1 year left so even if I got a bad rep it wouldn't really matter.

joe henny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats so hard about saying hello?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
Join clubs, make friends, get invited to parties with alcohol, hook up with girls. That's college game.
What are the clubs to join? Making the right friends is also hard to do.

I'm on my third year at this school and I just haven't been invited to any events.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess, if you dont have much to lose, simply go all out and get like 20 numbers per week, and approach indirectly more, otherwise you make them feel like they are being picked up.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bar we went out to last night was on a college campus , so I ran a few approaches just to see how it was. Did a total of 3 groups. One observation is that it was significantly more difficult than pulling in the city where the age was 24 and up. Typically I have a nack at pulling , but had zero success last night. It was always a friend pulling them away even if the entire group was addressed.

to sum up, I think the college game should consist of joining a group/club and making friends that way. Save the cold approaches for other venues; you'll need to leverage more social status to get girls on campus.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Half these replies are bull****. Jon024 of sosuave fame has one of the best approach journals I have ever seen and he does 50% of his best work, minimum, on his campus. HPRJ of RSDNation is another college gamer. It's not tough and girls won't think you're creepy...IF YOU DO IT RIGHT.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HolyG said:
Half these replies are bull****. Jon024 of sosuave fame has one of the best approach journals I have ever seen and he does 50% of his best work, minimum, on his campus. HPRJ of RSDNation is another college gamer. It's not tough and girls won't think you're creepy...IF YOU DO IT RIGHT.
I agree with this. It is tough to pull off though, unless you have really tight game. Social clubs in my experience don't really do it, the girl has to be attracted to you first.

Last_straw

Don Juan
Reaction score
HolyG said:
thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

greenlake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
approach the one that you're really interested in. don't approach girls just for the heck of practice. and that's just based on you revealing her your intention. for everything else, walking up and say "hi, are you new to this school?" or something similar will do. colleges are the most friendly environment you will encounter. guys and girls are friendly but of course there will always be the negative one.

Last_straw

Don Juan
Reaction score
greenlake said:
approach the one that you're really interested in. don't approach girls just for the heck of practice. and that's just based on you revealing her your intention. for everything else, walking up and say "hi, are you new to this school?" or something similar will do. colleges are the most friendly environment you will encounter. guys and girls are friendly but of course there will always be the negative one.
yeah I was planning on doing it just for practice. I need to get better with women because I honestly don't want to spend the rest of my life sucking with them. Of course I'd only approach attractive girls but I have no intention to wait for a girl I "like" (I've liked very few women these past few years).

superwoman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back to college after a year of break. Im trying to build up my social circle now. I think eventually I'll get some hook ups by building up values

greenlake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
then approach all the attractive ones. who cares what they think. girls who like you will find that so confidence of you while girls who aren't attracted to you will find it creepy. if i see a guy approach a girl he doesn't know, i would think that takes balls and wish him luck. if a cute girl approach me and ask me for my number i would think it's sweet and so courageous of her. but if a fat girl come up to me and do that i would think "wtf?" but still, i would appreciate her for her courage. trust me man, all these thing you call "bad reputation" will be forgotten every year school starts. there will new students every year. plus everyone are usually more focus on themselves than focus on a guy who go around approaching girls.

in the end of the day, just do what make you happy. if approaching girls during the day at campus makes you feel happy then just do it. haters gonna hate. you're doing something wrong if someone is not talking **** behind your back.

this is how i think, since most guys are going to bars/club or through friends to get girl. since i don't like drinking or loud music and have friends who have no lucks with women, the campus/mall are my club/bars and the girls are my social circle. if that's what you want to think.